Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Apparently they'll be leaking portions of it to different outlets.

I personally don't believe a word of it.

Regardless, they'll have hell to pay soon.
    And this is the line they cross where they're seen as a terrorist organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Most Americans never have thought about taking on the Us government, just a few nutjobs. Most adults understand the need for privacy... I can only assume everybody in anon is under 35 and with no children/future.
    Have you been under a rock lately? You have a few large groups that want to take on the government right now. Ya, some are nuts, but many are just pissed off because their government is shitting all over them.

You assume that because someone is adapt at programming and an activist that they are kids with no family or future? Who do you think does all of the computer work out there? A bunch monkeys?

What I find very ironic is that we are going to be relying more and more on IT. Does the government think that all computer geeks are mindless sheep? The few computer geeks that I know are very smart and very politically active. The government is out of their league when it comes to dealing with cyber threats because the government is ran by a bunch of morons. Yes, I am well aware that they are saving a copy of this in their archive.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to see here. Standard internet bully crap to justify their crimes. Aaron Swartz was not killed but committed suicide. If they truly wanted to honor him then they would honor him. Instead of using him for their cause of internet bullying.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanMeow View Post
    Who are they terrorizing?
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanMeow View Post
    Terrorists, bastards and massive hypocrites who should hand over any right to live in the west.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Nothing to see here. Standard internet bully crap to justify their crimes. Aaron Swartz was not killed but committed suicide. If they truly wanted to honor him then they would honor him. Instead of using him for their cause of internet bullying.
    I am sure they are honoring him in their own ways to, but he is now also a martyr.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Terrorists, bastards and massive hypocrites who should hand over any right to live in the west.
    Why? What did they do wrong?
    I like sandwiches

How are they "fighting for my freedoms and promoting my general well being"? What is so bad right now? please explain? seriously a bunch of children wanting free movies/music downloads and mad at the government cause they wont let you do it easily.
    Not really sure how you water it down to children and piracy when their video was talking is referring to abuse of power. Did you watch the video or are you just trying to bash things because you read something about it on a website one time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    And these guys are hypocrites. "People deserve privacy and the internet shouldn't be monitered" and then "Here's their secrets." I hope the american government goes down hard on their ass.
    Do you not see the irony!?!?

They are perhaps too witty for their own cause if anything because it just flies over so many peoples' heads.

Go back to sleep.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Why? What did they do wrong?
    They are demanding privacy on the internet while they invade peoples privacy, using the internet. The OP isn't a case where it isn't justified, but there have been some cases where they've violated privacy to push their own views of how things should be on to others.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am sure they are honoring him in their own ways to, but he is now also a martyr.
    To be a martyr you have to die for a cause. He didn't. Killing yourself isn't dying for a cause. Nor should it be glorified as one. He was a kid that thought he was invincible because of his computer skills and got caught. Then he simply didn't want to deal with the consequences of his actions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    They are demanding privacy on the internet while they invade peoples privacy, using the internet.
    "Taste of their own medicine"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are demanding privacy on the internet while they invade peoples privacy, using the internet.
    And purposely so. The are being ironic...You know, invade our privacy and we will invade yours.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    And purposely so. The are being ironic...You know, invade our privacy and we will invade yours.
    That is not irony. That is I'm childish so I'm going to demand an eye for an eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous...tary-personnel
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ma...women-abortion

What about when their ironic acts of justice put peoples lives in danger, and those people aren't deserving of their ironic punishment? Sorry for the ninja-edit on my post too. People reply too fast and I almost always end up adding more to my own post when I read it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is not irony. That is I'm childish so I'm going to demand an eye for an eye.
    Obviously there is a difference of opinion because I could not disagree more. I am not arguing semantics with you.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    What about when their ironic acts of justice put peoples lives in danger, and those people aren't deserving of their ironic punishment? Sorry for the ninja-edit on my post too. People reply too fast and I almost always end up adding more to my own post when I read it
    Should their acts directly harm an innocent person then they should face the consequences. If they expose the corrupt for being corrupt I have no sympathy. In fact, I applaud them.
    I like sandwiches

Have you been under a rock lately? You have a few large groups that want to take on the government right now. Ya, some are nuts, but many are just pissed off because their government is shitting all over them.

You assume that because someone is adapt at programming and an activist that they are kids with no family or future? Who do you think does all of the computer work out there? A bunch monkeys?

What I find very ironic is that we are going to be relying more and more on IT. Does the government think that all computer geeks are mindless sheep? The few computer geeks that I know are very smart and very politically active. The government is out of their league when it comes to dealing with cyber threats because the government is ran by a bunch of morons.
    Name one group...

Yes, I am well aware that they are saving a copy of this in their archive.
    And this is the crazy type of person we have to deal with, somebody that is delusional. You really think the government gives a fuck about your opinion?
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2013-01-26 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real terrorists are not only in the sands of the middle east but in government as well, all across the west.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 09:00 PM ----------

Name one group...
    The Oathkeepers and other various militias?
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should their acts directly harm an innocent person then they should face the consequences. If they expose the corrupt for being corrupt I have no sympathy. In fact, I applaud them.
    They usually end up doing both. It's far easier to harm innocent people than it is to get at people in power though, and you won't hear about some random person who suffers because of it because it isn't newsworthy. Has anything good and noteworthy resulted from their actions to this day?

Anonymous isn't a hacker group in my opinion, it's a label many use. If you use that label then you should be judged as if you belong to it, and what people have done using that label is whatever their own agenda dictated they do. They've both attacked people who are corrupt and those who aren't deserving, so anyone using that label should be treated as terrorists for that reason.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-01-26 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    The real terrorists are not only in the sands of the middle east but in government as well, all across the west.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 09:00 PM ----------

The Oathkeepers and other various militias?
    lol, a group that "claims" to have 2000 people in it? Dude, my neighbor alone would kills those traitors. Fact is we do not have real opposition to the government cause there is no reason to be opposed. Only people that think their life is somehow negatively affected and very few actually think that (outside of kiddie forums like this one). You know why? Cause they are at work making the world go around.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Not really sure how you water it down to children and piracy when their video was talking is referring to abuse of power. Did you watch the video or are you just trying to bash things because you read something about it on a website one time?
    How is it abuse of power to run a country. These children have no clue what they are talking about. They think their way is the correct way but they have little to no understanding of the real world. How is that not obvious to you?
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2013-01-26 at 09:07 PM.