The real reason we don't have fast new content

Look at the effort they put into Art that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the game. Look at the incredibly detailed and well modeled intro videos to the expansions and games...
    I mean, look at the new SC2 expansion video, that probably took more people longer to make than putting those same people putting that time into something that's actually constructive that actually makes it into the game itself.

I understand they are "just artists" but there are many things that require art that we've asked for that are on a back burner cause it just isn't what blizzard "wants" to do.

Woa, that is the REAL reason?
    Do you work at Blizzard? awesomesauce.

Guess I'll have to stock up on machine parts when they will launch games like the cinematics.
    Doubt even 0.5% of all pc's out there could run such a game.

p.s stop talking out of your ass
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-01-28 at 04:47 PM.

They're putting out a ton of MoP content... I'd say they're doing it at a fast rate, plus this next raid is the biggest since Ulduar, so it's not like they're skimping either. Lots of content at a fast pace... good things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Look at the effort they put into Art that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the game. Look at the incredibly detailed and well modeled intro videos to the expansions and games...
    I mean, look at the new SC2 expansion video, that probably took more people longer to make than putting those same people putting that time into something that's actually constructive that actually makes it into the game itself.

I understand they are "just artists" but there are many things that require art that we've asked for that are on a back burner cause it just isn't what blizzard "wants" to do.
    ITP: Starcraft's cinematic team is in charge of WoW content design
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

You obviously don't understand how working as a team works. They have people dedicated to working on new content every day, the cinematic and art departments have nothing to do with any of that.

Deleted

I dont think you realise how big a company Blizzard is, they likely have a team devoted to making cinematic's, and countless teams doing the 'art' of pandaria. All these teams are doing their job and doing a damn fine job at that, they arent working on one thing instead of another, they are all doing their part.

You really dont realise how much effort goes into creating 'content' do you? look at ANY other mmo, scratch that, ANY GAME and point one out that brings new content more often... seriously, i'd love to see another game that brings out as much content, as often, as blizzard do. Some people will never be happy, this is the quickest, best content (imo) wow has ever seen and you're STILL complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    The guys who make the CGI movies, especially for SC2, have nothing, I repeat: NOTHING, to do with the game itself. Not a single person from the design and art department spends any meaningful time with it.

And you seem to be under the assumption that throwing more resources at a problem solves it.
    It doesn't.

Wait we're not getting fast new content? Seems to me as though we get a lot of new content, and fast. What was the point of this topic again?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cinematics is their own department....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account

You're wrong, plain and simple. What WoW's team does is not related to SC2's except by a very small margin.

I'm only an LFR hero. And im pretty lucky with drops. And they put put stuff faster than i can get all the drops. That is fast enough. You can play other games inbetween raiding you know. And if the 15 bucks a month is an issue, then you shouldn't be playing the game then.

Content now is faster than it has ever been.

Can this thread just be closed already? Clearly the OP has no clue what he's talking about and there's really nothing the mmo-champ community is going to gain from a topic like this except more hatred and negativity.

If content wasn't being pumped out faster than ever before this guy might have at least half of an argument, but as it stands, he doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Can this thread just be closed already? Clearly the OP has no clue what he's talking about
    I agree. This is a pretty pointless thread. I shouldn't even have responded to it.