Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    when I was about 13 I hit on the oh so clever idea of mixing coffee with porridge. I usually used hot chocolate, milk shake or angel delight for flavour but I thought why not use my favourite drink? really, really bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    I had this brilliant idea years ago: make an omelet, but with orange juice instead of water! My then-boyfriend made so much fun of me that even though it obviously was totally disgusting I couldn't let him be right so I was all like "NO IT'S DELICIOUS JUST WATCH I'LL EAT THE WHOLE THING"
    Water? Milk ? We make omelette using olive oil here o.O
    Anyways, worst thing I have eaten and will never TOUCH again is a recipe of baked fish with onions garlic and some more stuff called plaki. I love fish, I love onions but that thing was foul (probably has to do with the combination of 3 very strong odours). All of the ingredients were extremely fresh and the rest of the guests loved it so apparently was only me.
    EDIT: There you go *cringe*
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-02-01 at 10:33 AM.

This cheese I tried in France. Was a kind of camembert type cheese and I was literally running for the loo seconds after tasting it to throw it back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend dared me to eat a microwave burrito that he put in the oven and forgot about for 2 hours. It was dry and crunchy. I tried a dog biscuit because it smelled like oatmeal. It was disgusting. I cooked a pee omelette with a hairdryer. I didn't eat it.

Prunes made me want to throw up everywhere

When I was 13 I had surgery and had some bowel issues after, my grandma forced me to eat tones of them and it was absolutely revolting, ill never touch another in my life.

I cooked a pee omelette with a hairdryer. I didn't eat it.
    I would hope not!

Shark fin soup. That stuff was tasty but I didn't half feel guilty eating it. If I didn't, it would have been seen as a massive slight on a very prominent Professor who was treating us all to a 7 course Chinese meal in Japan. Never again though.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Wait, since when is water an ingredient in omelets? Are we thinking about the same food?
    I dont' use milk, but a tablespoon or two of water.

Anyways, the worst meal I have ever made was when I tried something new while doing a little BBQ for dinner. I had grilled chicken wings and thought I could make a delicious side dish by wrapping chopped mushroom, bell peppers, onioins, carrots, garlic and a little butter in tinfoil and putting them on the grill. The result was a putrid, overcooked, stinking, boiled mess which tasted so bad that after one bite I lost my appetite completely for hours.

Generally, I can eat almost anything that's regarded as normal food, but I fucking hate tomatoes and I'm not to keen on olives either.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2013-02-01 at 11:20 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    As a 7 year old my parents ordered "some food" in Spain... i tried it and it was pretty good. When i was halfway done they bluntly asked me "Do you know what you're eating ?" ... me "No, what ?" ... Mom "A bull's penis"... needless to say i was causing a bitchfit after that and didn't eat anymore.

Deleted
    Soft blue cheese with a jerky topping. Feels and tastes like you coated the inside of your mouth with rancid mould!

Also eaten sheeps gonads ('sweetbreads') they called it. Tasted fantastic before I know what it was, damned if I'll try them again...

Sweetbread = the pancreas gland and the thymus gland of veal cows and lambs. Definitely not the testicles.

The worst food I ever ate was something I don't even know what is was but is landed me in the hospital , for a week, with food poisoning, during finals my first year of college. I was so sick I started internally bleeding and had to have a blood transfusion. It was NOT fun.

The weird part was the few days prior to getting sick I had eaten ALL the same food as either my parents or fiance had and they never got sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was bored once and made something in my microwave that tasted like grass. I think it contained eggs, milk, sugar, salt, oranges, peanut butter Captain Crunch and some other things.

I love pepperoni sticks. Always had ever since my dad gave me one when I was like... six.

But one time... and I remember this with terrifying clarity... when I was, perhaps 12 or so, I ate a bad one. I don't mean one that tasted bad, not even one that had somehow, impossibly gone rotten (it's jerked meat! How does that even happen!?), but something unholy had happened to this pepperoni stick. It literally dissolved into a gray ash in my mouth, disintegrating into this horrifying, indescribable, disgusting taste. I could not have another pepperoni or beef stick for years, as that taste simply came straight back to me. I'm still wary sometimes.

I've had a lot of 'odd' cultural foods that I've enjoyed thoroughly (Haggis! Kangaroo! Escargot! And so on and so forth), but this was more about something straight up bad.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-02-01 at 02:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why am I inclined to type 'The stuff served as my school lunch for 12 years'...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    As a 7 year old my parents ordered "some food" in Spain... i tried it and it was pretty good. When i was halfway done they bluntly asked me "Do you know what you're eating ?" ... me "No, what ?" ... Mom "A bull's penis"... needless to say i was causing a bitchfit after that and didn't eat anymore.
    what a dick move :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    The worst food I ever ate was something I don't even know what is was but is landed me in the hospital , for a week, with food poisoning, during finals my first year of college. I was so sick I started internally bleeding and had to have a blood transfusion. It was NOT fun.

The weird part was the few days prior to getting sick I had eaten ALL the same food as either my parents or fiance had and they never got sick.
    Maybe one of them tried to get rid of you!

When I was about 12-13 I came up with the brilliant idea to bake a cake that contained everything I loved, including this

(best candy ever)

The result was some sort of half baked cake with lumps of melted candy and butter etc "floating" around in it. It was trash.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-02-01 at 03:13 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    I tried to make an Elvis toast. Slightly toasted Loaf, Nutella, fried banana, bacon and egg. Yuck!

Deleted
    I usually don't cook things I don't like and I'm quite good at basic cooking so I don't fail when I'm cooking something.
    OT: The most disgusting thing I've cooked and then ate was a package of insta noodels with shrimp flavour, not because of my short comings (I mean how hard can it be to boil some noodels) but rather because I don't like noodels with shrimp taste but no actual shrimps.

Oh wait when I was a little kid I made mud soup with accorn and leaves...
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-02-01 at 03:16 PM.