Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    why is it exactly a bad comparison?
    Because nobody wants to die unless suicidal. People however are unwilling to change. It cannot be compared.

Do you know all those people are not willing to change?
    You live in Sweden. What part of Sweden do you live in? How can you not notice the people who are not willing to change yet they scream racism?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Why can't you agree that it's honestly as simple as being a criminal or not? I'm sorry but before I started my business and had to eat ramen noodles, pick and choose what bills to pay and what to let go past due sometimes I didn't once kill anyone, rob anyone or anything, etc.

It's not poverty that MAKES your commit a crime. It's simply being a criminal or not. It's a black and white issue. Didn't mean to use a pun, but it fits.
    As much as I'm not a fan of labelling people for life after committing a crime, the pun did make me giggle for a while. :x
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    ..."we just gotta eliminate them. White people, black people, brown people, yellow people, get rid of 'em all. All we need is a voluntary, free spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep fuckin' everybody til they're all the same color."

+10 Internets if you know the quote
    Sounds like something MLK would have said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    The problem with your statement there is that it is human nature that when we get benefits from the government, we will rely on them. Thus giving a race an easier shot or free stuff only keeps them in the condition they are in. The only way a people will ascend is if they have to.
    Which is actually bullshit. The number of 'welfare queens' is drastically overblown by the media. The majority of people that go on welfare cycle out of it.

As regards affirmative action, the people of the minority still have to qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the Western world. Racism is not only prejudice against a group of people for their skin color, it's the ability and power to oppress them because of it. Whites cannot be oppressed in the western world because they, and only they have power and privilege over minorities solely because of their skin color. A lot of white people are unaware or completely ignore this fact, but it doesn't change anything. You are treated better everywhere you go simply because you're white. Racism will only start to go away when white people can accept their privilege and realize that they have a significant advantage over others because of race.

http://racism-education.tumblr.com/p...m-doesnt-exist

I really don't expect other white people to ever listen to this though, and will probably be attacked for posting this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    The problem with your statement there is that it is human nature that when we get benefits from the government, we will rely on them. Thus giving a race an easier shot or free stuff only keeps them in the condition they are in. The only way a people will ascend is if they have to.
    Its not a matter of race, but a matter of the individual person and possibly cultural background if refering to fx. refugees. Where the male might have come from being the sole provider of the family in the home country to being dependant on the goverment in the new one they fled to, or "worse" the woman would become the provider emasculating him.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    As much as I'm not a fan of labelling people for life after committing a crime, the pun did make me giggle for a while. :x
    It's not really labeling them for life. It's simple fact if someone is 30 and has never committed a crime, and another person is 30 and did commit a crime it's almost guaranteed who's the person willing to commit a crime in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I don't think people realize the drain on society people like that are. I mean if the person couldn't help themselves in times of need once, there's a very, very good chance it'll continue happening causing more and more strain until a breaking point is reached.
    Because every circumstance in a person's life is in their control, right.

Get a reality check, please.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    On topic: Everyone can be racist. The Japanese store owners and brothels that refuse service to European people are one of many examples.
    The Japanese juicy bars that refuse to serve foreigners do it more because they want to avoid trouble than being racist. Juicy bars are not a custom in most countries so they have many instances where someone foreign throws a fit after being handed a bill and realize that the girl they were talking to wasn't talking to them for free. It is mostly Americans they have the problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because it is not, and is -never- as simple as that. If impoverishment makes a person more likely to commit a crime (a known fact), then it would follow that rectifying the impoverishment would decrease instances of crime, period.

Social Sciences 101.
    Well I think it's pretty apparent if everyone had a million bucks, crimes would be almost non-existent. I think it's foolish (we'll simply have to agree to disagree) to think that living in poverty inherently makes you more willing to commit crime though. There's criminals and there's everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    in my area of the US white is actually the minority behind black, with latino closing rapidly toward 2nd place. i see a horrible amount of black on white racism every day, and it sickens me that it is such an open BRAGGED about practice here. they are just so proud to hate the white population. and there is absolutely NO social stigma against it at all, they think "its ok, because my great-great grandpa (who they probably couldnt even name) was a slave"
    imo that doesnt make it ok, that makes it WORSE.

just my 2c
    sorry /endrant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think it's pretty apparent if everyone had a million bucks, crimes would be almost non-existent. I think it's foolish (we'll simply have to agree to disagree) to think that living in poverty inherently makes you more willing to commit crime though. There's criminals and there's everyone else.
    Quite simply, you're wrong. There is no way about it; it is a known fact that people living in poverty are more likely to commit crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    if everyone had a million bucks, a happy-meal would cost $150,000

Because every circumstance in a person's life is in their control, right.

Get a reality check, please.
    Actually, there's very few things in life that aren't almost directly controlled by you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Because nobody wants to die unless suicidal. People however are unwilling to change. It cannot be compared.

You live in Sweden. What part of Sweden do you live in? How can you not notice the people who are not willing to change yet they scream racism?
    I'm not saying that everyone wants to change, Some people just don't want to. And maybe its bad of me but when it comes to your views about immigrants or anyone not Swedish, You pretty much marked them already as all bad. I've never seen you talk positive about any in the slightest when it comes about discussing topics such as these.
    Your free to think whatever you want ofcourse. And who knows maybe i'm wrong~

Quite simply, you're wrong. There is no way about it; it is a known fact that people living in poverty are more likely to commit crimes.
    But throwing money at it doesn't make shitty parents better parents.

Deleted
    I'm not saying that everyone wants to change, Some people just don't want to. And maybe its bad of me but when it comes to your views about immigrants or anyone not Swedish, You pretty much marked them already as all bad. I've never seen you talk positive about any in the slightest when it comes about discussing topics such as these.
    Your free to think whatever you want ofcourse. And who knows maybe i'm wrong~
    The only immigrants I have something against are those from the ME/NA regions. The rest are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is possible to be racist against white people. You could debate about the overall effects of such racism on a population level and whether or not this is comparatively significant to racism against other groups, but in general it primarily expresses itself on an individual and local level in the States.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why i hate people. we are all equally worthless. We really are destructive

What i find amusing now a days is how racism is seen with a blind eye. What i mean by that is there are plenty of racist groups in this country that are seen as main stream and get favorable play in the media. If you see the kkk on the news odds are it is not going to be in a favorable light, but the naacp, which by action is basically the same as the kkk on the other hand, gets a much more welcomed viewed. It amuses me that we have black history month, hispanic history month ect, but suggest white history month and folks would lose their mind. Am i racist? no but that does not mean i can not be just as proud of my race as they are of theirs