Thread: Arena team help

Arena team help

heya MMOers,
    I (my resto druid alt) am doing 2v2 pretty casually with my friend (BM/sometimes surf hunter).
    We are mainly PVEers (16/16N and 5/16hc) so we haven't so much exp on pvp. We are sitting at 1500 rating but we feel we could go higher but some problems arising so i need some constructive tips. I would love if we are doing something wrong or nothing we can really deal with.
    1) My hunter, as BM, claims that in bladedge arena and dalaran one if his target jumps down he loose all the dmg and pressure on him. We tried countering that by standing down and not going up the bridge, but that doesn't really always work. How do you deal with that?
    2) How can i deal with a hard switch on me? (usually vs 2 dps) I always risk to die in one stunlock and if i trinket and use def cd always risk to die. Usually i burn barskin and might of ursok (with enraged rejuv) on the first switch on me and then my next option is going incarnation tree if it isn't on cd already: the real problem with is that it takes 1 GCD to activate and than and only that i can start healing (always if i'm not silenced).
    In general i find i have quite low burst healing (me or my hunter is the same), i mean what i can do is rejuv+ swift+putting stacks of lifebloom, NS+regrow, and rarely regrow spam since i risk begin silenced.
    3) How we deal with +15 secs chains cc on me? i mean my hunter have only silence shot+intimidation+scatter and pretty only double deterrence as def cd.
    4) How we should deal with priests "switch life with my companion and heal back to full" thinge? It's really something we can't get how to.
    5) I have nearly no mana problems in 95% on the games so i thought i could reforge some spirit to mastery to increase output, should i reforge in something else?
    I hope for some constructive critics and tips in general for our team too. I just want to precise that we are not super pvp skilled but we are putting some effort and would love to raise (but slowly) bring up our rating. ( we usually winn as much as we loose during the week)
    Here ours armory (hope we are in arena gear):
    (resto druid) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hojo/advanced
    (hunter)http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Reky/simple

cheers from Hojo and Reky!

1) You should definitely play up top. Your hunter uses Explosive Trap (or you Typhoon) on the person he's not on and bam, it's in your favor. If they jump down chances are you put them on the defensive.

2) You'll need your hunter to peel for you, which means in turn you have to help the CC from him. If it's double DPS they're going to want to CC chain him if they're going you, simply coordinate when he'll have to trinket and dispel the ones you can. He can scatter trap/explosive trap/silence/intim/root those that are on you, as well as your displacers and Disorienting Roars. Remember Nature's Grasp on melee as well. Edit: Also remember you get Deterrance from Symbiosis on your hunter.

3) Which 15s CC chains are you referring to? Your hunter can stop most of them (except Blood Fear, instant clone, POM) and you can shift before a poly/hex hits you. Since druids heal via HoTs you should try to line as much as possible unless you're going for CC or you need to mass heal your partner because he can't drop back to you (stunned for instance). Once again, just coordinate, use Raid Marks if needed so he can eat your traps or see when a druid is running towards you to clone.

4)Depends what you're playing against. If a shadow priest swaps to a resto shaman for instance (he gains health resto loses) clone the shaman quickly and let your hunter set up on the shaman with CC on the priest before the clone ends and blow him up. If it's the other way around and priest hasn't dispersed you can really either CC shaman and force disperse or stay on shaman regardless since you've already established that pressure.

5)Can't help you here, I personally don't know stat weights for PvP resto druids.

Haste is good if you can get to HoT breakpoints. Mastery is good otherwise, since you don't need to hardcast anything to keep it up, with Swiftmend also proccing it. Crit is too random so I'd probably rate that lowest. My gemming strat is int/power in reds and power/resi in blues and yellows.