Unholy DK Rune management / Rotation Video Guide

Here is the guide that I made about UH DKs rune managment video explaining the rotation, priority and the whole theme/play style of UH DKs. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWQCe3oV76I

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I'll be checking it out. I'm kind of rusty when it comes to unholy. D:

However, here's a bit of constructive criticism, in my humble opinion:

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but personally, I dislike videos when it comes to information. I'd much rather have a list readily available, condensed and to the point ç since that saves time and makes it less dense to go through (let's face it, how many of us have had to wait or look for for a specific moment in any video to take a look at the info we actually needed?). That is the reason I'm not too fond of videos that show how to kill a boss. They -usually- spend a good chunk of the video blabbing about useless stuff (not saying you did this, I still haven't watched yours. :P)

Having said this, thanks for your contribution! (no sarcasm)
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but personally, I dislike videos when it comes to information. I'd much rather have a list readily available, condensed and to the point ç since that saves time and makes it less dense to go through (let's face it, how many of us have had to wait or look for for a specific moment in any video to take a look at the info we actually needed?). That is the reason I'm not too fond of videos that show how to kill a boss. They -usually- spend a good chunk of the video blabbing about useless stuff (not saying you did this, I still haven't watched yours. :P)

As a youtube subscriber and stream follower of Reinhart I can say that he absolutely the DK with the best content at youtube. There is no doubt in my mind. He is extremely helpfull.

Also, the video he linked here is VERY detailed and will help a lot of people. I havent seen a guide like that from any other youtube channel for any other classes.

Reinhart is the king of Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post

You're on to the right track as to why Reinhart's videos are generally a waste of time to any intermediate wow player. He usually rabbles on about either useless information (Probably to sound more insightful) or spends half of his videos on pretty basic information that any average person can figure out leveling to 90.

Reinhart also tries to make Unholy sound more difficult than it actually is. One of his macro videos has him explaining that he has over 80 or something keybinds, which in my opinion is complete overkill for a pretty basic spec. He acts as if the only way to get to 2.2k is to have dozens of pet macros that ultimately make things more confusing. If you have over 60 keybinds as any DK, its complete overkill.

I would also like to add that I despise his arrogant attitude towards Frost and Blood DK's. He acts as if Frost/Blood specs have aids and believes that they require no skill but at the same time believes Unholy is this demigod of complete skill. Now this isn't just limited to him, I've noticed this with other die hard Unholy players who I almost feel like play Unholy just to feel "above the herd." Its all total nonsense. I would even argue that Frost requires more skill in a pve setting just because its rotation is so strict and unforgiving to a simple mistake. Unholy is harder to understand, but really... and I mean really easy once you understand how it works.

And you won't understand how it works by watching a Youtube video. Everything in gaming whether its speed running, FPS, Fighting Games, MMO's ect all require constant repetition and self made goals. What bothers me most about these Youtube heroes is that they all give their audiences bits and pieces of information to keep them hungry. They'll never sell the complete knowledge of what they know because it keeps their audience in line and below them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You're on to the right track as to why Reinhart's videos are generally a waste of time to any intermediate wow player. He usually rabbles on about either useless information (Probably to sound more insightful) or spends half of his videos on pretty basic information that any average person can figure out leveling to 90.

Reinhart also tries to make Unholy sound more difficult than it actually is. One of his macro videos has him explaining that he has over 80 or something keybinds, which in my opinion is complete overkill for a pretty basic spec. He acts as if the only way to get to 2.2k is to have dozens of pet macros that ultimately make things more confusing. If you have over 60 keybinds as any DK, its complete overkill.

I would also like to add that I despise his arrogant attitude towards Frost and Blood DK's. He acts as if Frost/Blood specs have aids and believes that they require no skill but at the same time believes Unholy is this demigod of complete skill. Now this isn't just limited to him, I've noticed this with other die hard Unholy players who I almost feel like play Unholy just to feel "above the herd." Its all total nonsense. I would even argue that Frost requires more skill in a pve setting just because its rotation is so strict and unforgiving to a simple mistake. Unholy is harder to understand, but really... and I mean really easy once you understand how it works.

And you won't understand how it works by watching a Youtube video. Everything in gaming whether its speed running, FPS, Fighting Games, MMO's ect all require constant repetition and self made goals. What bothers me most about these Youtube heroes is that they all give their audiences bits and pieces of information to keep them hungry. They'll never sell the complete knowledge of what they know because it keeps their audience in line and below them.
    Yikes. As someone that has recently switched from frost to unholy (never played it prior) i can say that his videos have helped me a lot. Yes it takes repetitions to get good at things. The best way to do this is to educate yourself on what and how you need to do something so that you can repeat it correctly, and Reinharts videos have helped me in that aspect.

Thanks Reinhart, I hope you keep making videos.

I would also recommend Reinhart to others who want to play unholy Pvp (: