Thread: Build 16539

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Build 16539

From what i can tell overall its generally a buff for mistweavers.
    Tier 30 talents, Zen sphere looks like a nurf at first glance but the increased scaling could give it an overall buff. Chi wave got a heal increased...lol? Chi burst got nurfed a tad which makes it look completely unappealing.

I guess chi wave is going to be the go to talent now?

Not quite sure what the Black out kick limited to 2 targets now refers to if someone could elaborate.

And that buff to Life Cocoon, Going to be for over a million.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-02-05 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Accidently hit a key which made it post mid typeing.

The way they listed the level 30 talent changes is weird because we can't see the coefficient for the healing part, so we're kind of in the dark as to what happened there.

Ring of Peace is down to 45 second cooldown, which might make some take it over Leg Sweep now.

Gift of the Serpent now has its own tooltip to actually explain what it does now.

Paralysis change is in as per patch notes.

Life Cocoon tooltip fixed from the hotfix a couple of months ago.

And my favorite change: Instead of nerfing Serpent's Zeal to 12.5% healing per stack, it seems like they've just removed the stacks so we only have to use it once.

guessing zen is gonna be a damn awesome tanking talent.

as for the blackout kick i assume it will hit 2 targets now? like revenge for warriors. (not fact, assumption)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The paralysis thing they said last patch notes the effect from behind was going to be lowered to 6sec which they just worded it differently.

Could have sworn that the initial doubleing of life cocoon increased it to 550% which would have made the recent one to 1100% another double. Guess i was wrong, damn would have been funny to see an absorb for over 1mill.

I don't see where the Serpent's Zeal thing is.

Deleted
    Chi Burst is getting a 100% buff, Chi Wave is getting 100% extra base healing/damage with unknown changes to it's scaling and same goes for Zen Sphere. Blackout kick remains the same except there will only be one stack of SZ to manage which is welcome given it's now the worst ST ability for fistweaving.

I think this makes Chi Burst more powerful than revival when the raid is stacked...

I'm really unclear as to whether these are actual changes or tooltip updates. The Chi Wave and Life Cocoon ones in particular seem like they're reprints of changes made earlier - are they actual changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Chi Burst is getting a 100% buff, Chi Wave is getting 100% extra base healing/damage with unknown changes to it's scaling and same goes for Zen Sphere. Blackout kick remains the same except there will only be one stack of SZ to manage which is welcome given it's now the worst ST ability for fistweaving.

I think this makes Chi Burst more powerful than revival when the raid is stacked...
    Can anyone clarify if two things about Ring of Peace for me:

1) Some notes say harmful spells others say damaging... so can anyone confirm if casting let's say fear will silence the priest who cast it... or do they have to do damage to be silenced.

2) Does the silence happen after the spell goes off, or does it prevent them from even casting that first spell. In other words, can they attack with spells every 3 sec ... or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    I'm really unclear as to whether these are actual changes or tooltip updates. The Chi Wave and Life Cocoon ones in particular seem like they're reprints of changes made earlier - are they actual changes?
    Most of these notes are tooltip updates :P

As for the spell power coefficient of these spells, this is pure speculation and I can be absolutely wrong, but I think the tooltip doesn't reflect the coefficient when it is simply an addition of 100% of your spell power. As an example, the constant of chi torpedo is 8,408, and my chi torpedo's tooltip mentions that it heals for 33,693 so supposedly I'm getting an additional 25285 healing from my spell power. I have 25,545 spell power so the coefficient would be 99.0% of my SP, meh I tried lol I'm in the dark here

Deleted
    Those change on chi burst/ chi wave / zen sphere have totally absolotuly NO SENSE at all

let's hope they are mistakes in the patch note / tooltip corrections ......

Blackout Kick is no longer limited to 2 targets.
    Could anyone fill me in on what I missed? Didn't know it could hit more than 1 target (besides the MW version).
    Chi Burst damage and AP scaling doubled. Healing reduced by 16%.
    Glad they decided to reconsider. While the healing has been reduced by 16% it's still an overall buff. Let's just hope that it'll make up for the lengthy cooldown.
    Healing Sphere was renamed Gift of the Serpent. AP scaling was reduced by 38%.
    Wait.. This was the ability you spammed when you were running back after a wipe... Right? Besides its use in arenas I don't see any practical reason to use this.

Zen Sphere healing reduced by 60% and damage slightly increased.
    So they allow us to use 2, each healing for like 12k per tick (with my gear on PTR anyway) with a 10 second cooldown... And they nerf them.
    Not sure what they're smoking/sniffing but it's definitely not good for their health. We can see evidence of that in this change.

I'm glad that we finally get a glyph that removes DoTs from the target we're using Paralysis on. Major improvement. Mistweavers still lack in the anti-CC department however. Still waiting for "Nimble Brew has become a base Monk ability learned at level xx".

As for;
    Life Cocoon spellpower scaling doubled.
    Teachings of the Monastery bonus to Blackout Kick no longer stacks up to two times.
    Life Cocoon tooltip finally updated and the Blackout Kick SZ change is great! Was kind of weird to make 12.5% stack twice rather than a single flat 25% buff.

But if they changed the name of the "Healing Spheres" to same name as MWs mastery, how can you controll what is what? Its not the same ability

Considering the official patch note update only has Ring of Peace and Paralyze changes listed, I'm inclined to believe at least some of the rest are tooltip fixes.

Beware reading too much into datamining. It only goes so far.

Blackout Kick is no longer limited to 2 targets.
    Could anyone fill me in on what I missed? Didn't know it could hit more than 1 target (besides the MW version).
    All I can think of is that you can now put Blackout Dots on multiple targets (or as many as you can before they start falling off) so it might just be a slight buff to Windwalkers.

It may allow for Storm, Earth and Fire clones to place the Blackout Kick dot on their targets too, not entirely sure though.
    Last edited by Vulhawk; 2013-02-05 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Ring of Peace CD decrease was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    But if they changed the name of the "Healing Spheres" to same name as MWs mastery, how can you controll what is what? Its not the same ability
    Smells like a data-mining error to me.

Yea, I wouldn't get too hot and bothered over datamined tooltip changes. Wait for the official notes.... then QQ

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That Ring of Peace CD decrease was necessary.
    With the nerf needed to come with a shorter CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchib View Post
    With the nerf needed to come with a shorter CD.
    I think they buffed it in the wrong way... it's currently too strong against melee and nothing too special against casters (and does nothing to healers), well unless it silences CC abilities, I still can't get a clear answer about whether it silences all HARMFUL or only DAMAGING spells... the patch notes say two different things.

Don't get me wrong... I love the buff, but it's another example of Blizzard's right hand having no clue what their left hand is doing. Ghostrcawler openly admitted that pretty much all melee are not valuable enough in an RBG team (and they are considering a blanket buff to all melee in RBGs), and then they go and make Ring of Peace, which make melee more worthless then ever. It's not that I don't want the buff, it's just that I don't want something that will be so oppressive to all melee that it will just get nerfed a few weeks after it goes live. The cooldown should be made a bit longer again, but an extra punishment should be added for casters (hopefully even healers)... perhaps the ring should force all targets into a state of contemplation, reducing spell haste by 50%, in addition to the current silence on damaging (hopefully all harmful) spells.

Deleted
    Zen sphere tick : 5k5 : LOL

thanks, for MW the only choice possible is now chi burst

stupid devs, go back on this level 15 talents nerf it's just ridiculous

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:14 PM ----------

oh and btw, tigereye brew stack now needs 4 chi and not 3

Invisible stupid nerf....

One more patch like this, and our class will be WORST in 5.2 than 5.1 in both specs....

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:40 PM ----------

come on: Zen sphere explosion on 12 people: 7 500 each ....

Please could i have the drood's mushrooms instead?

Just looked at PTR.. Oh boy.

Zen Sphere on live and previous build: 12.5k / tick, 36k detonate. Currently on PTR: 5k / tick, 13k detonate <-serious nerf. Talent completely useless now
    So they're basically forcing us to completely avoid this talent till they stop smoking pot and come up with a new T2 talent.. Right?
    Chi Wave nerfed as well.
    Live: 28-30k / bounce unbuffed. Previous build was 40+k. Current build: 25k.. So basically they increased the CD and reverted the double damage/healing buff.
    Chi Burst: Live: 32-34k. Haven't previously tried it on PTR but on this build: 56k. 30 seconds way too long for this joke of a "buff".

Overall it seems our T2 talents will become a complete joke in 5.2. Honestly speaking I was really happy with the bit of love that Zen Sphere received. The way they started handling the talent however makes me wonder how frequently they're smashed/stoned while trying to come up with new ideas. Example: Zen Sphere was fine. If anything I recon that the Detonate could've been lowered a bit. By completely no-lubing the healing values and keeping the cooldown however, it's now even more useless than it is on live. Meaning that you have to be stoned out of your mind in order to use it on live once 5.2's released.

Chi Wave the exact same deal. Not much better on PTR now than it is on live but they kept the increased cooldown. If they still claim they're buffing us for PvP purposes they're flat out lying. No one in their right mind will call these atrocities a "buff". Hell. Even the change to Chi Burst is a downright nerf. You can argue all you want but at the end of the day its healing will still be lower in 5.2 than it currently is.

Ghostcrawler (or any other dev for that matter) if you're reading this: You're doing it wrong.