Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Agree: 5,12,26: 1 point
    Disagree: 1,48,49: 1 point
    Score: 6

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone I don't know comes to the door I will not get up and answer it.
    Do you answer your phone?!

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Do you answer your phone?!
    My phone is set to accept only those on my contact list.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've dated a few girls in the past who have autism and while I went into those connections with an honest and open, clear mind.. I can't say I have the best experiences.
    So, based on that, nowadays I'm heavily leaning towards 'No'.
    Not that I hate or dislike anyone, I respect each and every person who treats me with respect..
    Just taking the extra step of dating and relationship.. No, Dont think I'll go that far anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    Same here.

Makes it next to impossible to know what people are thinking/feeling, which is pretty annoying.
    I despise modern society in general, and usually don't know what most people (especially women) are thinking or feeling because they either just can't be honest or try and pussyfoot around subjects. I do not have any form of Autism, so it really isn't just you. Granted I am a Paranoid Schizophrenic so that might attribute to my issues with dealing with people.

Do you enjoy the song "Call me maybe"?

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 07:48 PM ----------

Perhaps. I just know I am needy in a "get the fuck away from me" kind of way lol
    Isnt that the stereotype for a new yorker in the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Actually I must say with the phone thing, I only answer numbers I know on my personal cell. I answer everything on my work cells though.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    27 for the AQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Never heard it.
    Hmm. Actually I must say with the phone thing, I only answer numbers I know on my personal cell. I answer everything on my work cells though.
    Both times I have gotten a call on my work phone it was a wrong number. I'm unimportant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard it.
    Count your blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Count your blessings
    Okies. I'll file it into the same category as being a "2 Girls 1 Cup" virgin.

Its always those damn telemarketers when it is secret...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    Would you ever date an slightly autistic person?
    If they had slightly big boobs I would.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 07:48 PM ----------

Isnt that the stereotype for a new yorker in the US?
    That song is one of my secret loves lol

And I take the New Yorker stereotype to an entirely different level...

That song is one of my secret loves lol

And I take the New York e stereotype to an entirely different level...
    59th floor...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both times I have gotten a call on my work phone it was a wrong number. I'm unimportant.
    I told you I would call your work phone and ask questions to make you feel important! lol

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:54 PM ----------

59th floor...?
    Close guess to the floor my office is on, but way below my "STFU" attitude lol

I told you I would call your work phone and ask questions to make you feel important! lol
    Noes! Every time it goes off I jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yes, as long as i could still communicate with them effectively. Some people with autism are near perfectly normal, and few are genius's in some field.
    More then a few id say.
    And even more are genius but don't have someone to help support them in getting through the social blockades to get into the field they excel in.
    At least one Nobel prize winner has had Asperger syndrome.
    Now autism spectrum disorders were first identified in the 1940s, and it wasn't until later that they were recognised by the medical community. But here is a list of historical figures sometimes considered autistic
    based on various information we have on them.

The majority of high functioning autistic people are a bit weird but otherwise normal, and the main issue is the way society treats those who are different, regardless of why they are different.

I personally have ADHD and Asperger syndrome, and its rough some times, but I manage. One thing I plan on doing is having my brain donated to ADHD and Asperger syndrome research when I die, maybe it will help those in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally have ADHD and Asperger syndrome, and its rough some times, but I manage. One thing I plan on doing is having my brain donated to ADHD and Asperger syndrome research when I die, maybe it will help those in the future.
    You're already a hero to those that are like you if you do that. Sorry, just it was refreshing seeing that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't care what kind of disease a person has. Love the person for the person. Oddities and strangeness from disease can be compensated for by the shining qualities of the individual. There are ways to mitigate the impact of a disease (whether that's by medication, counseling, teaching, or something else.) I've met two people with Asperger's and one with minor autism. They were all a little bit quirky but at least they were interesting. The two with Asperger's seemed to be very intent on focusing on one central idea and rarely thinking/talking about anything else. The one with autism wasn't interested in daily goings-on and tended to prefer dreaming about imaginative things very frequently (creating games, writing a story, etc.) Those types of issues just don't seem that bad.

I understand that deeper levels of the autism spectrum can lead to almost total social disability. It's too bad that those people will never understand the joys of fully emotional communication. Regardless, most people can find love somehow even through some of the most horrifying or debilitating of life circumstances.