10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    There are like 900 other hooks in the song too though BHD! I'm not a huge fan of the lalala happiness parts, but the rest is great~
    But they get overshadowed by the annoying "happiness" part :/ Blue-haired girl had some good lines iirc, but the rest was pretty meh. They at least seem promising for future releases..
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about Red Velvet? LALALLALA HAVE PENIS! worst hook 2014 D:
    Thank god I'm not the only one who hears that. Though, I kinda hear it more as "Ha! PENIS!"
    In all seriousness, I don't even think Red Velvet likes that hook. When they were performing it live on radio, it seriously looked like Irene was having a hard time not laughing at it. Then again, that might be because she's the unfortunate soul who has to shout about penises.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Wow! Squashed face is the best, that's why koreans are so handsome
    Pugs agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about Red Velvet? LALALLALA HAVE PENIS! worst hook 2014 D:
    No, I don't like them. Anakso asked me if I watched the video and I was just like...yeah...didn't care enough to watch the whole thing, uninteresting. Didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Pugs agree with you.
    My dog is a pug. LOL. It's adorable on a dog, I'm not sure about a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, the first items Jessica's Blanc will be releasing is sunglasses? Wooo \o/

But the site launch and pre-orders go live right during KCON.. Whyyy
    Last edited by BHD; 2014-08-08 at 01:48 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    The LoL session is part of Kcon too right?

What are the panels going to be like, LoL panels or Kpop panels?
    Yeah, it's part of KCON this year they included anything gaming related. Although I had to pay for a ticket for the LoL session, on top of the KCON ticket itself. The LoL thing isn't really a panel, it's more like meet and greet. CJ Frost and Cloud9 are going to be there so I assume they're going to play some friendly games against each other and with some fans.

Most of the panels are pretty much related to Korean culture ranging from food, fashion, music, etc., and there's an all day thing where they'll be doing RM like games, so will probably check that out for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea the happiness part isn't the main focus, the entire rest of the song is amazing and personally I don't mind the happiness part either but it's not what makes me love the song definitely.

Maybe she'll say something about it at Kconn then BHD since she'll be there

Sounds fun Obake!

Also as for the white women sexualized thing, in some MVs that contain white women being sexualized there are also Korean women being sexualized like in Garys MV.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the best bit of Happiness in my opinion are the "That money, that power" lines and the bits following it. Love it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Thank god I'm not the only one who hears that. Though, I kinda hear it more as "Ha! PENIS!"
    In all seriousness, I don't even think Red Velvet likes that hook. When they were performing it live on radio, it seriously looked like Irene was having a hard time not laughing at it. Then again, that might be because she's the unfortunate soul who has to shout about penises.
    Ha, just watched that. Quite funny.
    Wendy says the happiness line too near the end and looks like she is struggling not to laugh as well.
    Joy and Irene also laugh at the "you're such a good daughter line" hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Yeah, it's part of KCON this year they included anything gaming related. Although I had to pay for a ticket for the LoL session, on top of the KCON ticket itself. The LoL thing isn't really a panel, it's more like meet and greet. CJ Frost and Cloud9 are going to be there so I assume they're going to play some friendly games against each other and with some fans.

Most of the panels are pretty much related to Korean culture ranging from food, fashion, music, etc., and there's an all day thing where they'll be doing RM like games, so will probably check that out for a while.
    Aw you have to buy another ticket for that? A friend wanted me to get signatures from league pros, but I'm not going to pay for that stuff since I'm not into the game myself.

I'll be around the fashion stuff, unless the RM games look really fun, then I'll join up!

I'm getting a bit confused about the layout of this convention though. Are all panels at the sports arena, together with the performances? Or are they outside of it or something? When I looked at the google map on their site there was an arrow at both the memorial coliseum and the sports arena, but at the top it says that KCON will be at the sports arena. So last minute, but if the maps made any sense to you please tell me ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I had no idea they had been in so many MVs.

I knew the two Henry songs because BHD mentioned one and I didn't watch Fantastic for the first time until after RV debuted and then I was just like hey it's Seulgi.
    But in addition to those two, Irene was also in Why So Serious and Irene and Seulgi were in some song called I have to forget you by some group I don't know.

It looks like they may not be in any variety shows for a while though with SMTown coming up soon :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap, I should totally see if I can buy something giraffe-y and head over to the RM games :O Kwangsoo and I are the exact same height!

- - - Updated - - -

I knew the two Henry songs because BHD mentioned one and I didn't watch Fantastic for the first time until after RV debuted and then I was just like hey it's Seulgi.
    But in addition to those two, Irene was also in Why So Serious and Irene and Seulgi were in some song called I have to forget you by some group I don't know.
    Damn it, I was so hoping it would turn out to be Jonghyun dressing up as a girl in Why So Serious, since you never see her face and the reason he was gone was because he had to fix his nose from a car accident.

Or Siwon for epic lols, Suju loves to dress up x)
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Also what is wrong with Exo.
    Early SNSD were in Suju MVs and vice versa, f(x) members were in SHINee MVs pre debut, but RV are still being in MVs of SHINee and SJ members, they just skipped right over Exo.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it, I was so hoping it would turn out to be Jonghyun dressing up as a girl in Why So Serious, since you never see her face and the reason he was gone was because he had to fix his nose from a car accident.

Or Siwon for epic lols, Suju loves to dress up x)
    That would have been hilarious but she looks a bit too slender and girly for that even though you never see her face xD
    And I think Jonghyun was still in the hospital at the time of the filming.

- - - Updated - - -

Also judging by MV appearances anyway, looks like Irene and Seulgi are the main visuals of the group

10+ Year Old Account
    Also what is wrong with Exo.
    Early SNSD were in Suju MVs and vice versa, f(x) members were in SHINee MVs pre debut, but RV are still being in MVs of SHINee and SJ members, they just skipped right over Exo.
    TTS - Twinkle has Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun. Genie JPN Ver. has Chanyeol as well!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew the TTS one but didn't know the Genie one.
    But my examples were Girl groups being in their senior boy groups MVs!
    Suju debut, then SNSD so SNSD is in MVs with Suju. SHINee debuted then f(x) so f(x) are in MVs with SHINee and Exo debuted and then Red Velvet so RV are in MVs with...SHINee and Suju member Henry.
    I could get those AND exo but why no exo MV appearance? Exo was difference enough given the girl group that followed wasn't anything like them but then they just skip them totally in the MV appearance thing xD
    Irene could totally have been the girl in the growl drama MV or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the next EXO MV will have some Red Velvet appearances! Who's the girl who was in that drama version of the XOXO album?

But yeah EXO have too awesome choreographies going on, they don't need no girls to take their screen time
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, something other than Choreo going on in Exos MVs would make them actually good!

And I've no idea who the girl was in the drama vers, I assumed some actress.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh lol that group I'd never heard of was just an SM rookies group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkZ9je4xSIY

Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Seulgi does seem to be the most popular though, the more I read around the more Seulgi fans I find. I guess that is because she's had the most exposure so far.
    Second most popular is Irene then Joy and Wendy seem about even.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Who's your favorite korean idol?"
    "Irene."

I just can't
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, same problem I have.
    That name...

It's funny though, her birth name is Joohyun, same as Seohyun.

Looks like I changed my mind and preordered the SNSD photobook.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aw you have to buy another ticket for that? A friend wanted me to get signatures from league pros, but I'm not going to pay for that stuff since I'm not into the game myself.

I'll be around the fashion stuff, unless the RM games look really fun, then I'll join up!

I'm getting a bit confused about the layout of this convention though. Are all panels at the sports arena, together with the performances? Or are they outside of it or something? When I looked at the google map on their site there was an arrow at both the memorial coliseum and the sports arena, but at the top it says that KCON will be at the sports arena. So last minute, but if the maps made any sense to you please tell me ^^
    I don't like playing LoL, but I really like watching it so that's the only reason I'm going.

So it can be kind of confusing, but memorial coliseum and sports arena are two different venues. Memorial coliseum is the bigger one with a capacity of somewhere close to like 100k people, so basically like a football stadium. KCON is at the sports arena, which is the smaller one with capacity of like 17k or something...basketball arena size.

The map for KCON is basically the sports arena where the concert is held, the panels and other convention activities are outside of the sports arena, and then there's a marketplace outside of the convention where anyone can go even without a ticket. Only going inside the convention/concert requires you to get a ticket.

Are you going to check in at 8am on Saturday or line up before then? I'm told it's pretty much FCFS when they give you a wristband (determines where your standing spot is) at the time of registration. Of course this is only relevant to P1 and P2 standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Are you going to check in at 8am on Saturday or line up before then? I'm told it's pretty much FCFS when they give you a wristband (determines where your standing spot is) at the time of registration. Of course this is only relevant to P1 and P2 standing.
    I got the P2 tickets but it has a seat assigned, so I suppose I don't have to line up.

Alright, so there's an area outside of the arena for the panels, but it's restricted to the people with KCON tickets. That really clears things up, thank you. At first I thought the panels were inside the arena too but I couldn't really see how ^^

Gotta go get ready for the flight out to L.A.!
    Last edited by BHD; 2014-08-08 at 12:17 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Sistar song found it's way out of my head, now this one is stuck there for some reason.

Why does this keep happening to me? I haven't played music in two days.