The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    It's like they're stuck over there. No Europe or America mentioned.

Which reminds me of 2NE1 saying that they're going on a world tour. Of Asia.
    I think World Tour to SM means Asia tour. Aside from the SM Town world tour, I have almost no hope any group would ever host a solo concert outside of Asia because it's just not in SM's interest to break into the overseas market.

I guess it's just the natural way their catchphrase evolved. Like, it went from "Love and Girls", to "Peace and Girls" to "Love and Peace".
    Girls & Peace.
    Maybe I should go into marketing then

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Only time I hear Gaga is when she's on the radio. Though Applause isn't on as much anymore. Wonder why actually, since Wrecking Ball is still high in the charts.
    She's moved onto her second single, Do What U Want, so they're playing that instead.
    Wrecking Ball is still current for Miley. She's announced her third single, though, so they should beginning to transition to Adore You soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    I think World Tour to SM means Asia tour. Aside from the SM Town world tour, I have almost no hope any group would ever host a solo concert outside of Asia because it's just not in SM's interest to break into the overseas market.
    2NE1 isn't SM, though. And they collaborated with Will.I.Am, although quite unsuccesfully. I just tend to see them as more international that most groups.

2NE1 isn't SM, though. And they collaborated with Will.I.Am, although quite unsuccesfully. I just tend to see them as more international that most groups.
    will.i.am collaborates with anything that moves tho.
    He gets his filthy paws on stuff and.. makes it sub-par. Not looking forward to Britney's new album since he's like.. lead producer for every track. 3:

Oh, also, heard Bangerz? Not a bad album. Second half was by far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    She's moved onto her second single, Do What U Want, so they're playing that instead.
    Wrecking Ball is still current for Miley. She's announced her third single, though, so they should beginning to transition to Adore You soon.
    Oh, ok. But that means I have to figure out how her new songs sounds.. Took me 2 weeks before I realized that particular song was Applause. Not to mention all those other songs of which I don't even know the name and now probably never will :/

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Oh, ok. But that means I have to figure out how her new songs sounds.. Took me 2 weeks before I realized that particular song was Applause. Not to mention all those other songs of which I don't even know the name and now probably never will :/
    Do What U Want.
    It's the one where she sounds a bit like Christina Aguilera and it has R. Kelly in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Except Kai's voice
    Not sure which one was him.

Deleted
    will.i.am collaborates with anything that moves tho.
    He gets his filthy paws on stuff and.. makes it sub-par. Not looking forward to Britney's new album since he's like.. lead producer for every track. 3:

Oh, also, heard Bangerz? Not a bad album. Second half was by far superior.
    I heard DailyGrace's runthrough of it. It was -okay-, but not good enough for me to consider myself a fan of her just yet.
    -
    Also, "Work Bitch" has litterally become a running joke in my study group. It's so atrociously bad, but so catchy at the same time...

- - - Updated - - -

He's the pretty Asian one.
    I kid, I kid.

Also, "Work Bitch" has litterally become a running joke in my study group. It's so atrociously bad, but so catchy at the same time...
    Just like "Scream & Shout" and everything off of #willpower, it's catchy as fuck but awful at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

He's the pretty Asian one.
    I kid, I kid.
    I meant his singing! Idk his voice.
    I know which one is Kai visually, 'cause of Mig's fangirling.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2013-11-22 at 01:14 AM.

Do What U Want.
    It's the one where she sounds a bit like Christina Aguilera and it has R. Kelly in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ye, R Kelly, Christina Aguilera.. that helps
    Don't think it's on the radio here yet though, we're usually behind by a few weeks.

Nobody is, don't worry.

Anyway, bedtime.

I'm sleepy. I'll be back though, you Koreaboos ain't so bad if you look past the music.
    Hah.
    Nighty night. :3

Deleted
    I'm sleepy. I'll be back though, you Koreaboos ain't so bad if you look past the music.
    Hah.
    Nighty night. :3
    I feel violated. You only want me for my personality. D:

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just mentioned SM since they would probably be the most likely to let someone under their label dip into the overseas market, since I think they're the ones with the deepest pockets and can afford flops. They've done it before with BoA when she was at her prime.

I feel violated. You only want me for my personality. D:
    You can't have my heart and you won't use my mind but do what you want with my body.

Yep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread's dead for ages and when I go to bed it fucking explodes ._. Going to bed again but first:

Mig, eww-ing at Siwon/Eunhyuk abs? You disappoint me. Side note: If James Bond was asian, he'd be Siwon.

@obake
    At least Suju came to the UK/south america, so for them World Tours kinda are "World" tours. But yeah, SM seems like one of the more probable companies to try and push into the western market, especially with people like Tiffany in the more popular groups. Although CL/GD seems to have their fair share of connections in the US, oh and Psy ofc.

I sincerely hope whenever a kpop group tries to go western it won't sound like The Boys english version.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Thread's dead for ages and when I go to bed it fucking explodes ._. Going to bed again but first:

Mig, eww-ing at Siwon/Eunhyuk abs? You disappoint me. Side note: If James Bond was asian, he'd be Siwon.

@obake
    At least Suju came to the UK/south america, so for them World Tours kinda are "World" tours. But yeah, SM seems like one of the more probable companies to try and push into the western market, especially with people like Tiffany in the more popular groups. Although CL/GD seems to have their fair share of connections in the US, oh and Psy ofc.

I sincerely hope whenever a kpop group tries to go western it won't sound like The Boys english version.
    I highly doubt that a k-pop group can make it in the west while singing in Korean. It worked for Psy because of his cheese factor. Like, the song didn't get popular because it was an artistic stroke of genious, but because it was fun, and stupid.
    It'll be really hard for most of SMs groups to make it for this exact reason, since they aren't exactly known for their amazing English. I guess a sub-unit utilizing talents capable of singing in English without a heavy accent would be the best for them to go about it.

Who ew's at abs, no matter what male they're on? Let's be sane now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt that a k-pop group can make it in the west while singing in Korean. It worked for Psy because of his cheese factor. Like, the song didn't get popular because it was an artistic stroke of genious, but because it was fun, and stupid.
    It'll be really hard for most of SMs groups to make it for this exact reason, since they aren't exactly known for their amazing English. I guess a sub-unit utilizing talents capable of singing in English without a heavy accent would be the best for them to go about it.
    True, it would be incredibly hard for a group singing in Korean to make it in the US, but that's not exactly what I meant with The Boys sucking in English. The song was just plain awful in English, I think they'd have better luck with something like flower power.

An SM subunit with the best english speakers sounds like a pretty great idea.

Who ew's at abs, no matter what male they're on? Let's be sane now.
    I know right. Mig be mad.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it's because the boys was an English version of a song originally in Korean, a lot of the lyrics wouldn't have made sense in English so they re- wrote then and just tried to make them fit and it ended up stupid. A proper English release would need a song originally written in English or at least written in Korean with making it English in mind, like a lot if Ranias songs are good in English too. Especially just go.

Guess She'z isn't "dead" after all. Came out like 3 months ago? Decent ballad song imo.