Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for a BlackThorn sequel = (

A new post was put up

# 05 Chat Log__________________________________________21:34:00 BST
    Dr. Talen Ayers__________________________________________Jake Ramsey

T. Ayers
    Listen, Mr. Ramsey: I'm not sure why you're even here, but shouting at Branamoor in the middle of a staff meeting is a good way to get yourself pushed out of an airlock.

J. Ramsey
    Branamoor? You think I'm scared of that little tin-plated dictator? I had the entire Dominion nipping at my heels for years, Doc. Mengsk himself had meNever mind. I don't want to get intoI'm not going to sit here quietly while these sadistic excuses for "experiments" are going on.

T. Ayers
    Listen, I know that dissection is not a part of your archaeological toolset, but it's pretty standard fare in the biological sciences. We need to analyze these xenos if we are to truly understand how they function. Imagine – I don't know – imagine trying to figure out the purpose of an ancient building without going inside it.

J. Ramsey
    Xenos? They're called protoss, Dr. Ayers. They're a people just as complex and unique as humanity. They fear, they hurt, and they despair. And right now one of your cronies is literally skinning them alive.

T. Ayers
    Wait, what? Dr. Held is experimenting on living protoss? I don'tVivisection is notI knew that we'd be working on live subjects eventually, but I always assumed they would be zerg. You're sure?

J. Ramsey
    You can't hear the screaming?

T. Ayers
    Mr. Ramsey. Protoss cannot scream.

J. Ramsey
    Yes, they can. How can you not hear theIt doesn't matter. You know I'm telling the truth. And you condone this sort of thing. How can you support the torture of sentient beings?

T. Ayers
    Well, maybe this is not the ideal option, but damn it, Ramsey, the protoss are an enemy to mankind! I don't know what Held is doing with them exactly, but I'm sure he wouldn't be here if it wasn't important. Sometimes you have to make hard choices for the greater good.

J. Ramsey
    You sound like a Dominion propaganda piece. The protoss were never the enemy. We only did what was necessary.

T. Ayers
    We?

J. Ramsey
    They. I meant "they." I'm justIf you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not here because of my scholarly background... although God knows you microscope jockeys could use some archaeological perspective. I'm here because I've sharedI guess you could say I've had a unique affinity for their race.

T. Ayers
    A "unique affinity" for the race that incinerated Chau Sara without even saying hello? Hundreds of thousands of innocent colonists, burnt alive. No warning, no explanation. Hell, at least I can understand the zerg; hungry animals aren't that hard to figure out. But the protoss are just... alien, in the truest sense of the word. I don't even want to ask what sharing any sort of "affinity" with them would do to a human mind. Pardon my bluntness, Mr. Ramsey, but I have to wonder whose side you're really on here.

J. Ramsey
    Chau Sara was tragic, yes. But the zerg had taken root there. If the protoss hadn't stepped in, those monsters would've consumed every living thing on that planet and then moved on to the next. The protoss took lives that were already lost. They offered a merciful, quick ending to those about to be eaten alive.

T. Ayers
    How sweet of them to offer a quick death by fire. What kind souls.

J. Ramsey
    How many lives were saved by their intervention, Doc? Here you talk about choosing sides; I could ask you the same question. Mengsk and his thugs have committed far worse atrocities than the protoss ever have. Is that the side you're on?

T. Ayers
    I'm on the side of humanity, Mr. Ramsey. Maybe we don't have the rosiest history, but we are trying to survive out here. This corner of space is dangerous, in case you haven't noticed. Two powerful alien races set on wiping us out – all of us. I promise you, they won't stop with the Koprulu sector. Neither the zerg nor your saintly protoss like to leave a job unfinished, and we both know that Earth is in their long-term plans.

J. Ramsey
    Long-term plans? Long-term?You have no idea what that means.

T. Ayers
    Very spooky, Mr. Ramsey. I want to be clear: I'm not some naive patriot with blinders on. I know what Mengsk is, and I know what he has done. But humanity needs a strong leader at the helm. How else are we to survive against these monsters?

J. Ramsey
    I know monsters. I know them well. I wish I could explain it to you, I really do, but you wouldn't understand. You will someday, Doc. Working at this place, behind closed doors, you'll see.Just keep your eyes open.

It is interesting this is still going on after the SC2 Launch

# 06 Personal Log

Dr. Talen Ayers

Personal Log

Things have gotten sticky around the lab, and I think we are all finding it more difficult to move ahead with our research."Sticky?" you ask.(And by "you," of course, I refer to my own subconscious audience, as well as whichever Dominion security officer has been lucky enough to screen my personal writings. My friend, you will find that I am quite accustomed to writing for a crowd, and have no problem sharing candid thoughts and feelings this way. I apologize if that takes some of the exciting deductive elements out of your job.)Yes, sticky. Sticky is the only word I can find to describe the emotional gridlock of personalities that has grown up among the scientists sequestered in the belly of this cozy little lab. And the sources of this stickiness – the metaphorical creep colonies responsible for producing this oozing sociological creep – are Dr. Held and Jake Ramsey. Why anybody would consider bringing together a sadistic xenophobe and a deranged protoss sympathizer in tight quarters is beyond me.Dr. Branamoor, if you are reading this, then I submit the question to you: what in the blue blazes were you thinking?Dr. Held is quite obviously a few mitochondria short of a functioning cell, as the saying goes. His unwavering focus on protoss physiology and cerebral structure – even in non-scientific discussions and chats around the lunchroom – reveals an obsession that smacks of phobia. Held is terrified of the protoss, and I suspect this is due to some previous experience he may have had with top-secret Dominion research before Project Blackstone was even off the ground. His assistant, a young woman with flat, dead eyes, warned me not to mention "Project Gestalt." She said that the mere mention of those words would set her superior into a fit of shivering paranoia. Poor Dr. Martine had no more details than that, but I pity the girl. Working with Dr. Held on a daily basis must be a trial: her grip on that cane of hers grows tighter every time I see her.Ramsey is another story altogether. His insights into the protoss are frighteningly sharp, and it seems as though he shares them almost as if by accident. I'm not sure what he has seen, or what was done to him, but it definitely left an indelible mark on his sanity. His demeanor is hard to follow, moods shifting without warning: one minute he's an intelligent, good-natured archaeologist; the next, he's some distant, unreadable mystic with an unfathomable empathy for the poor alien souls made "vile prisoners" in Dr. Held's lab. These periods of madness have become more and more egregious: at one point, he physically threatened Dr. Held and had to be restrained by our head engineer and me. Branamoor, usually quick to show off his Big Chief disciplinary muscle, hasn't done anything about Ramsey's actions yet. It almost seems as if our loopy xenophile has some sort of protection there. Is Jake pals with Mengsk? He certainly doesn't have much nice to say about our good emperor, but at this point, it wouldn't surprise me.So yes, things are sticky. Dr. Held and Ramsey at each other's throats, and the rest of us trying to ignore the fact that horrible things may be happening just down the hallway. What was it that Dr. Rothfuss said? The bearded old astrophysicist is a quiet fellow, but when he speaks, he can silence a room. "Conflicting passions and tight quarters make a pretty recipe for blood."That got even Ramsey to shut up.I'll have to see if I can't pull Rothfuss aside and learn a little bit more about him the next time he wheels out of that red-lit laboratory of his. It seems as though everybody on the staff has an interesting story. After getting Ramsey tucked safely into his room, I spent this afternoon talking with the guy who helped me hold the archaeologist back from committing murder: Redell "Red" Quinton. He's an engineer through and through – everything by the numbers. But the man's brilliant, a practical database of the chemistry and physics required to turn atoms into weaponry. He's been bothered by all of this stickiness as well; in fact, I may have gotten the word from him.At least I have my lab time with Talise. We have grown quite fond of each other, and have begun sneaking into each other's quarters for... post-laboratory analysis. It is nice to have somebody who shares my fascination with the incredible and mysterious workings of these alien forms. It is also nice to share our hopes and fears about having daughters in such similar lines of work. Neither of us have heard from our children in quite some time, and I can only assume that the Dominion is keeping us separated from them out of concern for their safety.I am writing this, watching her sleep on my cot, and feeling as though maybe this uncomfortable time, this stickiness, is only temporary. As Oscar Wilde said, "The less said about life's sores, the better."

with this image
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/static/imag...06-scourge.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I got locked Out -_-

The site doesn't exist anymore for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"