Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    The only one on the list that would be plausible imo is Sylvannas and MAYBE Danny Devito as a bat shit crazy goblin (dont think the movie will be on current warcraft, could be wrong though). Also Dwayne The Rock Johnson as another character, but definitely not Thrall.
    The Rock takes a movie break as it seems. He just won the WWE Championship title last Sunday. He has only one movie on this years schedule to be made. The WWE cannot afford for him to disappear all the time. Since he re-appeared like 2 years ago, creating a feud, just to be basically absent the whole time until last Wrestlemania. There he shown up, won his match, and gone he was again. Now he's back, and grabbed the title.. Means pretty much that he's to stick around for a while.
    But then, it doesn't mean he can't make movies down the road. Just not immediately. And as Thrall? What's that article writer smoking? lol

They should have just hired Robin Williams, he could voice act all the characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Was looking at this World of Warcraft movie hypothetical casting list and I really like the choices they made for Jaina Proudmoore and the Chris Hemsworth version of Arthas. I could definitely see those working. Johnny Depp would make a fine Kael'Thas, although there's probably many other roles he could bring credence to as well.

Sad that Michael Clarke Duncan passed; his imposing presence, demeanor, and booming voice would have worked well for a Saurfang-type orc.
    I doubt they will present heros as really young people. I don't know the age of Jaina, but I doubt she would come in the movie if she is young.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Live action Warcraft film is gonna be a train wreck. They should go full CGI, and stylistically hew close to the game cinemas, with really good voice casting. That would be a decent warcraft flick, but no way a live action warcraft is gonna actually look anything like warcraft and not seem stupid.
    I disagree again.

A CGI ages pretty badly these days. In doubt? Look at Beowulf today (or the awful Final Fantasy): these CGI things age over 6 months and no one touches them after that period.

Also the global revenue of a pure CGI film would be minimal.

Best thing to do is something like Avatar or Lord of the Rings where CGI is mixed up with real characters and CGI mainly being used on landscape/action/tweaking of the actor looks etc ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wasn't there something a while ago about it the movie being about Thrall and his early life being a slave/gladiator with Blackmoore and him breaking away to find Grom or something like that?

Or did I imagine this? >_>
    For all they said was that the movie seems to be for the time before Vanilla WoW started.
    No other specifics have been given at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The Rock takes a movie break as it seems. He just won the WWE Championship title last Sunday. He has only one movie on this years schedule to be made. The WWE cannot afford for him to disappear all the time. Since he re-appeared like 2 years ago, creating a feud, just to be basically absent the whole time until last Wrestlemania. There he shown up, won his match, and gone he was again. Now he's back, and grabbed the title.. Means pretty much that he's to stick around for a while.
    But then, it doesn't mean he can't make movies down the road. Just not immediately. And as Thrall? What's that article writer smoking? lol
    Ah thats right! >_< Still weird to see him back in the wrestling business. Although, if you think about it, a lot of wrestlers are built for warcraft characters o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the scope of the film will be?

Fairly tightly-plotted small-cast action-adventure with big story impact on the universe, or epic battles, massive political maneuvering, world-changing upheavals?

Personally I think they'd be much better served crafting a fairly intimate tale involving a small party comprised of a couple of the races, off on some kind of important adventure. Some selected landmark stop-offs along the journey. Make something a see-what's-on-this-weekend casual audience can get into as a jumping on point. Obviously the world building's done, but spend some time laying out the dot-points for non-fans.

However it turns out, I'm sure it'll be great.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Viggo Mortense as Varian Wrynn, Orlando Bloom as Lor'themar, John Rhys-Davies as Magni Bronzebeard. Woop!

Really though, I have a hard time picturing any actor potraying a warcraft character, and even if I love Depp's work I'm not sure what role he'd really fit as.
    Yeah I'm sorry but I can't see it myself being good unless it's a CG movie. Mostly because live actors wouldn't show warcrafts style. Blizzard are renowned for their amazing cut scenes I think they should build upon them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    Ah thats right! >_< Still weird to see him back in the wrestling business. Although, if you think about it, a lot of wrestlers are built for warcraft characters o.O
    hell yeah, and some are decent actors... Since most of that entertainment is based on acting anyway, and many of them are in movies or tv series... Edge plays in Haven for example.

Oh btw... it seems Varian's role is taken..
    http://www.warcraft-themovie.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Depp as Kel'thuzad, this would be pure GOLD

just think about it... i can think of so many of Kels lines which would be amazing in johnny depps voice (with the traditional undead echo/sighy-ness)
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-01-31 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Was looking at this World of Warcraft movie hypothetical casting list and I really like the choices they made for Jaina Proudmoore and the Chris Hemsworth version of Arthas. I could definitely see those working. Johnny Depp would make a fine Kael'Thas, although there's probably many other roles he could bring credence to as well.

Sad that Michael Clarke Duncan passed; his imposing presence, demeanor, and booming voice would have worked well for a Saurfang-type orc.
    That article had some pretty good choices. I wonder who Johnny Depp is going to be playing (assuming the rumor is accurate). Also: I wouldn't have been sold on HHH as Arthas if that picture wasn't included. It's a perfect comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Yeah I'm sorry but I can't see it myself being good unless it's a CG movie. Mostly because live actors wouldn't show warcrafts style. Blizzard are renowned for their amazing cut scenes I think they should build upon them.
    LOTR was even more so unthinkable. Yet today's technical abilities made it perfectly possible to have RL actors and CGI blend together at epic proportions.
    LOTR, Avatar set the bars for what's possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I disagree again.

A CGI ages pretty badly these days. In doubt? Look at Beowulf today (or the awful Final Fantasy): these CGI things age over 6 months and no one touches them after that period.

Also the global revenue of a pure CGI film would be minimal.

Best thing to do is something like Avatar or Lord of the Rings where CGI is mixed up with real characters and CGI mainly being used on landscape/action/tweaking of the actor looks etc ...
    alternatively look at advent children which is still (and always will be imo) awesome...

Yeah he would have been a great wow character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Depp as Kel'thuzad, this would be pure GOLD

just think about it... i can think of so many of Kels lines which would be amazing in johnny depps voice
    Kael's lines in TK , damn, that's like someone's written it for Depp. That arrogance and extravagance with a touch of craziness. Perfect.

Depp as illidan!

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha why not. He certainly has the character to do it. What i would love to see would be Robert Downey jr. as Garrosh (if he was in the movie) , he just has this massive EGO. (Garrosh arriving in Ogrimmar with AC/DC in the background ... haha <3)
    Druid since Feb. 06

I would only accept this if he was Captain Placeholder.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    liam neeson as Genn Greymane

or Jonathan Goldsmith (aka the most interesting man in the world)

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Actually today's movie sites confirm the scenario was finished in August last year
    So only three characters?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.