Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    We still have military bases in Germany. It was only a little under 100 years ago that we were at war with them, but in this day in age - can our continuing presence in Germany really be justified? In what way is it helpful to have these military bases scattered across the world, when we also posses naval and air superiority to the rest of the world? If circumstances did change, and we suddenly did need to go to war with Germany, couldn't we then respond to those changes in circumstance and reinstall nearby military bases? Why do we need to maintain this global military empire, when we cannot even afford to do so?

I think it would be more difficult to name a country in which we do not have a military base.
    I just reread this post again and something just popped out that I missed the first time I read this....its how you twist your statements to try and make it sound worst
    It was only a little under 100 years ago
    lets see WW2 ended in 1945...its 2013 now so if we subtract 1945 from 2013 we get 68 that's 32 years less than 100, 32 I would be willing to bet is longer than you sir have been on this earth!!! Please try and use facts instead of attempting to twist your words so they make you sound like you know wtf you are talking about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Take the many cultural aspects of the USA, and how being the richest country (for now) in the world has facilitated it's spread, seeping into every nation on the planet.

This is a form of cultural takeover, something the French are especially sensitive about.

Globalisation can be a complete bitch, if left unchecked.
    The USA isn't rich (and rich is hard to define, on what criteria?). It's actually piss poor. 80% of it's people live under the norm of what is considered the poverty line, and the whole pyramid scheme behind what the americans call "credit rating" is laughable to any adult in possesion another frame of reference (in other words able to see it as something bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    Posts like this are insulting.

Did I declare war in the Middle East? No, I didn't. Did I go over there to steal country's oil and rule over their people? No, I didn't. Did I come to you asking for special acknowledgement or consideration prior to your childish rant? No, I didn't.
    People like to blame the tool, instead of the person wielding the tool. It's a big problem in our country...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    My point illustrates that the country was far better off before The Soviet Union and US tried to play chess using foreign countries.

Anyway, you have no argument, what are you even doing here?
    That your "point," like every other anti-military hater in this thread, is all about blaming today's military for things that the CI-fucking-A (backed by the democratically elected government everybody's prattling on about no less) did back in the 50s and 60s. The military doesn't start wars; the fucking politicians YOU all put into office do. The military didn't make that mess you're rambling about, the government did. So why in the fuck is this all about us? I didn't vote Bush into office, TWICE.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2013-02-07 at 04:18 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Why do you think the Taliban and Al-Qaida was formed? The Taliban was formed from the Mujahideen, which was supported by the US to fight the Soviets.

If we didn't meddle in everyone's business they wouldn't even exist today.
    The problem is, the meddling has been taking place for centuries if not millenia.

When looking retrospectively at the world, it is easy in hindsight to lump certain events into 'periods'/'dynasties' etc.

The reality is, if you were a casual observer who stayed in the same area for a couple of thousand years, the transition throughout most of these periods is often gradual, not something that necessarily stands out at the time.

It's not like Stone Age man one day woke up and went 'lol it's Bronze Age now', there are overlaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    This here so many times. It isn't the soldiers fault that the government does dubious stuff. They genuinely believe they do it for freedom and to protect their country. And they genuinely risk their life wherever they are.

Once you are in a full blown war with another country you will cry for help from those people.

Damn those people who have no idea what war means. Afghanistan is far away... thus I don't care? Bad attitude, bad.
    Yeah is true, is not the soldiers fault, they are trying to do their best for their country to protect the people on their country and most of them try to do the right thing, but the goverment goes to war only to gain profits and not to help anyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangle View Post
    The USA isn't rich (and rich is hard to define, on what criteria?). It's actually piss poor. 80% of it's people live under the norm of what is considered the poverty line, and the whole pyramid scheme behind what the americans call "credit rating" is laughable to any adult in possesion another frame of reference (in other words able to see it as something bad).
    My bad, inject 'top of GDP rankings' I guess according to the UN in 2011.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangle View Post
    Piss poor? Oh Lord . The posts in this thread continue to get worse.

Wait. In your "educated" opinion based on no facts. The US is poor but it is hard to define based on criteria xxxx? I'm laying the sarcasm on pretty thick. Wanted to make sure you understood that given your limited intelligence capacity.

Out of sheer morbid curiosity. What country do you call "home"?

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    The problem is, the meddling has been taking place for centuries if not millenia.

When looking retrospectively at the world, it is easy in hindsight to lump certain events into 'periods'/'dynasties' etc.

The reality is, if you were a casual observer who stayed in the same area for a couple of thousand years, the transition throughout most of these periods is often gradual, not something that necessarily stands out at the time.

It's not like Stone Age man one day woke up and went 'lol it's Bronze Age now', there are overlaps.
    But time and time again our meddling has ended up in disaster. It's like we don't learn...

1. The Mujahideen
    2. Fidel Castro
    3. Saddam Hussein
    4. The Contras

The list goes on a bit, but you get the idea. We keep trying to overthrow / change other governments, then cry when things don't turn out the way we want.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2013-02-07 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    lets see WW2 ended in 1945...its 2013 now so if we subtract 1945 from 2013 we get 68 that's 32 years less than 100, 32 I would be willing to bet is longer than you sir have been on this earth!!! Please try and use facts instead of attempting to twist your words so they make you sound like you know wtf you are talking about lol.
    So is your point that because WW2 only ended 68 years ago, (not 100!!!) that we may need those bases in order to go to war with Germany again?

Or did you not have any point at all, and you just wanted to argue that I said, "A little under 100" when in fact it's been 68?!!!LOLOLOLOL!!!

Also, your posts being contaminated with constant exclamation points and lol's does much to detract from what you're saying. I think I'm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I hate to say it, but I tend to believe that enlisted U.S. military members (and domestic law enforcement officers) are disproportionately less intelligent than you might find in other lines of work. I have nothing against lukewarm IQs, but I also believe the dumber you are, the more violence-prone you become. When you give dumb, aggressive men a license to hold sway over the rights of others, you're generally asking for trouble.
    This is absolutely the most asinine comment I have ever read on these forums and there have been some crazy ones before. You think the US Military consists of less intelligent individuals? I graduated top 5 in my high school, spent 8 weeks in basic training, spent 34 weeks in technical training school and now work in the IT industry and pursuing my MBA as a civilian.. the military is full of hard working, intelligent and motivated individuals who volunteer to serve and defend our country should it ever be attacked. Every day I went into our unit and worked side by side with some of the smartest, well-versed and technically proficient people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

Can you troubleshoot and replace the thermocouples on a KC-135 tanker's engines? The majority of the 200 individuals I worked with in the Military can. If we are less than intelligent, what does that make you?

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    That your "point," like every other anti-military hater in this thread, is all about blaming today's military for things that the CI-fucking-A (backed by the democratically elected government everybody's prattling on about no less) did back in the 50s and 60s. The military doesn't start wars; the fucking politicians YOU all put into office do. The military didn't make that mess you're rambling about, the government did. So why in the fuck is this all about us? I didn't vote Bush into office, TWICE.
    And the election system is by far the worst in the world. BY MODERN STANDARDS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    What are your thoughts on these people? Every time I hear someone talk about the military and how thankful they are for them for fighting for our freedom and defending our country, I just die a little inside, and seriously want to punch a hole in the wall with my head. No they are not fighting for our freedom, and no they are not defending our country. No country in the Middle East is a serious threat to the United States. Their response: "But we're over there to combat terrorism". Wake the fuck up, terrorists are everywhere. That guy that shot a bunch of kids in that Sandy Hook elementary school, terrorist. That guy that shot all those people in that movie theater in Colorado, terrorist. That guy that shot a crap ton of people in Norway, terrorist. You can not go to a specific part of the world in hopes of combating an idea. It's simply propaganda.

The only time they are defending us is if our country is in danger like when Japan bombed the shit out of Pearl Harbor in WW2.
    So you are saying that if all our military men and women were back here, that those shootings would of never happened? Wake up. Stuff like that is going to happen anywhere in the world. When people say the military is fighting for our freedom and defending our country, it's one in the same. Without the men and women in the military, our country wouldn't be sh!t. They are the ones that stand between what we (the U.S.) have, and what other countries want to destroy. You don't have to be a genius to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    The only time they are defending us is if our country is in danger like when Japan bombed the shit out of Pearl Harbor in WW2.
    Or when OBL flew a plane into the twin towers? Or when the Benghazi Embassy was attacked? Or when the Maersk Alabama was boarded by pirates? Or when the USS Cole was fired on? Or when when stationed troops in S Korea hold a presence to deter N Korean hostility? Or when NATO member states' interests are threatened? You know - the guys who were just as pivotal as the USA in keeping the Cold War, well - Cold.

James Monroe called - he said to tell you that the 21st century is now, and that if you have an isolationist mindset in a globalist era - you're gonna have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    So you are saying that if all our military men and women were back here, that those shootings would of never happened? Wake up. Stuff like that is going to happen anywhere in the world. When people say the military is fighting for our freedom and defending our country, it's one in the same. Without the men and women in the military, our country wouldn't be sh!t. They are the ones that stand between what we (the U.S.) have, and what other countries want to destroy. You don't have to be a genius to understand that.
    Why is it always that the country we live in is always protecting, and it's the other countries doing the destroying?

Think about it.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2013-02-07 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Are you just posting this to insult serving members of the forces or veterans that visit this forum?
    Neither. Learn to read what he said.

What he said was that he thinks that the people who support the wars the US are involved in 100% and think they are being fought 'for freedom'.

That has nothing to do with the soldiers. Soldiers go where they are ordered, and fight who they are ordered to fight. There are no insults there directed at them nor veterans.

The insults are actually leveled at the politicians and corporations who get involved in wars for their own gain. Its no secret that war is highly profitable for certain people, regardless of motivations. It bankrupts nations, but not corporations and banks supplying said nations.

People really need to learn this fundamental difference. Its not exactly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Piss poor? Oh Lord . The posts in this thread continue to get worse.

Wait. In your "educated" opinion based on no facts. The US is poor but it is hard to define based on criteria xxxx? I'm laying the sarcasm on pretty thick. Wanted to make sure you understood that given your limited intelligence capacity.

Out of sheer morbid curiosity. What country do you call "home"?
    Well, criteria are important here. If you say "rich" and then say "top of GDP rankings", that doesn't mean much. You might try and make a derogatory post, but you fail to include anything that would discredit the post you quote, or anything that would strengthen yours. In fact, you just ask my home country to see if you can get some flame in one way or another.

If you take the criteria of "rich", most people will not look at gross domestic product. But, go ahead, make unfunded refutes

I regret that the our beloved Europe sent all stupid people to USA, i guess stupid people didnt give birth to smart kids.

Infracted: Please refrain from insinuating that entire countries are inhabited by "stupid people", it's considered to be nation bashing and is against the rules.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-08 at 12:25 AM.

I love that I joined the military cause people like you. Small people in this world who hide behind their computer and can't defend themselves, their family, or make an effort to change a country for the better. Fighting for oil or money? Sure, big deal.. Like you don't fight the next guy for the job at the company, or that seat in the college class. Why let people walk on top of you when you can rise above?

I'd like to see you go face to face with the mother, father, brother or sister of a service member and tell them that their son, brother or sister is fighting for no good reason and doesn't deserve the respect or acknowledgement of the sacrifice they made.

We don't expect to be thank or honored. But you can expect we will fight for this country, whether you sit at you computer and bitch about it or not. Maybe driving your head through a wall isn't such a bad idea. Try a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Or when OBL flew a plane into the twin towers? Or when the Benghazi Embassy was attacked? Or when the Maersk Alabama was boarded by pirates? Or when the USS Cole was fired on? Or when when stationed troops in S Korea hold a presence to deter N Korean hostility? Or when NATO member states' interests are threatened? You know - the guys who were just as pivotal as the USA in keeping the Cold War, well - Cold.
    How many of said situations occur BECAUSE we have established this global military empire? Or do we not want to think about that possibility? If we stayed out of the Middle East to begin with, maybe they wouldn't have a reason to bomb us? Maybe if we choose not to continue destroying and exploiting their countries, they would stop too? Again, they don't hate us "because they hate freedom." That's a joke.