Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Welll. one can sure call it a remake.. As well as Django is possible to be called that.
    The least, it's a spin off. I haven't watched both those movies yet. On both I'm a bit disturbed about the lead acting role.
    Dredd = Sly Stallone
    Django = Franco Nero
    Wrong, on...many counts. It's not a spin off(a spin off is a movie or series taking a secondary character from one series, then giving them their own series, ie taking Frasier, a character from Cheers, and making them the centerpiece of their own show), it's a different take on an ALREADY EXISTING source material. Judge Dredd is a comic character. A remake takes a basic story, then updates it. They may have a different cast, a different setting, but the story is basically the same. The story of Dredd(who is played by Karl Urban) is NOT the same as the story of Judge Dredd(played by Stallone).

Deleted
    66 isn't that old.. my physics teacher was 76 and when I found out, I just wouldn't believe it. He looked 50.. maybe 55. And on the other hand, in elementary school, my teacher was 35.. but I thought she was ancient and at least 70. She wore old people clothes and had that granny haircut too so I guess those added at least 10-20 years:P

Deleted
    workout, personal trainer, hair dye, make up, cosmetical surgery etc etc.

Deleted
    What a fucking freak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Wrong, on...many counts. It's not a spin off(a spin off is a movie or series taking a secondary character from one series, then giving them their own series, ie taking Frasier, a character from Cheers, and making them the centerpiece of their own show), it's a different take on an ALREADY EXISTING source material. Judge Dredd is a comic character. A remake takes a basic story, then updates it. They may have a different cast, a different setting, but the story is basically the same. The story of Dredd(who is played by Karl Urban) is NOT the same as the story of Judge Dredd(played by Stallone).
    There's no need to argue about that... It's not the source that matters. It's what an actor who played a role does with it. The stamp the actor puts on a role..
    Most classic example is Django.. Franco Nero IS Django. Despite of there are only 2 Django movies with him in the leading role. The original first Django from 1965 or 66 I believe it was, and the second from the 80s. Both have been from Sergio Corbucci who directed and written both, but directed only the first.
    The next example. James Bond.... Sean Connery is widely considered as THE James Bond. Despite others played him well too..
    Pink Panther... others played the clumsy inspector, yet still Peter Sellers will always be seen as THE one.
    Some characters are just pinned onto a particular actor. Picture anyone else than Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone

"Class...dismissed."

The real shocker is that Sigourney Weaver is 67 and I would still get in that even if it's dried up like a mummy's tomb.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigourney_Weaver

She 63; I know that's not a huge difference, but she's further from 70 than you think.

Deleted
    well steroids i guess? =)

10+ Year Old Account
    its funny how he didnt have anywhere near that body for the original rocky or rambo movies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    its funny how he didnt have anywhere near that body for the original rocky or rambo movies
    Yeah, it's funny how a guy who didn't have a lot of money or fame, writes two screenplays and stars in those movies, then goes on to write and star in a few sequels, earns a fortune, and then goes on to have both the money and free time to get into killer shape.

I mean, it has to be steroids, and not the fact that he could literally afford to spend the rest of his life in a gym, and not have to subsequently live in his van.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how a guy who didn't have a lot of money or fame, writes two screenplays and stars in those movies, then goes on to write and star in a few sequels, earns a fortune, and then goes on to have both the money and free time to get into killer shape.

I mean, it has to be steroids, and not the fact that he could literally afford to spend the rest of his life in a gym, and not have to subsequently live in his van.

not saying its steroids but its steroids. he looks like an absolute brick shithouse now, ivan drago dont got shit on him now lol

Looking like that (with our without using steroids etc...) takes work, and doesn't happen magically. I'm sure he has a strict routine of working out, and what we can and can't eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I always laugh when people assume drugs as well. I mean, look at Thomas Hardy, bulked up for Bronson, then lost the weight, then bulked up for Bane, then slimmed down for Warrior, and his genotype is kinda normal. He doesn't have any natural muscular advantage whatsoever. Same with Christian Bale. Sometimes people just don't want to assume that its purely hard work, and the fact they have the time available to do it/hire a trainer/dietician. Also, a lot of the films they star in are cmpletely dependant upon them having that physique.
    I mean, look at Bobby De Niro. For Raging Bull, he bulked up and became so good at Boxing, he had some semi-pro fights, and was told he could actually have gone pro had he followed it. Then he larded out for the end of the film. Then look at his physique again for Cape Fear. Of course, it can *never* just be hard work, but *always* has to be some illegal supplement.

*sigh*
    That's just it.

Normal schleps like us, if we spent 8-10 hours a day in the gym, for 5-8 months straight, we'd be out of a job, and probably not doing very well. But for actors like this, this IS their job. It's part of why they are paid millions of dollars for their work on these -- and why they can afford to hire trainers, get the best equipment, and hire personal dietitians to help them maximize their potential.

Steroids are for people like us, who want the same, but have to take a short cut, because doing it "the right way" is simply not feasible while working a normal 40 hour a week job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    For the record here, this is 90% working out 10% anabolic steroids or growth hormones. It's not magic, it still requires a fuck ton of work and dedication to make it all happen.... being rich has A LOT to do with it, A LOT.
    Fixed that up for you, being rich means you can afford the highest quality food, and you can afford trainers and the time to train.

Not easy to do when your tied to a job 10 hours a day in a chair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of money.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    Same way a 45year old looks like this:

Don't forget Jason Statham had a head start.. he used to be a diver before he got into movies so he was already very well defined etc. Not that i'm putting down how hard he works.. he's got a great body. I think his is a more natural fitness body than some of the other actors who bulk up just for movies. Jason is probably like that 365 days a year where as I think some actors get "fat" in between movies and then have to work really hard for the role, where as Jason just turns up.

I've never liked Sly's body. Even when he was younger. Just too veiny for me. Looks like he's about to burst something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    It is easily accessible and it is dangerous, here are some of the side effects if you don't know exactly what a you are doing:
    Acromegaly
    Premature death in case of acromegaly
    Heart enlargement due to prolonged use of HGH, which can't be reversed
    Low blood sugar with the risk of going into a diabetic coma
    Elevated cholesterol levels
    Excessive hair growth all over the body
    Excessive water retention in the body, leading to edema
    Itching of the skin and numbness
    Thyroid damage
    Liver damage
    Muscle and joint pain
    Increased hunger
    Abnormal fat distribution
    Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in males)
    Extended belly
    Carpal tunnel syndrome
    Swelling and hardening of arteries
    Prolonged exposure to HGH can increase the risk of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
    HGH injections can lead to increased risk of cancer.
    Injection site reactions are a common side effect of HGH injections.

You're welcome.
    Side effects make everything look dangerous as fuck lol. Read the side effects of aspirin lately? Theres side effects on everything.

And btw, Morgan Freeman is 76, 76 man!

[QUOTE=TradewindNQ;20077173]...and HGH/testosterone.

^^Exactly what this guy said. It's a great combination for well-being.

10+ Year Old Account
    chuck norris is 72

that is all

hgh
    whole food nutrition only
    cardio
    weight training and athletic conditioning
    testosterone injections low dosage