Poll: As a man, do you get put off any physical contact with another man?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, what I said still stands. Until you've woken up to a cross burning in your yard, you can't really understand intolerance or recognize it in others.

I recognize it quite well in fuzzbob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. But i would never wrestle do all that stuff... thats kinda weird to me. Not if your a wrestler though. Wrestling is hardcore!!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I don't know, maybe I just have a different view of intolerance from you guys since I've been the victim of hate crimes.
    you wanna know what intolerance is?

the inability to get over a guy not wanting other guys to hug him. lol at the hate crime shit. 20 years ago we called that stuff "bullying" and hate crime meant "dragged to death behind a pickup truck full of rednecks"

guess times change though right?

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you wanna know what intolerance is?

the inability to get over a guy not wanting other guys to hug him. lol at the hate crime shit. 20 years ago we called that stuff "bullying" and hate crime meant "dragged to death behind a pickup truck full of rednecks"

guess times change though right?
    I live in the south. We used to live in a town where there was a very large concentration of KKK members. They burned a cross in our yard and shot my dad's truck.

Yeah, boy, that sure is bullying, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of you are simply pretending to be tolerant of everything, BECAUSE it's not normal, while ironically being intolerant of my decision to not hug other guys as a greeting
    Nothing wrong with you not liking it, but your reasoning behind it simply makes no sense.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Afraid is the wrong word, but I certainly dislike it.

But to be fair, I prefer nobody, man or woman, to touch me unless it is a girl I have romantic interest in.

I just dislike body contact in general. Obviously girlfriends get a bye, and so do cute animals.

Either way though, fighting is very different than touching, and wrestling easily qualifies as a kind of fighting I would say, so no problem there.

Well, what I said still stands. Until you've woken up to a cross burning in your yard, you can't really understand intolerance or recognize it in others.

I recognize it quite well in fuzzbob.
    wish a burning cross in my yard was the extent of my troubles. how about hearing from the doctor that your kid has a disease that she'll never live a normal life with? burning cross isn't so bad, turn on the hose and problem solved.

i think you want to feel sorry for yourself

Deleted
    Personally I have no problems with hugging guys, but everyone is different. Although I guess I'm not an average, normal, straight guy because I don't really conform with fizzbob's check list. I guess I can struggle through that.

About the wrestling though I guess one of the reasons I feel it's a little weird is when moves like below aren't considered weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Nothing wrong with you not liking it, but your reasoning behind it simply makes no sense.
    makes as much sense as what you like to drink

you'll get over it

Not sure how anyone can come up with Man-touch-man=100% gay. Personally I don't see an issue.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    what does "in touch with your sexuality" mean? do you know that shit started out in a women's magazine? you didn't hear that shit on ESPN. you didn't hear it on anything guy-centric. straight men don't discuss other men's sexuality in passive conversation.

i'm not angry, you huggers are getting pretty pissed that i don't want to pretend i like hugging people

the whole time you're PRETENDING to be this metrosexual-cool-with-everything guy
    this shit isn't a new phenomena. guys have pretended to not be "average guys" for a long time. it's a phase. or they're gay. average, normal, straight guys aren't touchy feely, arne't "in touch with their sexuality" and don't wanna be around other guys who talk about the shit all the time.

next time you're reading cosmo on the shitter, find the article in there about how women want real men when it comes down to it and that's why they cheat on their metrosexual, sensitive husband with his football-loving, asshole brother
    Not really pretending to be anything by myself. I admit right off the bat that I'm not average or normal. As I carry 3 educations/Diplomas and stand at 2 meters tall, which breaks the average line quite. And ESPN isn't really a man source either, sorry to say, it's just another channel catering to a needing customer. Not angry with you disliking hugging, but it makes me chuckle that you don't see huggers as ideal men. We weren't talking about talking about the sexuality, we were talking about plain human/social contact. There's nothing "touchy", "Feely" or "Girly" with a hug.

And don't think that a woman only leaves for such reason to cheat. They may also do with a view on reactions like yours towards certain subjects of talk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I live in the south. We used to live in a town where there was a very large concentration of KKK members. They burned a cross in our yard and shot my dad's truck.

Yeah, boy, that sure is bullying, huh?
    what town was that and what year was this

wish a burning cross in my yard was the extent of my troubles. how about hearing from the doctor that your kid has a disease that she'll never live a normal life with? burning cross isn't so bad, turn on the hose and problem solved.

i think you want to feel sorry for yourself
    Wow, are you really so self-absorbed that you'd turn your daughter's ailment into your own sob story? Assuming you even have a daughter, maybe instead of sitting on the internet arguing about whether hugging another man makes you gay with a bunch of strangers and trying to assert your own macho-douchebag cocksure swagger, you should be comforting your daughter and making sure that she feels as normal and happy as possible. I'm sure that you wouldn't, though, since that would probably make you feel like a pussy and you'd be worried about someone thinking you're a queer for loving your daughter.

I'm pretty touchy-feely regardless of the person, as long as I'm close to you (or you're a friend of a friend, confirmed non-serial killer). I'm also known for giving great hugs, so that should sum it all up haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really pretending to be anything by myself. I admit right off the bat that I'm not average or normal. As I carry 3 educations/Diplomas and stand at 2 meters tall, which breaks the average line quite. And ESPN isn't really a man source either, sorry to say, it's just another channel catering to a needing customer. Not angry with you disliking hugging, but it makes me chuckle that you don't see huggers as ideal men. We weren't talking about talking about the sexuality, we were talking about plain human/social contact. There's nothing "touchy", "Feely" or "Girly" with a hug.

And don't think that a woman only leaves for such reason to cheat. They may also do with a view on reactions like yours towards certain subjects of talk.
    awesome, you took bits and pieces, eat it and shit it out and responded to that instead of what was actually said. way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Well I don't dislike gays, (except for the ones that want everyone near them to know that they are gay every minute)
    So are you saying you are homophobic and dislike gays unless they conform to some "straight American norm"?

Wow, are you really so self-absorbed that you'd turn your daughter's ailment into your own sob story? Assuming you even have a daughter, maybe instead of sitting on the internet arguing about whether hugging another man makes you gay with a bunch of strangers and trying to assert your own macho-douchebag cocksure swagger, you should be comforting your daughter and making sure that she feels as normal and happy as possible. I'm sure that you wouldn't, though, since that would probably make you feel like a pussy and you'd be worried about someone thinking you're a queer for loving your daughter.
    once again, what town is this strong kkk presence in and when was this. i'm about to rip your bullshit hate crime story to shreds

EDIT: since you're going to avoid this, the "3rd KKK" is the current KKK, formed in the 40s, PEAKED at 5000 members

the BIRTHPLACE OF THE KKK hasn't had more than 15 members living there in the past 50 years. unless you're in your 60s, your hate crime story is total bullshit. KKK was a nuisance in the 20s, was a joke by 1950 though, had a few parades, didn't go around harming anyone, basically like any other organization, just more controversial. most of the violence involving the KKK has been AGAINST them since the 40s too. there have been more KKK members killed by blacks in one riot a few years ago than blacks killed by KKK members

so like i said, i believe this story is bullshit, i believe your "comfort with your sexuality" is bullshit and you're going through a phase
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2013-02-01 at 02:50 AM.

if its someone i know it doesnt bother me......if it was just some random dude on the street it would weird me out though

once again, what town is this strong kkk presence in and when was this. i'm about to rip your bullshit hate crime story to shreds
    So, you're just going to completely disregard what I said and let your daughter cry and whine while her father argues about homosexuality on the internet? You're a stand up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    So are you saying you are homophobic and dislike gays unless they conform to some "straight American norm"?
    Everyone wants everyone to conform to their perceived norms; it's where the term 'normative' comes from. Not sure what point you were trying to make here.