Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only problem with an Arthas story is that it doesn't involve the Horde as thoroughly as would, say, a retelling of the First or Second War.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

True, the same goes with Illidan. We can say that there are 3 "main", almost separatered, stories": Thrall, Arthas, Illidan. I hate orcs, they are not comlex creatures and lacking style (no badass look) also there is not much to be shown.

Hopefully scenario will leak or they will give us some hints regarding main plot of the movie.

Deleted
    He can be a night elf

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I think they (Blizzard) mentioned at some interview/blizzcon that it would take place before vanilla, and not include any/or very few characters that we know of. Just set in the warcraft world.
    Well they been mum on the details for a long time and scripts change until finalized so its up in the air.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Stressing again, it's not a WORLD OF Warcraft movie, but simply a WARCRAFT movie, happening when Varian and Garrosh were just babies, the first thing that came to my mind was that. Johnny Depp would be cast as Medvih. Or his father, Nielas Aran.
    It's not happening when Varian was a baby, Varian is pretty much the only character that has been officially cast and is being played by Mark Hildebrant, who is 40 this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely his contract fees would be better spent towards casting Cillian Murphy as Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Krob View Post
    it's going to be all characters, even females, played by Metzen
    Made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think Depp being in the film will get the film alot more attention. You need to have some famous actors in the movie, and Depp has a big following.
    it is not just the famous part, but the "cult" mark that needs to select the actors.

It is needed to counter the evident WOW haters that will crawl all over the place to give 1/10 comments on every website. Now with actors like Depp, Freeman etc... you'll counter them with ease.

I guess 3 or 4 cult actors playing the more important roles could give the movie lots of credit. Not so much if they hire some unknown.

A pity guys like Freeman and Nicholson are starting to get old. But I think Nicholson alone brought Batman back to the center of success.

So for the younger generation, Depp is perfectly fitted to represent the uncontested "cult" era of actors.

if sylvanas makes it into the movie i hope she's played by eva green.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Stressing again, it's not a WORLD OF Warcraft movie, but simply a WARCRAFT movie, happening when Varian and Garrosh were just babies, the first thing that came to my mind was that. Johnny Depp would be cast as Medvih. Or his father, Nielas Aran.
    Well to be fair you don't know that, they obviously wouldn't call it WORLD OF WARCRAFT MOVIE LULZ. Warcraft sounds way better as a title and it can take place any time, it might be a future story line or an alternative. The point is we don't know and we wont know until the script or actors list with rolls is confirmed.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I wonder if Chris Metzen will play some role (Not voice only, any actual role)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I wonder if Chris Metzen will play some role (Not voice only, any actual role)
    Can he act?

I mean, that's kind of the sole factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Viggo Mortense as Varian Wrynn, Orlando Bloom as Lor'themar, John Rhys-Davies as Magni Bronzebeard. Woop!

Really though, I have a hard time picturing any actor potraying a warcraft character, and even if I love Depp's work I'm not sure what role he'd really fit as.
    Where have i seen such trio before.....*inquisitive face* :P

Deleted
    rumors are rumors

/thread basically..

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can he act?

I mean, that's kind of the sole factor.
    Is there something this guy cant do ;D ?

I'd rather it be a Warcraft film than a Depp film - as much as I love the guy, amazing actor. But I want to see the characters I know, rather than the actors who play them, which is the problem I have in watching films with well known actors in them, nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    rumors are rumors

/thread basically..

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 04:23 PM ----------

Is there something this guy cant do ;D ?
    Well, he did coin the phrase "Thrall's Balls".

Guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Actually, if I were doing a movie, I would have the focus be on Thrall's origins and be an all CGI movie with the following voice cast

Thrall- Clancy Brown
    Blackmoore- Jonathan Frakes
    Drek'Thar- Tom Kane
    Taretha- Tara Strong
    Orgrim Doomhammer- Peter Cullen
    Grom Hellscream- Patrick Saitz

10+ Year Old Account
    God Please not Depp. He already ruined the good name of Barnabas Collins with that schlocky parody piece of tripe Dark Shadows. Being a woman of my word I said I'd never spend another 50 cents on anything he was in or Burton directs after that P.O.S. Besides even if that never happened, unless he was playing a goblin his own added eye rolls and humor would not work as a lead in a warcraft film.
    I'd much rather he just move along..

Should be CGI and then Medivh should be played by patrick stewart. Or patrick stewart should show up in some form or another. In fact the entire cast should be composed of patrick stewart in a one man show. With possible special guest star of patrick stewart.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the f
    i though that if warcraft movie was ever created it will be like a 2hr cinematic, not a real movie with real actors. how will u show the epicness of fantasy world of warcraft irl ???

son im dissapoint