Thread: Gold coins.

Deleted

Gold coins.

Okey, theese coins... i hate them...And i like them... but it's so annoying when you use gold 2 times on the same boss and get the same item twice... Why arn't you allowed to choose What item You want when you use the gold coin? It's even worse on a boss like elagon where i need 3 items and i got the heroic belt, then i use a coin and get another belt when you really want that BiS trinket. Question is, Why can't we choose our reward if we get loot from the gold coin?

Because you are already getting a second chance at loot from a single boss kill (something raiders have NEVER had before now). That in itself in more than enough of a reward. They are not going to let you choose which gear you get because then people would gear up far quicker than Blizzard wants.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I have gotten the same chest 3 times and the same axe 3 times. I'm not upset it is just sad that I get these items to vendor them when someone else could use them. Seems like a flawed system. It is like I am rolling on shit I already have. Makes no sense.

Deleted
    Seems good enough, No more comments on the post please.

Deleted
    Coins are good if you are enchanter the current price of spirit blood on mine realm is between 1500-1800g i always be happy when i get item from coin even if isnt that for what i drop the coin

Coins should be seen raidwide especially in 10man. Killing windlord hc and getting a total of 5 items instead of 2 is a huge improvement to your raid. So far I think coins really are worth it.

Deleted
    I can remember how bloody long it took me in vanilla to gear up on my rogue, and even cataclysm to gear up in a 10man raid. As it stands pretty much half of the raid gear I've had so far has been from coins. The first week LFR opened I got banana sword from elagon with a bonus roll - followed shortly after by the normal version. On our first sha normal kill I got the tier helm from a bonus roll and the 2h axe from a drop. A few weeks later I got the 1h from a bonus roll and another 1h from a drop.

It's all luck and I've still never had anything I can use drop from protectors elite (only killed protectors on "elite" mode 5 times or so) but I seriously wouldn't complain about an extra chance at loot - even if you might be getting something you already have - that's the chance you take when you click that roll button.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-01-30 at 05:13 AM.

I think they should get rid of coins, they seem to cause more trouble than they're worth. Instead of people being happy about getting an extra shot at the loot table, a roll only on items you can use, I see more complaints about having to do the dailies to get the coins and not getting the item you wanted.

Seriously, we could have it a lot worse.

Oh lord, please just be happy you get anything from your coins at all?

All I got from my last ~12 coins was gold, while I keep using them on bosses that drop BiS loot for me. And it's not like these bosses actually want to drop the loot by themselves, which means that I haven't seen a single upgrade in the last month, despite killing ~8 bosses per week that *could* drop one or more upgrades for me.

Quote Originally Posted by forsbocken View Post
    Okey, theese coins... i hate them...And i like them... but it's so annoying when you use gold 2 times on the same boss and get the same item twice... Why arn't you allowed to choose What item You want when you use the gold coin? It's even worse on a boss like elagon where i need 3 items and i got the heroic belt, then i use a coin and get another belt when you really want that BiS trinket. Question is, Why can't we choose our reward if we get loot from the gold coin?
    simple solution for blizzard, remove coins from the game then you get nothing. then you cant QQ because its the same loot system they've used for 8 years.

Deleted
    How can you complain about a luck thing. I have used 3 coins from the beginning on every week on every boss I could use an upgrade. There were weeks, I got nothing but the Gold and there were weeks (like last week) were I got 4 Heroic 509 pieces in a row. Randomsness is random.

7 out of 8 heroic Items I wear are from Coin drops. Nohting drops in my shitty 10 man raid. AT least I get well geared through coins