Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've never seen anyone AFK in LFR. I had 1 wipe in 2 weeks. No one was stupid. Or retarded. I love LFR. I don't care about gear as "proof of my awesomeness"

Anyway, I think the problems are

- damage/healing is too big in PvP. Dying in seconds is not my idea of fun, but that's the way things are and they won't change in this game
    - the numbers are too big indeed
    - world PvP is meaningless and only exists to satisfy the psycho behavior of some lunatics

10+ Year Old Account
    ssshh dont tell anny one but i afk in lfr gasp :O only on the trash or if i gotta get do somthing real quick lol plus today in lfr people stood in the fire didnt move out the way or really do any dps i was shocked i could watch tv and still out dps them =/. But i had some really good lfr were no one died every one did there job right healers was actly healing :O.
    Mage: Using the Mage spell Blink will now attract the attention of creepy angel statues. Don’t “Blink.”
    Game play videos News and just plain randomness check out
    Lio's Random Gaming
    my Facebook page My twitter

my problems?

people who complain about servers, communities and the game in general, without actually trying to make it better themselves.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    My problems with WoW...

1. Classes and abilities. Seems like all classes are the same nowadays, everyone is getting the same abilities, they just have different names. The unique feeling of being a certain class is fading away.

2. Pvp burst dmg and cc. Its absolutely retarded... fully malv geared plate wearing warriors in defensive stance dying in less then 10 secs. Also getting hit by a 6 sec stun and trinketing out only to get feared, slept, frozen or rooted or god knows what for the next 30 secs.

3. Pve is too easy. Its brain dead simple, dungeons and raids are a joke, heroics too.

4. Nerfs/buffs/changes to classes. Too many and too often. Mages are getting changed completely, changing the entire way they pvp. Wars getting nerfed while hunters are getting buffed and imo hunters are the most op class in pvp in the game.

5. The community. Wow community is sad. More trolls and bots then ever before. The game has become so ez that its filled with players who really dont know what they are doing. Blizzard caters to the crying. Instead of balancing properly they just nerf what is whined about the most. Also foreigners are taking over :-(. I play on a us server in a us battlegroup but most of the time I cant communicate with my teammates cuz they are all from brazil.

6. Hybrid classes and flying mounts. Ruined WoW imo.

7. Gear. To ez to obtain, no longer feels epic or rewarding. Everyone has the same shit.

8. Numbers and stats. Are too damn big, squish plz.
    Mate its not that I disagree with you but the 1st problem u mention and only this one is the reason for problems (2-3-4-5) it wasn an unavoidable dead end since blizz decide to do this. 1 more reason why pve is "easier" is cause of problem No1, for example, although druid healer was the last preferable healer in previous xpac or even vanilla he had some unique abilities like mana restore etc (this is just an example to understand what im trying to say) atm there is not such a thing, neither for tanks,healers or even dps. About ur No6 problem is kinda sad to see that u include Hybrid classes too since shaman-priests-paladins were like the first classes WoW introduced to us so I dont think you should mention them as a problem that appeared out of blue.At this point and since i think u are mentioning pvp hybrind classes the reason is just one and its simple "PvP Power" , its bad, its confused and blizz is too selfish to take it back. Problem No7 is what ppl asked, what you me and the rest of us liked when we had a chance for FULL EPIC GEAR OMG with our toons, blizz used this "drug" and we became all addicted to it.Again I totally agree with you, Pve top gear(ok hc gear is exception) without effort (just playtime-dailies-lucky gold coins rolls),T2 pvp weapons (again a time race) are not giving the right feeling of a reward but you,me and the rest of us asked for them with reasons like "balance,competition,fun".

Imo WoW used to be more entertaining through mass pvp for hours with friends(not just bots), raids with friends-guildmates (not just lfr) and farming with "normal"-"logic" requirements (not just endless questing).

1: CRZ, wanted to level a monk though old world quests, have not tried any since they were revamped in cata, but having to many annoying buggy\laggy issues so gave up. (not on a PVP server so it's not that)
    2: people not playing but wanting to play? - last nite in LFR 5-8 people afking - dps queued as healing bottom of DPS and no healing at all. I have no problem with just being new and learning but leaching is just lazy and just wastes everyone else time slowing the run up
    3: PVP, gave up on it, really liked it in BC and most of LK but since just before Cata came out I can not stand it.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-02-06 at 01:19 PM.

My problems with WoW...

1. Classes and abilities. Seems like all classes are the same nowadays, everyone is getting the same abilities, they just have different names. The unique feeling of being a certain class is fading away.
    I think that is personal. I fell each class plays different and even each spec on some classes feel different.

2. Pvp burst dmg and cc. Its absolutely retarded... fully malv geared plate wearing warriors in defensive stance dying in less then 10 secs. Also getting hit by a 6 sec stun and trinketing out only to get feared, slept, frozen or rooted or god knows what for the next 30 secs.
    I can't coment on PvP since I don't participate or care about it.

3. Pve is too easy. Its brain dead simple, dungeons and raids are a joke, heroics too.
    Raids are not a joke unless you are talking about LFR which is not considered raiding. Heroics were meant to be quick and not really challenging

4. Nerfs/buffs/changes to classes. Too many and too often. Mages are getting changed completely, changing the entire way they pvp. Wars getting nerfed while hunters are getting buffed and imo hunters are the most op class in pvp in the game.
    Again personal opinions. Balance is around 3s and 5s and they use actual data and quality feedback when making changes, not the waa my class sucks and that class is OP.

5. The community. Wow community is sad. More trolls and bots then ever before. The game has become so ez that its filled with players who really dont know what they are doing. Blizzard caters to the crying. Instead of balancing properly they just nerf what is whined about the most. Also foreigners are taking over :-(. I play on a us server in a us battlegroup but most of the time I cant communicate with my teammates cuz they are all from brazil.
    Blizzard does not listen to whining and crying as much as you may want to believe. The listen to well thought out and presented thoughts. I do agree they should use a language translator there are plenty of quality text translators out there. Community is what you make of it. I am now on a small server(logged over to my raiding server and it said low) on the low end of a 4:1 Alliance to Horde ratio, and have a friends list full of people who are online regularly that I run dailies/dungeons/PuG 10s with, and whatever. I am not discounting bots and assholes, but you can still have a community if you look for it.

I'm sure the game would be so much better with 1 tanking class and healers only being able to heal. More options in this case is better.

7. Gear. To ez to obtain, no longer feels epic or rewarding. Everyone has the same shit.
    Really? Every day I read about how much harder it is to get your gear because of rep and harder raids. Sounds like you know nothing of what you speak

They have in a way by making how much each point of a stat it takes to increase your numbers besides stam to HP. If we had the same equations as previous expansions numbers would be even higher. That is why that pally was able to solo MV in that low level MoP gear.
    Like was said earlier just stop playing. This game is not for everyone. This game has changed for the better from its first incarnation. Peoples tastes change over time. This game is meant to reach a broad MMO audience. Appealing to a wide variety of play styles is its goal. I feel it has done that the best this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    My problem with WoW?

-LFR

A lot of casual raid groups of my realm quit raiding because of the LFR, and who can blame them? With the Raid Finder you don't need any kind of commitment and the content is exactly the same, so why should they keep raiding in normal mode? There's no motivation at all. With the LFR Blizzard killed the ultimate goal of the game and eventually gonna kill the community.
    but only about 10% or so of the playerbase raids, even before LFR. That's such a weird view to take. how is that going to ruin anything, when so few people do it?

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    My main problem with WoW is LFR. It is a good idea on paper, don't get me wrong, I think people should be able to see the content, but isn't that why they nerf raids? LFR kills progression. It doesn't seem connected but it is. Unless you plow through hard modes in the first like, month or 2 then chances are you run LFR, probably weekly because of items you need. Slot fillers ect. Part of what makes raiding fun IS getting to see the content. LFR destroys that. I can hit a button and see everything. Even bosses I have never killed on reg/heroic so when I am with my guild on raid night it feels like more of the same and burnout happens more rapidly. I know people will say oh well you don't HAVE to run LFR, technically no but if I want to help my group by doing the best I can I have to do what it takes to play to my highest potential. So yeah, my main problem with wow is LFR
    even with the gigantic nerfs to both DS and ICC in their end days of their expansions, overall attendance to those was still only about 20% of the playerbase, and both of those are when normal raiding attendance have been at their highest.

Look at it from blizzard's pov.

Focus a ton of your money on one aspect of the game, not many people are doing it.

either you:
    1) stop making that content
    2) find a way to get people into that content

If the community was more open and friendly to the average person, things LFR wouldn't need to exist. the state of the community caused this to happen.

Sometimes the best way to go is to give everyone the same ability, and then make them do it in a very different way. I feel if Blizzard went that route, things wouldn't be so bad, but I think the current model is good. Having 1 healer good at AoE and another at Single-Target Heals (Druids & Paladins in Wrath) was terrible design.

Not going to disagree with this. In Cataclysm they said they wanted PvP to slow down, take more time and be more about control. This hasn't happened.

Please link your armoury, so I can see all your Heroic Boss Achievements. Looking for Raid & Normal Modes are easy, and are not meant to provide an insane challenge. Heroic Modes are where it is at, so unless you've done them, you don't have much of a right to call the raiding content easy.

In a game this diverse, you'll never, ever get balance. Unless they change only one class at a time, it'll never work, and even then it would be years before the whole system is balanced, by which time the direction of the game has changed somewhat, and the whole cycle repeats itself.

World of Warcraft is populated primarily by very nice people. As humans, we tend to only remember the worst in situations, not the best. I've rarely met anyone in LFG / LFR that has been a total asshole, and when I do, there are normally 23 other people who think he is an asshole also.

I think Hybrids Classes added more to the game, but Flying Mounts I agree.

Bullshit. I've been trying to get my gear up now for a few days straight in Heroics, and I've still yet to get my stuff. I've run the entire of the LFR yesterday, and again most of it today and gotten nothing. The RNG of gear is stupid.

Blizzard have already said this is something they're investigating. You want them to rush something this critical?

My problems with WoW...

No, not true. I find a lot of differences in most classes.

Every class want a control (fear/sheep/charm/stun), And so everybody has one (if not more) of these. That you are being chain cc'd is not the games fault, it's because you play against good players, and are probably playing with less good players who don't know how to help you out.

No... No it's not. It's been said before, only a small percentage of the players in WoW see heroic content/normal content.

Suggesting they should not nerf or buff strong/weak classes? Elaborate more please. Warlocks got changed a lot too. So did Shadow Priests and Rogues. Ret paladins have been changing constantly since vanilla, but thats probably because they have got more buttons to press in every expansion

The community is what it has made itself. Trolls and bots? Have always existed. How can the game be too easy, and in the same time be filled with players not knowing how to play? If it was that easy, everybody would be good. Blizzard is listening to the majority. If all they see on their forums is people whining about warrriors being OP, sure as hell they're going to nerf them and balance it the way they get the feedback.

How did flying mounts ruin WoW? It's just an alternative to flypaths / groundmounting, which is slower. Flying mounts benefit for everybody in less time spent on travelling.

Go play the game with some of these people who are new and that you claim don't know much about how to play. It'll probably feel harder for you.

Personal preferences. I like it how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

My biggest problem with this game is that there is very little risk / consequence to any action or decision, which ultimately makes what you do in game not matter as much.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Personal preferences. I like it how it is.
    And he doesn't.

Opinions, how DO they work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Current problem?

Can't be arsed to level my alts to 90.
    Would like to play them, but that stupidly boring Valor grind that awaits me @ 90 just kills any motivation.

A lot of casual raid groups of my realm quit raiding because of the LFR, and who can blame them? With the Raid Finder you don't need any kind of commitment and the content is exactly the same, so why should they keep raiding in normal mode? There's no motivation at all. With the LFR Blizzard killed the ultimate goal of the game and eventually gonna kill the community.
    Sounds like they are the problem not LFR. Normal mode awards better gear, gives credit for titles and achievements as well as being a step off to unlock hardmodes. If you're not motivated for any of that you are simply not motivated to raid, period.

Deleted
    People seriously need to shut up about reason 8. It's perfectly fine.

I have problem only with 3 things : ARENAS, LFD and LFR. They shouldnt exist.

People that whine about things like Flying Mounts, a massive convenience, ruining their time in WoW. You don't like them, don't use them. The solution isn't to take them away from everyone. I don't care about the scenery in a video game, so I don't need to be slowed down to look at the tree, I just want to quickly get from point A to point B. You want to look at the scenery, go for it. Also, on PvE servers, there is no open PvP, so why would Flying Mounts matter?.. There's no running away from a PvP fight since there is no PvP. It shows how greedy the players are, just because they don't like something, they believe it should be taken away from EVERYONE.

Same goes for LFD/LFR. While I care little about LFR, I do remember sitting around in a chat channel, waiting to find a group to go to an instance. It wasn't fun at all. The only ones that want to go back to that always had people to group with in a guild/friends. Well tough luck, LFD allows us to get a group whenever we want, without having to wait for guild members to log in. Again, WoW is a video game and most of us don't play to socialize, so deal with it.

Honestly, I actually agree that numbers are getting way out of hand at the moment. I would prefer a number squish as well. May bother you in the beginning, but it'll pass fast.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is pvp being balanced around arena so they break it on the BG end. My solution? No CC in a BG other than slowing effects.

Also the current numbers, I my self would not mind a squish. In Vanilla I was lucky to have about 2,500 health and about lost it when I crit with aimed shot for 1,000. Wow originally was not about massive numbers and only after gaining 30 more levels I do not see the logic in going from just a few thousand health to 350,000+ health I have now. In vanilla a 30 level gain gave you maybe 200 more health? if that lol. Also my aimed shot crits for 150k + now.

Wanted to add this before I forget too. Boss enrage timers. If you want people to experience content, scrap the enrage timers and make the fights focous just on your groups ability to control and exacute the mechanics needed. It would unburden alot of players who just want to play and have fun, allowing them to not have to worry so much about flawless exacution of a rotation that you cant exacute without the aid of macros, timers, and sting commands.
    Last edited by Lethey Alexandros; 2013-02-06 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    When lfr first came out I thought it was a great idea because I knew I would never get into an actually raid party and I atleast got to experience some of the content that I would've otherwise never seen.
    It wasn't impossible for ppl to join a raid group, even casuals. I work and I have college, I used to raid only 4 hours a week and I killed the Lich King back in WOTLK and the Heroic Deathwing back in Cataclysm, I'm sorry but say that was impossible to raid because you are casual isn't even a valid argument. There is diference between casuals and lazy people. And besides, I know that the LFR may be an interesting tool, but the problem is the consequences in the community, like I said before.
    The game is an MMO, it should motivate you to play together with your friends and guild to overcome the challenges and not just click in a button, join a group of stranges and easilly kill the boss without know the fights or even talk with each other.

It wasn't impossible for ppl to join a raid group, even casuals. I work and I have college, I used to raid only 4 hours a week and I killed the Lich King back in WOTLK and the Heroic Deathwing back in Cataclysm, I'm sorry but say that was impossible to raid because you are casual isn't even a valid argument. There is diference between casuals and lazy people. And besides, I know that the LFR may be an interesting tool, but the problem is the consequences in the community, like I said before.
    The game is an MMO, it should motivate you to play together with your friends and guild to overcome the challenges and not just click in a button, join a group of stranges and easilly kill the boss without know the fights or even talk with each other.
    That's pretty much what I think also. The raid instance content was what you built up to, to be able to do it with others. LFR is great for what it does, but once I've seen the content, I just don't have the desire to do it again at a higher difficulty. The motivation to do so, simply put, has been solely placed on better gear. But my motivation is primarily to see the content, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. While it's good that everyone can see the content, it happens so fast now that it's taken away a pretty big aspect of what made wow, wow. I don't think making all content with an easy mode is good for an MMO. It's too soloable now.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main problem with WoW is people continuously complaining about WoW. :P
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-