Page 4 of 192 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep the IGN giveaway is for ign Prime members, thats just stupid when all the others were free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkD View Post
    They posted the next beta key site, but it seems like you need to pay to get it.
    ign.com/prime/promo/neverwinter
    Pretty dick move by IGN.

I believe IGN does this for a lot of beta. Recall the GW2, Firefall, End of Nations and Tera beta weekends all having IGN Prime requirements for their beta keys.

Part of the service IGN sells. Standard practice, nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Pretty dick move by IGN.
    Why? They're rewarding those that subscribe. There are a number of websites that have similar giveaways flagged only for subscribers/premium members, it's an added bonus onto what they already receive. There are plenty of other sites that have been giving them away that don't require a premium account etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Why? They're rewarding those that subscribe. There are a number of websites that have similar giveaways flagged only for subscribers/premium members, it's an added bonus onto what they already receive. There are plenty of other sites that have been giving them away that don't require a premium account etc.
    4 Websites is hardly plenty. Considering the beta keys on those were consumed pretty fast. I can't wrap my head around the concept that you have to "pay" for a beta key GIVEAWAY . But i'm probably overthinking. I got mine, and itching to try the game for myself.

Didn't the beta start at 12pm PST?

Btw. The easiest way to get a beta key is PC Gamer. Cost me a dollar took all of 30 seconds then got my key emailed to me and I redeemed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    Didn't the beta start at 12pm PST?

Btw. The easiest way to get a beta key is PC Gamer. Cost me a dollar took all of 30 seconds then got my key emailed to me and I redeemed it.
    12:00 PM PST is in 6 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    12:00 PM PST is in 6 hours
    My mistake. I can't tell time when I wake up >.< Been up since 4 with my 6mo old who decided it was time to party.

On another note... for anyone still trying to get a beta key I recommend going through PC Gamer.

Looking for a link and I'll edit my post.

I got my key from the Curse website. I guess they give every member that is registered a key on there. Don't know. lol

Is Neverwinter the new server? (And mindflayer from beta1?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a spare key for this weekends beta. First PM to me can have it and I'll update this post when it's gone.

Key is gone.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-03-08 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Neverwinters site doesn't want to load for me to redeem

Entire perfectworld site seems down for me...
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2013-03-08 at 08:15 PM.

Oh, so far it feels like DDO 2: NEverwinter.

Not displeasing to me.

I really liked the combat system. It feels smooth and easy.

Deleted
    Managed to redeem key... site is down again and can't find a download

10+ Year Old Account
    Liking the "Dungeon" feeling , its been along time since i dungeon crawled. I also like the instanced areas for the quests, gives me a DDO and GW vibe from it.

Yeah it does have a DDO 2 type of feel. Combat is pretty good. The animation lock is not as bad as I feared at first, in other words it doesn't really have that much of an impact on the gameplay as I feared at first.

Character models and animations are the weakest part of the game so far for me. But at least they are better than DDO and Lotro in that respect.

I don't mind animation lock. Prefer it actually in MMOs. The animation lock can be broken with the shift key. So like if you are a tank you can in mid-swing quickly put up your shield or dodge as a Trickster.

Very rewarding to smart and calculated play.

Pretty impressed with the game so far. Very smooth and surprisingly brisk. Questing doesn't even seem a chore. I feel like I am playing a good Adventure-RPG. So much so, I asked on vent "When does the questing start?" because it all felt so... erm, fun.

Yeah as far as first impressions go, I'm fairly impressed. I could see myself playing a couple times of week with this game.