Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The 2019 Formula 1 Championship Discussion

Round, Grand Prix, Circuit, Date
    • 01 Australian Grand Prix, Australia Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne, 17 March
    • 02 Bahrain Grand Prix, Bahrain Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, 31 March
    • 03 Chinese Grand Prix, China Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai, 14 April
    • 04 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, Azerbaijan Baku City Circuit, Baku, 28 April
    • 05 Spanish Grand Prix, Spain Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Barcelona, 12 May
    • 06 Monaco Grand Prix, Monaco Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo, 26 May
    • 07 Canadian Grand Prix, Canada Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, 9 June
    • 08 French Grand Prix, France,Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, 23 June
    • 09 Austrian Grand Prix, Austria Red Bull Ring, Spielberg, 30 June
    • 10 British Grand Prix, United Kingdom Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone, 14 July
    • 11 German Grand Prix, Germany, Hockenheimring, Hockenheim, 28 July
    • 12 German Grand Prix, Hungary Hungaroring, Budapest, 4 August
    • 13 Belgian Grand Prix, Belgium Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot, 1 September
    • 14 Italian Grand Prix, Italy Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza, 8 September
    • 15 Singapore Grand Prix, Singapore Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore, 22 September
    • 16 Russian Grand Prix, Russia Sochi Autodrom, Sochi, 29 September
    • 17 Japanese Grand Prix, Japan Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka, 13 October
    • 18 Mexican Grand Prix, Mexico Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City, 27 October
    • 19 United States Grand Prix, United States Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas, 3 November
    • 20 Brazilian Grand Prix, Brazil Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo, 17 November
    • 21 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, United Arab Emirates Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, 1 December

Teams:

Team: Scuderia Ferrari
    Constructor: Ferrari
    Chassis: TBA
    Power Unit: Ferrari
    Drivers:
    • 5 Sebastian Vettel
    • 16 Charles Lecelerc

Team: Racing Point F1 Team
    Constructor: Racing Point-Mercedes
    Power Unit: Mercedes
    Drivers:
    • 11 Sergio Perez
    • 18 Lance Stroll

Team:Rich Energy Haas F1 Team
    Constructor: Haas-Ferrari
    Chassis: VF-19
    Power Unit: Ferarri 062
    Drivers:
    • 8 Romain Grosjean
    • 20 Kevin Magnussen

Team: McLaren F1 team
    Constructor: McLaren-Honda
    Chassis: MCL34
    Power Unit: Renault
    Drivers:
    • 4 Lando Norris
    • 55 Carlos Sainz Jr.

Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport
    Constructor: Mercedes
    Chassis: F1 W10 EQ Power+
    Drivers:
    • 44 Lewis Hamilton
    • 77 Valtteri Bottas

Team:Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
    Constructor: Red Bull Honda
    Chassis: RB15
    Power Unit: Honda
    Drivers:
    • 10 Pierre Gasly
    • 33 Max Verstappen

Team: Renault Sport Formula One Team
    Constructor: Renault
    Power Unit: Renault
    Drivers:
    • 3 Daniel Ricciardo
    • 27 Nico Hulkenberg

Team: Alfa Romeo Racing
    Constructor: Alfa Romeo-Ferrari
    Power Unit: Ferarri
    Drivers:
    • 7 Kimi Räikkönen
    • 36 Antonio Giovinazzi

Team: Scuderia Toro Rosso
    Constructor: Toro Rosso-Honda
    Chassis: STR14
    Power Unit: Honda
    Drivers:
    • 23 Alexander Albon
    • 26 Daniil Kvyat

Team: Williams Martini Racing
    Constructor: Williams-Mercedes
    Chassis: FW42
    Drivers:
    • 63 George Russell
    • 88 Robert Kubica

Feel free to discuss!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I didn't know Kubica is actually a driver again!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Interesting testing season, Ferrari looking incredible and Mercedes not showing their hand (though they seem to be slower), Red Bull business as usual and a close pack for the rest of the field aside from Williams.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

judging him on a few of last years drives Leclerec will be one to watch this year.

if Vettel has a temperament change then maybe he will contest as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Charlie Whiting was one of the most down-to-earth people in Formula 1. Quite a shock his sudden death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excited for the new season (looks to be a tight mid-field), but damn... RIP, Charlie.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Surprising to see the Mercs 0.7 seconds up, but race day is always a different beast. What is quite interesting was seeing 5th to about 18th seperated by a second.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was a short season.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Thanks for the pre-season testing memories Ferrari, I'll see you next season

Disappointment aside after just returning from the track, Albert Park isn't really indicative of performance throughout the season, it's an anomaly of a track. Had this qualifying session been at Barcelona and the gap was this big, I would be seriously worried

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Thanks for the pre-season testing memories Ferrari, I'll see you next season

Disappointment aside after just returning from the track, Albert Park isn't really indicative of performance throughout the season, it's an anomaly of a track. Had this qualifying session been at Barcelona and the gap was this big, I would be seriously worried
    Actually _it is_, pole position in AUS is one of the best predictors WDC-wise.

reddit

And as stated in that thread, last year ferrari even had a notible problem. 8 tenths this year....this season is already over, don't kid yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Actually _it is_, pole position in AUS is one of the best predictors WDC-wise.

reddit

And as stated in that thread, last year ferrari even had a notible problem. 8 tenths this year....this season is already over, don't kid yourselves.
    Yeah, not really. What it is not indicative of is the gaps between teams throughout the season, as one team usually 'gets it right' for Melbourne and then by Bahrain/China that gap is mitigated as we return to a more representative circuit.

Also, on the list, I'd actually say the only two season there which were not dynasties for a team are 2007-2009. Every other season was a dynasty for those teams winning multiple back-to-back WDC/WCC. Williams, McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes

This season could very well be a continuation of the Hybrid-era Mercedes dynasty, but we will see how it unfolds over the year. It could be a long 9 months for us Tifosi

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt anyone can challenge Mercedes in F1 until there are some drastic changes in the sport like completely changing the engine technology (like going back to V8 or V12).

Things aren't adding up here with the Ferrari. They look like they're running a lower downforce setup (could be wrong here, as this would be odd for this track) but have some of the absolute worst speed trap times on the grid, which I've just never seen from Ferrari lately (even in Australia last year with the terrible floor). This isn't just a bad setup--something on that car is broken as it just has no power. I suppose there is a chance they just completely missed the mark on the 2019 regulations, but I tend to believe it's the former.

Whether that's good news or bad news depends on if they can fix it I suppose. But I find it really hard to believe that Ferrari just fell off the earth.
    Last edited by Espo; 2019-03-17 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Things aren't adding up here with the Ferrari. They look like they're running a lower downforce setup (could be wrong here, as this would be odd for this track) but have some of the absolute worst speed trap times on the grid, which I've just never seen from Ferrari lately (even in Australia last year with the terrible floor). This isn't just a bad setup--something on that car is broken as it just has no power. I suppose there is a chance they just completely missed the mark on the 2019 regulations, but I tend to believe it's the former.

Whether that's good news or bad news depends on if they can fix it I suppose. But I find it really hard to believe that Ferrari just fell off the earth.
    I followed the testing, they missed no mark as they had incredible pace and reliability in the testing and were walking around like it was the best year in a long long time. It could be something down to setup and tyres/temperatures at Albert Park specifically, I guess we will see what happens in the race and next few weekends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Steamrolled by Bottas. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Apparently he had a damaged floor, which would account for quite a bit of time lost, especially with the aerodynamic changes in 2019. Could easily have been worth half a second on the lap time.

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/sta...93084713074689

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I followed the testing, they missed no mark as they had incredible pace and reliability in the testing and were walking around like it was the best year in a long long time. It could be something down to setup and tyres/temperatures at Albert Park specifically, I guess we will see what happens in the race and next few weekends.
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the car was packaged too tightly, leading to it overheating and de-rating. Barcelona testing was properly cold, it snowed at one point so this issue wouldn't have shown itself then.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-03-17 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It was pure savagery, even going for the fastest lap at the end and then saying "fuck you" to his detracters on the radio. Bit of a turn around from nice guy Bottas of last year, but a welcome change because perhaps he can give a better fight to Lewis when he's mad and determined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It was pure savagery, even going for the fastest lap at the end and then saying "fuck you" to his detracters on the radio. Bit of a turn around from nice guy Bottas of last year, but a welcome change because perhaps he can give a better fight to Lewis when he's mad and determined.
    Let's hope he'll do a Rosberg this year. Always nice to see a pissed off Lewis.
    One race, one Renault engine blown up. Best winter ever mister Abiteboul?
    Love the Honda sound very distinct from the others.
    Haas and pitstops, sigh…...

10+ Year Old Account
    I had Vettel winning, but thought Hamilton would clench it. Glad to see Bottas showing some fight though (I WANT 26 POINTS!!). I hope it holds up for the rest of the season.

I know it's only the first race, but what happened to Ferrari? Weird. No pace. Shame Leclerc had to hold up behind Vettel.

Gutted at Ricciardo's luck at home.

Good to see Honda back on the podium, even if it's not in a McLaren..

Speaking of... Sainz took his sweet time getting out of his. What was he doing... posting on social media? "lol car on fire brb #wtbmarshmallowspst" /selfie

Glad F1's back, but Croft and Brundle can suck it. Something about those two...

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Love the Honda sound very distinct from the others.
    I do miss that gurgling rasp they used to have.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi