Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    From a PvE point of view it´s a pretty huge nerf, because 1 evo gives me an approx 170k heal : 45s = 3777.77 hps. On PTR its 85k : 62.5 = 1360 hps. That´s a 64% nerf, which is pretty huge imho.
    You do understand that you can remove CD of evocation and half its channeling time? And mage giving shit about HPS? What the hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

To be completely honest, %100 heal in 15 seconds may not seem like much, but some mages will be able to 1v2 far more efficiently now. I doubt this change will have a huge impact on 3's where you can get interrupted much more, but this will certainly affect 2v2 and dueling. Still, %30 damage from ward is too good to pass, especially when you monitor and line it up with stuff.

Deleted
    I would never cast invo for healing, I just cast it to maintain the buff (as you can see in my math). It´s nice to have, especially on encounters like garalon or will heroic and pretty nice on sha heroic, when you are close to 66% in p1, standing there and eating bombs during the evo channel, with the 170k heal in mind as soon as evo completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Now mage can heal himself up to 100% over 15 seconds if enemy team will leave him alone. But again, it will be 1v2, 2v3, 4v5 for 15 seconds and can be ended really fast
    I believe you do not need Invocation at all to heal up in 15 seconds if you are left alone. A cookie will do the same...

I guess they're going to add some sort of cooldown to the glyph, so the heal can only occour ever so often.

If this goes live in it's current state and is not nerfed within a week after 5.2, well, I don't really care. Just never thought mages would get a heal like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people think that a 20% heal is OP, then surely Cauterise is gamebreaking.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    I guess they're going to add some sort of cooldown to the glyph, so the heal can only occour ever so often.

If this goes live in it's current state and is not nerfed within a week after 5.2, well, I don't really care. Just never thought mages would get a heal like that.
    If you're letting a mage freecast for that long, you deserve to be stomped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I talked about it with friend, he said that "mage can just cast evocation in front of melee and tank all damage, omg stupid change", lol, it was so wrong, i had nothing t say, but log off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Poor melee without any chances of controlling a spellcaster.

I'm amazed at the rage in this thread. Mages have to be one of, if not the most, looked after class in the game. They are always carefully watched and changed because it's blizzards most appealing class. If you think this nerf is going to break mages then you must not be aware of blizzards love towards mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Mages have to be one of, if not the most, looked after class in the game. They are always carefully watched and changed because it's blizzards most appealing class.
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Mage damage is just a mask for serious mechanical, rotational, and quality of life issue. In fact, strip the damage away and Mages would be as bad as warlocks pre-revamp.

Paladins take the title of 'most appealing class', by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you're letting a mage freecast for that long, you deserve to be stomped.
    How is your message relevant to what I just posted? Try and read it again scrub.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-02-09 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    How is your message relevant to what I just posted? Try and read it again scrub.
    It's very relevant, you said they'd add a CD on the heal to make it so mages can heal up that much/fast. He said you should be punished if you let a mage free cast for that long, which is true and I very much doubt they add any kind of CD on the heal. Just learn to interupt/ CC etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Invocation heals for 40% right now, so you all know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how Invocation will be able to heal as much as 2x flash heals will next patch, it's pretty easy to say it's pretty stupid they're adding EVEN MORE self-heals to the game. It's not like a mage isn't able to get several Invocations off in one poly. Assuming ofc Battle Fatigue won't work on invocation. If it will, then it's fine. If it won't? Then it's too strong for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    for a class that is not supposed to heal cause its not hybrid its alot of selfhealing , not to mention mages are extremly strong now and dosnt even have to cast to kill you in seconds with lances and ffb procs , and mana menagement is gone since they are "not designed to go oom" according to gc...
    Erm and those FFB proccs distill out of thin air? I see you really have a clue of how mages work, no wonder you loose to them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:24 PM ----------

No, just no.
    There is no "most appealing class" as appealing always hints at favor, which is highly subjective and depends on a LOT of variables.
    E.G. to me Paladings are not in the slightest appealing.
    Even if you want to bring the statistics gun, that tells us that paladins are the best represented class, i wont be frightened. Since this just tells you what people play, but not the reason they are doing this.
    Out holy pally for example plays his pally not cause he appeals to him, but cause we needed one and noone was volunteering.

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Mage damage is just a mask for serious mechanical, rotational, and quality of life issue. In fact, strip the damage away and Mages would be as bad as warlocks pre-revamp.

Like what?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Like what?
    Like what? Play a Mage at 90 and see for yourself.

L90 talents, lack of passive damage reduction (Flameglow really doesn't help those huge hits, only those small ones), rotations are awful, Fire is too RNG (too UP or OP), Arcane has a plethora of issues, we have shit for mobility (both moving and casting while moving), Frost scales for shit, and they continue to neglect our real issues.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Like what? Play a Mage at 90 and see for yourself.

L90 talents, lack of passive damage reduction (Flameglow really doesn't help those huge hits, only those small ones), rotations are awful, Fire is too RNG (too UP or OP), Arcane has a plethora of issues, we have shit for mobility (both moving and casting while moving), Frost scales for shit, and they continue to neglect our real issues.

oh and pet AI. My water elemental is dumb as a fucking rock(even with macro'd pet commands).

15+ Year Old Account
    Just roll a difference class if being a mage makes you this angry