Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    alot of it has to do with what kinda player you are. If your a casual then no you shouldn't put up with it. any top 30 raider is used to being called a retard on a nightly basis. I would have whiped the group too but I probably would have told the druid to go fuck himself or get his mouth off his boyfriend "mages" dick before leaving.

I actually think it's a compliment and that you overreacted. If you can put your own dick in your mouth, it must be ginormous. The druid was praising you in fact!

You did not do anything wrong there , if he was too slow he got locked out, not your problem, but to be on the same page , I kinda abuse people verbally aswell when they fail , but its not intended to make them cry to sleep , more of a 'motivational insult' if you can call it that , something like "Hey , I just wiped my raid and I feel bad about it , not going to do it again" (<Thats how I would expect people to react to my insult>) But the truth is , most people who get insulted and start crying are like...meh lets just say , not real gamers to keep it clean :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkadian View Post
    You are a Jerk.

From Lurk.

Pigfudge

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

You provoked, got a response and didn't like it, so you're now crying on the MMO-Champion forums about it?

Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    Average age of the MMO gamer is 35
    what? source please

Of course not. Messing up is not an excuse to be okay with insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing that you reported him imo. He was a complete dick (ok the pun was bad, but I had to).

Beside, why does it matter that much that ONE party member was outside on a trash pull? Nothing to be sorry about.

i know the encounters for the heroics very well, so 99.9% of the time i simply ignore or even change the chat screen so i dont have to be bothered by whats going on. ignorance does indeed equate to bliss in some situations.

the mage messed up, not you. don't take abuse from retards like that

Quote Originally Posted by shandi235 View Post
    I don't insult folks when they make mistakes (I'm RL and GM in my guild) and I would expect the same for when I screw up (and folks do call me out!). Everyone screws up, we're all human.
    I agree with this. While I haven't been called out too much in WoW, it happens all the time in LoL. People mess up a lot, and you have to get over it, because you're otherwise going to have an awful time. Of course, if someone is intentionally trolling you / not taking your kind advice, I don't blame you if you get a little mad.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I normaly do instances and LFR with disabled Chat

When i'm new to something in any aspect of life, i'm more than open to constructive criticism. Hell, even if it's "Stop sucking and do 'x'" i'm moderately ok with it, so long as i legitimately don't know what i'm doing.

However, on WoW at least - If some cunt in a heroic is going to tell me i'm doing it wrong when i have VERY likely more experience in both WoW AND much more difficult games than that player (I excel in beating ridiculously hard games for fun, don't care how long it takes), that pisses me off. I only really get complained at when I tank, i'm used to just bashing heroics with just 1 friend and the other 3 people can suck a dick. If i'm on my own however, and the rest of the group just sucks and I go too fast - You'll get people who get locked out of rooms because they were too slow and start going "hurr durr wut tank doin' lol noob bad player".

This actually happened to me, and what's funny is - it was in Scholomance and I said 'wait a sec' before the first trash mob as I respecced; Some cunt ninja pulled so I had to quickly jump in and tank anyway, you'd think they wanted a fast pace? Wrong. I jump down and pull the next boss just as the trash dies and the healer gets caught in the ice (he had full mana), he died instantly, i left because I was definitely going to get shit for it, despite it being the healers fault (not the actual healing, just for getting caught) and of course, I get whispers like 'hurr durr ur meant to wait on the group' despite the fact that they fucking ninja pulled - Such hipocrisy, can't be fucked with pugs.

Most pugs are fine, i very VERY rarely get in a bother with them and more than often just try to help out if someone's making a mistake - But I can't stand when people try to talk down to me - Not when it's something i'm so experienced at, it's like working in a job for 30 years and then some 20 year old coming in and becoming your boss. It's bullshit.

If I mess up, I take a reasonable amount of verbal abuse.

Original question: Yes, thats also why I screw up less. Its far better to say " hey guys, I stood in the yada yada. I screwed that up, it won't happen again" than to have a raid leader asking what happened and a bunch of morons standing around going " I don't know" then someone sits there and is digging through combat/death logs etc, or worse yet we are discussing changing a strategy that would otherwise be working if that one person would have just admitted that it was failed execution, and not flawed strategy.
    That being said, this sounds like a random person that you never even met before. I personally would have just laughed at that comment at first before instantly dropping group, especially if I was the one who screwed up, but I wouldn't stick around and deal with his fail or his attitude too much after that either. Those are typically the dungeons where everyone just needs to STFU after that and give one last effort to just finish the run, so everyone can get their points and go home. Clearly a difference in personality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Perhaps if you'd just apologized to the DPS, rather than trying to pass blame onto them, you wouldn't have copped any abuse.
    This x1000
    To the OP, you are the puller right? Maybe you should stick with apologizing only and not trying to pass said blame onto them. You should let the mage "catch up" instead before you pull the boss knowing the door will close.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post

Beside, why does it matter that much that ONE party member was outside on a trash pull? Nothing to be sorry about.
    This is about the pull of the final boss of the HC, it wasn't a trashpull, l2read.

Deleted
    Ignore it and move on (instead of making a thread about it). So what, someone called you a dick, boohoo, get over it. I wish I had your problems.

Deleted
    Something like that happened to me another day. I play as a hunter and entered a random heroic to make some points on that day. As we enter the instance the tank links that acchievement that requires you not to kill any of the dogs in the Scarlet Halls and says that no one must touch the dogs. No dogs gets killed before the boss fight until I see 1 dog going down just as the boss is about to die.

The tank immediately starts insulting people, saying that we must be such morons and brainless that we couldn't even stop ourselves from killing 1 single dog. He rages and rages and then says:"I mean, I shouldn't be so surprised, you must be an idiot to play as a hunter or a shadow priest"(refering to me and another dps). That was it, I didn't owe this guy anything and I purposely stopped myself from doing any kind of aoe just so that he would get his acchievement and then he starts insulting me out of nowhere?

I left the group as soon as he said that. It's a shame but there are a lot of immature people playing these type of games. Best thing you can do is ignore them and leave whenever you're not feeling that you're being respected.

Let people insult me if I messed up? No. I always take responsibility if I mess up. If I am not aware and someone points something out, I look, recognize and learn from it. if they go the insult route, I light them up and point out the obvious shortcoming of the individual as to why he gets nerd rage over a video game.

Quite simple.