Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stay on topic. If you liked Wrath, share your memories. Don't bash

Deleted
    Yeah Wrath was great and I'd like to have it back not for gameplay reasons (the game is better now,transmog for example is something I would miss ) but I had an awesome guild back in Wrath and an awesome community on the server I used to play on..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Ulduar meant more as a raid because we'd already been introduced to most of the bosses in the quests from that zone. The watchers, Razorscale and Yogg has all been introduced or at least talked about in the surrounding areas. ICC had a few bosses like that (Blood Princes, Sindragosa, Saurfang and Arthas), but where has this approach gone? It certainly wasn't there in TBC or Vanilla where they still relied on you having played WC1-3 or read an obscure book to understand what was going on. They haven't bothered since.

When I go in a raid now, I'm just left thinking "Who are these guys? What are they supposed to have done?" They're nobodies. We need a lot more introductions and interaction. Blizzard can make great stories and characters, but the effort put into raids lately has been underwhelming at best.

Wrath may have had a first tier that was grotesquely simple (the only boss that took more than a few pulls was Sarth 3D), but everything else about it was great. The only way they could have made it better was to ditch Trial of the Crusader and put 10 mans on equal footing with 25s.
    I've always wondered tho, if we can zone into a raid, why don't the bosses zone out?
    Seems awefully depressing waiting there, standing arround doing jack shit till some random group of 10/25 comes by to attack you, with unfair rules to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggyballs View Post
    These threads pop up every expansion ffs.

In Wrath it was 'Vanilla is the best!'
    In Cata it was 'TBC is the best!'
    Now in MoP people are really bumming WotLK?
    Next ex-pac is Cata gunna be the best?
    It's a fucking syndrome, I swear. Every ex-pac bar the current one and one just before the current one is; "Amazing omg SOOOOO much nostalgia DD guise you remember this?"

Get a grip.

I hated raiding ICC for so long. I hated TotC. I hated re-used Naxx and Ony. I hated RS and OS. I hated the new Battlegrounds. I hated arena being the most retarded it has ever been, causing them to completely changing the game basics and mechanics in Cata just to fix it. Lets not forget the complete mess they made of raiding and lockouts, with 3 different types in 1 ex-pac. It was a fucking disgrace.

The only good thing out of WotLK was Ulduar. END OF DISSCUSSION.

Now everyone shut the fuck up about "nostalgia" and enjoy the game you are playing?

/rant.

EDIT: Also, clearly you never played Vanilla or TBC if you think WotLK had better lore.
    Woah woah woah....why so angry? Go outside and get some vitamin D, it'll put a smile on your face I promise

Deleted
    Wrath bored me because it had too much content irrelevent to the central theme of a war on the Lich King.

Here is raiding in Wrath.

Naxx - "killing Scourge, awesome!"
    Obsidium Sanctum - "Black Dragons, ok why are we fighting these guys?"
    Eye of Eternity - "Another bloody Dragon? can I please go kill some Scourge!?"
    Ulduar - "Ok so I am going into an old Titan City because a dumb-ass Dwarf wants to dig up stuff, why? I don't care really I don't! (you care even less if you are Horde)"
    ToC - "A f**king tournament!!? WHY?! Can we please stop procrastinating and go kill something Scourge related please!"
    Ruby Sanctum - "ugh Dragons again!"
    ICC - "Arthas? Wow totally forgot about that dude, time to go fulfil my very reason for being here in the first place!"

The Grizzley Hills music is def my favorite song from WoW. So emotional and stuffs! I loved Wotlk, def my favorite expansion. That may just be because I got to experience the most relevant content in that expansion than any of the other ones though. Regardless, EVERY zone was unique and had its only little story, all the npc races felt really fleshed out and awesome. Just the scope of that expansion was amazing. I really miss the days of journeying into storm peaks and looking up to go.. holy shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Wrath bored me because it had too much content irrelevent to the central theme of a war on the Lich King.

Ulduar - "Ok so I am going into an old Titan City because a dumb-ass Dwarf wants to dig up stuff, why? I don't care really I don't! (you care even less if you are Horde)"
    ToC - "A f**king tournament!!? WHY?! Can we please stop procrastinating and go kill something Scourge related please!"
    ICC - "Arthas? Wow totally forgot about that dude, time to go fulfil my very reason for being here in the first place!"

that's kinda true, yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK was a great expansion. I loved it, I actually had fun.

I remember back in vanilla leveling a orc warrior, getting it to level 19 and feeling WoW was that massive world that I would never be able to figure out with a sense of wonder, fast forward a few years later and I'm leveling a DK, I start on the Northrend quests for the first time and seeing Arthas standing their mocking me in this new land I felt that same feeling of wonder again, that I was this small thing in a massive world.

I think the Lich King expansion was by far the most fun for me, as others have said it was not perfect nor do I wish to return to it, but it did give me back a little of that magic that the game had way back when.
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-01-31 at 12:50 PM.

The Lichking story was awesome, the overall design was great (I love the undead theme) - but, raiding was bad (except Ulduar) and we had to do ICC for OVER A YEAR. At the end I hated Northrend so much. I also hate them for making Naxxramas a joke compared to vanilla. I think MoP is one of the best xpacs now. It offers so much to do, raiding is done well (not too hard, not too easy, interesting boss mechanics).

For me
    Vanilla = 100% nostalgia rose colored glasses, but had many flaws if you take a closer look,
    BC = overtuned but really challenging 5 mans and awesome zone designs,
    Wotlk = easymode raids and dungeons - only HC raiding was a challenge but after 13 months the same I hated it,
    Cataclysm = boring, really really boring zones and raids (a few fireland bosses where ok), I even stopped raiding after killing deathwing on normal,
    MoP = fresh air, new ideas, great until now.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    idkfa iddqd
    Omg the weapons and immunity !

And what about idclip and idclev ? :P

Now we are slightly off topic though ..

15+ Year Old Account
    I also enjoyed wrath, My best raiding experiences were in ulduar and ICC....wrath is my fave, then tbc, then mop then cata. I didnt play during vanilla

The pure, undiminished chaos of doing phase 4 of Firefighter the first few times is what sticks out vividly for me.

Gradually going back and having that phase be just a little bit less of a shit storm every week until we were killing it smoothly was a great feeling of progress and accomplishment. Consequently Greaves of the Iron Army was my favorite piece of loot that tier.

For me its really easy to say which expansion is the best:

For raiding as well as overall atmosphere i consider wotlk by far the best, while i really liked Karazahn in BC, i did not like the other raids as much.

For PvP, TBC was by far the best. BGs where never so active and competetive and i did not see as much bots as today, and 2s very fully viable, and the balance was ok too. Mages were not super op, but just a counter to warriors. Locks were not weak but a counter to any caster, but could be easily killed by melee. Rets were not viable, but holy was.(like it is today too) Dots and Hots were fully viable and not just dmg burst and heal burst, and this without any pvp power.

I had no problem with cata at all. I like diverse zones even if they are not on the same contintent. But how about different zones on a single contintent for a change?

I liked vash'jir very much for this alone i cannot possible downrate cata that also brougth a big revamp to the classic zones - and i level more than the above average ppl. There was good raiding too, just cause DS sucked, a bit especially in LFR mode does not mean that much. In normal mode it was far a better expierence and i bet in HC(that i could never raid bc of pvp) it was even better. The only problem i see here are artistical ones. The death animation of Deathwing kinda sucks(he just explode in tiny little stars wtf) and there was no big questzones around the last tier. So the whole DS part, got overshadowed by the much higher quality of the firelands questing hubs and raid. I bet they just did hurry up to mop and abaddon cata at that point. Also they canceled the underwater raid with neptulon, that i will never forget.

As for MoP - Hands down it got the best music so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    everyone put their nostalgia goggles on plz.

what a great expansion tho. it wasnt perfect by any means. but comon, i think most people would agree that this expansion had the best;

cinematic
    lore
    music
    most epic raid: ulduar
    favorite zone: grizzly hills
    Favorite Zone is still Ghostlands XD

Still liked TBC more overall.

Deleted
    yeah i kind of liked wrath, i liked the zones and the levelling experience was good(10 lvl feel better than only 5), music-wise it was great, and also i liked the implementation of the achievement system. Some achievements are unique and back these days were fun to solve. (Mine-Sweeper in Storm Peaks). After that, they tried to revamp many of them so thats what i remember most, lots of changes and things they added with the x-pac.

I could not stand WotLK. Least favorite expansion. I found the questing boring, the dungeons boring and the environments ugly/bland (Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord being the exception).

The only positives it had imo was the addition of Dungeon Finder and the expansion of the titan stuff (so Ulduar, Halls of Lightning) since those did look quite cool and I like the titan lore. For fun I had playing though this was by far the closest to the bottom. Cata while it had issues was still a lot more enjoyable to me then WotLK. The only wall I run into while leveling toons is the WotLK content since it is excruciating to make my way through it. I eventually make it through on most characters but it has stopped me from leveling plenty of toons before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been defending Wrath, by far my favorite.

I accept that its got a bit to do with personal taste, The Scourge was always the most interesting part of Warcraft to me.

Deleted
    If i could , i want to re play it Most awesome guild back then, awesome raids, awesome class balance, awesome awesome awesome!

Most epic mounts ever introduced, Mims head + Invic reins. Icc Drakes, Proto drakes and many more Music was insane, the lore was insane everything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

IF you do the quests in Storm Pike, you go to Ulduar because Thorin was kidnapped and you are trying to rescue him.
    I may be mistaken because i have done the quests so long away, but i think all the Keepers are referenced and you meet them in storm pike before they all get kidnapped, Also Razorscale is also thorin's or Hodirn's dragon before he was kidnapped has well.

Also you go to Ulduar because Yogg-Saron's Avatar tells you to go, You quest and help his Avatar too.

I don't really remember the lore because it was so long ago but at the time made scene.

Has for the dragons -.-'' It was lore made just for the sake of it, and didn't really feet the expansion team.