Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    So WoT is bad... but Kingkiller chronicles is good? There's only two books of it out and one of them is terrible. Don't get me wrong, Name of the Wind is probably the best debut novel in recent memory, but Wise Man's Fear was garbage, horrible pacing, terrible plot, little to no character development.. There is really nothing to save it.

Although I have to agree about the female characters in WoT, Egwene gets pretty badass in the later books, but other than that the female cast is fairly stereotype-tastic. I couldn't disagree more about Rand though, he can be quite annoying, but trust me, he is ANYTHING but a pussy. I'm only 1/2 way through Tower of Midnight, but he's kickin ass and taking names so far.

Okay, I'll give in to the fact that the 2nd book wasn't amazing, but it was not bad. Bland compared to the first novel, yes, kinda. But definitely not bad.

Even tho I've read the first 6 books of WoT multiple times, I've never been able to finish it. The newer books might have saved the series, but they were written by his son.
    Last edited by Thalamus; 2013-02-09 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    Okay, I'll give in to the fact that the 2nd book wasn't amazing, but it was not bad. Bland compared to the first novel, yes, kinda. But definitely not bad.

Even tho I've read the first 6 books of WoT multiple times, I've never been able to finish it. The newer books might have saved the series, but they were written by his son.
    Well, I find the WoT books amazing, and I've read the whole series two times, except the last book that came out last month. And I need to say I love them, and are considering reading them again, though I cant as a friend of mine is borrowing it :P
    The good thing about books, is that there is one for each taste.

So what I'm realy looking for is a book seriers kinda like WoT, lots of characters, lots of descriptions, lots of details. As long as it all moves towards something.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    You're thinking of Dune. Robert Jordan wrote the first 11 books. Brandon Sanderson, not his son, wrote the last 3.

As for Brandon Sanderson, his writing style is pretty similar in his other books as the WoT books he wrote. He said flat out when he took over that he wasn't going to try and copy Jordan's style. Sanderson's biggest strength IMO is his ability to create magic systems. He has a talent for creating completely unique and interesting magic systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I googled The Dark Tower, and it seems like a western style fantasy?
    I wouldn't classify it as a Western. The main character kind of has that flavor about him, but the universe in those books is just crazy. There's every kind of Fantasy Sci-Fi and other good stuff in there, and I just love the way King puts together characters.

I really cared about what was happening at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I wouldn't classify it as a Western. The main character kind of has that flavor about him, but the universe in those books is just crazy. There's every kind of Fantasy Sci-Fi and other good stuff in there, and I just love the way King puts together characters.

I really cared about what was happening at the end.
    Maybe I should check it out then
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, it has over 1000 pages and the next part of the series is coming this year.