Page 1 of 56
... LastLast

Is being a racist really a big deal?

I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.

Because racism is stupid, ethnocentric (more like egocentric though), unproductive and again stupid when it can be explained by socio-economics

Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.

being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot

hope that helped clear things out.

"Races more prone to violence and drugs" listen to you. It couldnt possibly have anything to do with the society they live in or are forced into.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot

hope that helped clear things out.
    If that is true aren't you being a racist with your own comment?

It's not right to hate people of a different race, but putting your own race before others is completely natural.. it's like cheering on your own football team

Everyone judges you based on how you look, before they get to know you. People who say they never judge people from looks are kidding themselves. It's in the human nature.
    Last edited by nameuser; 2013-01-27 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because racism is nonsense and silly and harms entirely innocent people, that's why it's a big deal.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Basing assumptions off of statistics isn't racist I don't think. But however, I wouldn't view one singular person of a different race and instantly think they did all those things based on their race.
    Raaaa!

Deleted
    Yes, you judge people based on the colour of their skin rather than them as a person, I find it hard to think of anything more despicable. If you simply want to 'generalize' or be more wary against certain groups skin colour isn't the way to go, you should make sure to stay away from e.g. males and poor people instead. The fact that you 'chose' to make this generalization based on a certain skin colour (and gives it big enough of an impact that you even make this thread/the posts you've made) shows that you are racist. You also actually believe retarded statements like "some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem" when there's been shown that other factors cause the statistic discrepancy.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-27 at 02:23 PM.

It really means at what level, and form of racism you take.

Personally I define racism as: You loathe another person because of their nationality or skin colour.

To me, if you find a Black Women (For example) not as a attractive as a White Women, that to me isn't racism, nor is the preference to be treated by someone who is the same colour as you. I think it is extremely stupid, closed minded and ignorant, but not racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Yeah, I also think everyone thinks "Damn <race here>" every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    to Acknowledge means to see knowledge, or facts. Where are you getting your Facts that Race makes someone prone to violence, drugs, or mayhem. all races have thieves, murderers, all races have people addicted to drugs, because all races are comprised of people, and some people choose to use drugs or to use violence to resolve a problem. Race is not a factor.

There is a pretty big difference between racism and street smarts. Im white, if a gang of black guys starts walking at me on the streets of harlem im running. I would expect the same from a black person in the south when approached by a gang of skin heads.

That being said, racism is acting one way towards a group of people solely based on their skin color. That is just wrong. There are shitty people in the world everywhere, in every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    "Races more prone to violence and drugs" listen to you. It couldnt possibly have anything to do with the society they live in or are forced into.
    Has nothing to do with. They grow up in culture where these things are cool. It's cool to ditch school, smoke buds, slang rocks, pimp ho's, etc. Being poor has nothing to do with it. Made up so liberal whites feel better about themselves. I've lived in the "hood" and trust me the youngsters aren't sitting around saying "damn this society is so hard to live, I'm gonna go break into a house". It's not how it works. They want the money from the video's not the money you earn when you go to college for 4 years rack up 30-60k of loans and only make 45k/yr.

Europeans might have a different view cause honestly I don't think their black communities are half as bad as they are in US. Just google ghetto fights for about 5mins and you get a REAL view of what its like instead of fake unreal view you possess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It really means at what level, and form of racism you take.

Personally I define racism as: You loathe another person because of their nationality or skin colour.

To me, if you find a Black Women (For example) not as a attractive as a White Women, that to me isn't racism, nor is the preference to be treated by someone who is the same colour as you. I think it is extremely stupid, closed minded and ignorant, but not racist.
    Wait, you think not being as attracted to someone of a different race is stupid, close minded and ignorant? It's not as if someone can choose who they are attracted to. That's like saying being homosexual is sexist.
    Raaaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    This isn't a product of race, its a product of poverty.

The ignorance involved in racism is what I find to be most bothersome. It's devoid of any and all logic.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is such bullshit lol... I barely notice the fact people are even different colours.

The only people who tend to think "oh everyone is a little racist" are those that aren't really racist but may make racist comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racism goes hand in hand with ignorance, and I really can't stand ignorant people.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss