Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    What, precisely do you hope to gain from this thread?

If you want to open a new account, go hit up the RAF thread and get a leveling buddy.

All you're gonna find here saying: "I circumvented the paid services systems, they caught me, and banned my account" are a bunch of people saying: "You deserved it."

That being said: Heirlooms -really- need to be movable across servers already.
    I know right, the heirlooms..

Oh I wanted to dump my story here, needed to.

I agree it is deserved.

Also, would you pay again to play or.....use it as a boost to quit playing forever.

Pay the money and be grateful they didn't ban you permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Ok I think I deserved this but here is the story:

I once quit WoW then a friend threw me SoR (Scroll of Ressurection).

I accepted and hastily chose my troll hunter.

Little did I know I transferred a large amount of heirlooms with him.

I found out after 1 month and they refused to put my heirlooms on my other char on the the other server back.

Well, I found out a way to get my heirlooms back later.

I transferred a character with all the heirlooms on him back to my old server, never intending to pay.

Now in the old days they would just lock your character, but now they locked my entire account until I pay the 20 euros.

I was only expecting that particular character to get locked after several days...

Thing is I want to play again but......not sure if it is worth paying the full 33 euros to play again.

What would you do?

Oh and don't start, I guess they have their rules and it's deserved.

But would you pay that much to play again?
    Yes you deserved to get your account locked.

The answer to your question about paying €33 depends on how badly you want to play again. €33 is not that much if you really want to play.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-01-29 at 02:27 AM.

Deleted
    To be fair, I didn't even have any money on my bank at the time, but I am not allowed to go in the minus with my money. Guess that did it.
    So you attempted to buy something without having the funds available to pay for it, with no overdraft or similar available?

I'm not surprised your account is locked.
    Last edited by mmoccfb5650d9f; 2013-01-29 at 02:09 AM. Reason: The lateness of the hour - oh my, time for sleepies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by +Katjá+ View Post
    So you attempted to buy something without having the funds available to pay for it, with no overdraft or similar available?

I'm not surprised your account is locked.
    That is your answer though.

lmao you need to pay them

Deleted
    You deserve it and you know it full well. If it were me I'd have just banned your ass for trying it on.

Whether to pay?

Entirely up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You tried to pull a fast one on Blizzard, you got your account locked. No sympathy from me. Shame on anyone who tries to argue against Blizzard's actions.

Kudos to them for locking your account, hopefully it's a permanent closure. If you are willing to try a stunt like this with real money, I hate to think about what kind of scams you try pulling in game. You tried to get services without paying for them, that makes you a thief in my book.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by +Katjá+ View Post
    You deserve it and you know it full well. If it were me I'd have just banned your ass for trying it on.

Whether to pay?

Entirely up to you.
    That first part was right, and you are just repeating what I already said several times over.

But a ban is over the top, don't be so vengeful.

First off, I would just pay and not do something like this to start with. Secondly, all this drama for heirlooms? Not worth it in my opinion. Thirdly, why would you expect your character to get locked and not your account? Doesn't make much sense to me! You owe them, so they'll remove your access until you don't!

So yea, just pay up! Unless you're not enjoying the game anymore. In that case you should quit anyway...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    You tried to pull a fast one on Blizzard, you got your account locked. No sympathy from me. Shame on anyone who tries to argue against Blizzard's actions.

Kudos to them for locking your account, hopefully it's a permanent closure. If you are willing to try a stunt like this with real money, I hate to think about what kind of scams you try pulling in game. You tried to get services without paying for them, that makes you a thief in my book.
    Not really, as I expected them to lock the character. I just wanted my heirlooms back.

I expected them to deny acces to that character, so I was ready to take the punishment, but I got another instead.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-01-29 at 02:20 AM.

Deleted
    pay the bill
    Stop trying to scam a company out of money regardless if they can afford to loose it or not.
    oh and they have never locked the character, always the account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    pay the bill
    Stop trying to scam a company out of money regardless if they can afford to loose it or not.
    oh and they have never locked the character, always the account.
    It happened to me earlier except I wanted to pay then, they locked my character at the time, not the account.
    So yes they actually did at one point.

Deleted
    Really, what a story. Why on God's forsaken planet would anyone pay 20 EUR to just transfer a bunch of heirlooms (which you don't need), then refuse to pay (which gets you in legal trouble), and then complain here on a public forum by shifting the blame ("this scam used to work!").

So lets get this straight. I would never have moved that character for the heirlooms in the first place. I mean, the game is perfectly playable without those. Perfectly. Its actually more fun I'd say. Because its less faceroll.

Then, well you did decide that. If you buy a service on the Internet you need to pay for it. You don't wanna do that? OK, well, be sure nobody can ever trace you to this post, ever, because this thread of yours just makes you look like a criminal who scams companies and cannot be trusted.

Third, complaining about it here won't get you much sympathy. You completely brought it upon yourself. If you don't agree with fees, don't commit to pay them. Its that simple.

If I were you I'd steer away from not being able to buy Blizzard products in the future or getting sued by small claims court, and I'd do the moral thing which is doing your civil duty by paying bills which are due. That's just the way the world works.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-01-29 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised a mod hasn't locked this yet. You're trying to argue against a punishment for something you did that was no legal. Nothing good or constructive will come of this thread. Your account will not be unlocked until you play by the rules, and pay your bill. Stop crying about the punishment.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Filing false charge-backs or giving bad banking info knowingly is not a smart or legal thing to be doing.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    I'm surprised a mod hasn't locked this yet. You're trying to argue against a punishment for something you did that was no legal. Nothing good or constructive will come of this thread. Your account will not be unlocked until you play by the rules, and pay your bill. Stop crying about the punishment.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Filing false charge-backs or giving bad banking info knowingly is not a smart or legal thing to be doing.
    Where do you see me crying?

I only see myself agreeing.

Why are you making things up.

Btw, I was prepared to 'do the time'.

Instead they gave me another punishment, pure and simple.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-01-29 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you see me crying?

I only see myself agreeing.

Why are you making things up.
    Here you go:

That first part was right, and you are just repeating what I already said several times over.

But a ban is over the top, don't be so vengeful.
    Obviously you disagree with the fact your account was locked as a whole, and here you are fishing for sympathy. You will find none.

Deleted
    It happened to me earlier except I wanted to pay then, they locked my character at the time, not the account.
    So yes they actually did at one point.
    Your sub is for the account, its always been for the account, it will always be for the account. you owe money for the time on the account, not the character. it makes no sense for them to lock the character when you owe money for the account. you could simply play another character.

Either way you owe them money for services rendered on the account. so pay them.

Deleted
    Here you go:

Obviously you disagree with the fact your account was locked as a whole, and here you are fishing for sympathy. You will find none.
    Not at all.

I just don't think banning is okay, I think locking the account is more than justified.

Not at all.

I just don't think banning is okay, I think locking the account is more than justified.
    Dunno, I think banning/locking is too little. You intended to use a service with no inclination of paying, thats called stealing and they tend to put people in jail for that, or either massively fine them.

Count yourself lucky you got away so lightly, locked account but chance to pay it off and unlock your account, I'd have banned you.

Either way you've had your answers, you either enjoy the game enough to fork up the money to play again, or you don't and deal with the consequences.