AMD to Intel upgrade

Long time lurker first time poster

Okay here goes,

I have been wanting to switch to intel for awhile now. And looks like I am going to be making the change. I have been into building computers fer awhile now probably 10 plus years. I can do simple hardware exchanges and so on but never built a whole computer from base up. Only a couple things that worry me are the putting thermal paste between cpu and heat-sink, locking cpu into place, (heard ya have to use a lil force and hear creaking a bit) and what if it dont boot or getting a bad part.
    I really only play wow, so i am looking to hopefully get through 2 more expansions with this build. I have a ssd that I am taking out of my current computer before I give it to the gf. Looking at getting 60+ fps in 25 man raids with graphics on ultra. I have compiled a bit of a build at what i think is the best (from my late knowledge, raedeon 9800 was when I build my last pc was the video card top of line)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AcfB
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AcfB/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AcfB/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake CLP0554 86.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($61.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.98 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Phantom (White/Red) ATX Full Tower Case ($96.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($25.97 @ Newegg)
    Total: $895.44
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-29 11:01 EST-0500)

Any suggestions offered would be helpful. I would not like any bottlenecks.
    I have a 128gb vertex 4 ssd that is going into the system also
    also I am wondering if the 650 watt power supply will be enough seeing as the video card draws alot

would like to keep this under $1000.
    U.S. currency and shopping at newegg,tigerdirect,amazon
    Last edited by Elmister; 2013-01-29 at 04:09 PM.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

With the HSF and TIM you will have to apply a little extra force(it doesn't exactly snap into place) and as far as not booting and bad parts it happens, best you can do there is a little basic troubleshooting and make sure everything is installed correctly and securely, if you find out you have a bad part you send it back for a replacement.

The build itself looks pretty good though I personally would consider the i5-3570k processor(it's only 10$ more) but if you don't plan on attempting any overclocking the one you have should be strong enough for your needs.

the i5 3570k is for the overclocking? I have thought about that and I was thinking maybe I should go with a gigabyte board which has built in overclocks? I dont really like messing around with bios and such. Looking for a kinda click how much you wanna overclock to and restart is what I was looking for but dont think those exist.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Best Buy)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.98 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Microcenter)
    Case: NZXT Phantom (White/Red) ATX Full Tower Case ($96.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($73.00 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $856.48
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-29 11:36 EST-0500)

Cheaper CPU cooler that is better suited for you.
    Couldn't find the Samsung HDD for that price, it was 100+.
    Better cooled and higher clocked GPU.
    Cheaper PSU that is just as good.
    Cheaper optical drive.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Will that cool enough in the future if I am looking to overclock?
    Along the same lines if i am looking to O.C. will that be enough of a psu to overclock?
    that is why i went with the thermaltake cooler for in the future if I am looking to O.C. I want it cooled.
    Last edited by Elmister; 2013-01-29 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    Will that cool enough in the future if I am looking to overclock?
    Along the same lines if i am looking to O.C. will that be enough of a psu to overclock?
    that is why i went with the thermaltake cooler for in the future if I am looking to O.C. I want it cooled.
    The Thermaltake cooler isn't any better than the hyper 212 evo, if you want a better cooler for serious overclocking take a look at Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright Silver Arrow, Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 or Phanteks PH-TC14PE.

Your computer will run below 300W load at stock settings, even with very high overclocks you won't reach 400W.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-01-29 at 05:15 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Is there any benefit with going with a gigabyte board for the special bios they have? Does this intel cpu have the easy overclock that a grandma can do it? (the commercial)

I have no idea what special BIOS you are talking about, I think all Z77 motherboards are using UEFI if that is what you are talking about.
    The CPU is unlocked so it is pretty easy to overclock.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    Is there any benefit with going with a gigabyte board for the special bios they have? Does this intel cpu have the easy overclock that a grandma can do it? (the commercial)
    The Bios are all about flavor, there's not really much difference between them. When you overclock you want to do it through the Bios, not through any Windows program or Bios program the motherboard comes with. All CPUs are binned differently, so you'll want to find your stable overclock manually. It's not hard at all honestly unless you're trying for a maximum overclock. For my 2500k I just bumped the voltage a tad and put it at 44 multiplier and boom, 4.4ghz.