Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    and still your kind passed something called the "affordable health care act".

Are you admitting it won't be?
    My kind?

10 char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExLancer View Post
    Wait I don't think I'm understanding this. In 2016 a family of four is going to pay $20,000 on average for Health Insurance. I make $12 an hour right now, working 28 hours a week while being a student. That's more than my entire yearly income, how are most families supposed to pay for this? That's like me working just to get Health Insurance, that we rarely use. Fuck you U.S.A.
    Are you also support a family of 5, while working 28 hours a week, making 12 dollars and hour and going to school?

No?

Then the 20,000 isn't the figure you want to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing the Fed is supposed to do is protect my liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah sorry, if you want to play No True Dependent I'm not going to do it for you.
    That's exactly the opposite of what I just said. So you are going to go ahead and just proceed with another fabricated dispute? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    They'll eventually push the costs onto the government - i.e. onto the rich and/or add it to the debt.
    And yet the US pays more per person with its system than the single payer nations
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    The only thing the Fed is supposed to do is protect my liberties.
    That's a nice bit of rhetoric but its not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    It most certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    Are you also support a family of 5, while working 28 hours a week, making 12 dollars and hour and going to school?

No?

Then the 20,000 isn't the figure you want to look at.

Well of course I'm not, but it still seems to be more than a lot of families can handle.

15+ Year Old Account
    It most certainly is.
    Why is it true?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, your kind.

Don't pretend that your confused. You seem much smarter then that.

Wait I don't think I'm understanding this. In 2016 a family of four is going to pay $20,000 on average for Health Insurance. I make $12 an hour right now, working 28 hours a week while being a student. That's more than my entire yearly income, how are most families supposed to pay for this? That's like me working just to get Health Insurance, that we rarely use. Fuck you U.S.A.
    You clearly aren't understanding this. The 20,000 figure is a number pulled out of an ass for an example to show how the calculations work.

That's exactly the opposite of what I just said. So you are going to go ahead and just proceed with another fabricated dispute? lol
    Listen, I get it. You can't say a single payer system is more expensive because it isn't.

You can't say it performs more poorly because it doesn't.

So instead you rail about this crap with dependents and every other thing you think might stick to the wall, but it doesn't change the fact that a single payer system performs better than what we have now.

the number in that article is so taken out of context its disgusting. and all you people asking questions about how much you will have to pay, why don't you stop getting your fucking news from a gaming website and actually research it yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well of course I'm not, but it still seems to be more than a lot of families can handle.
    Doesn't matter, the government will subsidize families that can't afford it, like they already do.

It most certainly is.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_Clause

Yes, your kind.
    White people? Males in their 20's? Graphic designers? People over 6 feet tall?
    You clearly aren't understanding this. The 20,000 figure is a number pulled out of an ass for an example to show how the calculations work.
    I swear sometimes I have no faith in humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Participation in the industry that the private insurance system provides for is certainly not voluntary, unless you're okay with sitting at home while your appendix explodes.
    Just because the alternative is undesirable doesn't make it any less voluntary. The concept behind insurance is indeed voluntary: you choose what, if any, policy best suits you, and the insurance decides whether or not to cover you. You agree upon a price in some fashion.

Of course we live in a world where companies standardizing prices and strictly financial arrangements, like insurance which does NOT provide healthcare, are stupidly interpretted as corporations forcing circumstances upon us.

Just because the alternative is undesirable doesn't make it any less voluntary.
    "use health care or die" isn't a choice. If you really think it is then clearly if I hold a gun to your head and politely ask for your wallet I'm not doing anything wrong since you made a voluntary choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    I'm just glad that I live in a country where this basic human right is practically free.
    It's not free, you just pay for it through higher taxes among other things.

Your VAT tax is almost 3 times as high as our sales tax and your total tax burden is higher than ours. This means higher prices for everyone where you live vs here. So yes, you do pay and it's not practically free, you just are paying it forward while going about your life through taxes, instead of getting a bill and having to pay it to an insurance company/medical facility.

It's true that overall you pay less per person than an American for healthcare, but you pay a lot more than "practically free."

One nice thing about the US system, it makes for good tv:

http://i.imgur.com/l7ml3Ws.jpg
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.