Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play on an RP server and find this frustrating as well.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Maybe you just don't understand the subtle undertones and inflections surrounding the word "om" and "nom" which do not translate at all into text.
    You mean something like : "omm nòm nömnom nomnôm om òmmnom"?

Which translate to : Some will always look at something to complain about.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Honestly, with regards to the other races, pandaren should have some sort of asian-like language, but omnomnomnom is fine with me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    Honestly, with regards to the other races, pandaren should have some sort of asian-like language, but omnomnomnom is fine with me
    The Alliance human language doesn't look very english either though.

I meant if they put in as much effort as the other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Wait... RP'ers actually take a break from cyber to complain about the speech? How the hell do you type when you've got the side of your face on the screen, one hand on your dick, and the other being used to hug the monitor? Yes, I just went there.

Honestly, for the simple fact that RPers come across as creepy stalker types, they should just 'deal with it' when it comes to language. Truthfully, I've never met an RP'er who hasn't creeped all hell out of me. I mean sure, I can outrun them (because walking is for winners apparently), but they're like Quantum - there's an army of them and they can fit in anywhere. Running away just means that eventually, I'm going to be verbally assaulted by a group of them again.
    Way to generalize and insult an entire group of people. Come on now. Do you realize how ignorant you sound?

15+ Year Old Account
    I knew about it from the beta. I thought it was funny then, and I think it's funny now. Some people just have different tastes. You can't please everyone.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Yup, never used in game. Not too bothered about the nomnomnom language myself, even as an rper. Always seen the languages mainly there only to exclude people from your RP.

See thats it! The song of Liu Lang is an awesome sounding piece which suggests the pandaren having this ancient and well thought on language, and yet ingame they make a big joke of it and it doesn't come together.

Its like when we see the blood elves and there Thalassian, and we then see Sylvanas singing lament of the highbourne, this adds up.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I knew about it from the beta. I thought it was funny then, and I think it's funny now. Some people just have different tastes. You can't please everyone.
    funnies ok when it works right, not just being childish.

Don't judge their culture. I'm sure it's a perfectly legitimate method of communication.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the other races on Azeroth are too stupid to understand the Pandaren language so that's why they hear only omnoms (though mages can understand, if they want to). The Pandaren are highly evolved as we all know.

Also it's funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supersykke View Post
    Maybe the other races on Azeroth are too stupid to understand the Pandaren language so that's why they hear only omnoms (though mages can understand, if they want to). The Pandaren are highly evolved as we all know.

Also it's funny.
    Non-pandaren Mages can even speak it with the glyph, I should start doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Panda 1: "Oom Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom?"
    Panda 2: "Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!"
    Panda 1: "NOM NOM NOM, nomnomnomn"
    Panda 2: "Ooooom nom nom nom"

This, is by far one of the most annoying things currently in wow for me. To anyone whos not an rper they probably don't care much, but as an rper, seeing this joke played on by blizzard with there racial language barrier, if any perpetuation of what is childish about pandaren was ever present, its this it.

It feels like when any other race is talking in there racial language, that the the devs put some thought into it, tauren, troll, draenei, forsaken, seemed like they made the effort. This however, when trying to rp with someone, its worse then having someone coming to troll your event, because its consider a legitimate language?
    I totally agree, and I've realised it quite recently. Pretty much just after I've raceswapped to Panda.

The thing is, it's one of pretty minor, but still annoying insults to everybody who tries to find dignity in this expansion. I mean, from the first glance on the cover every player everywhere smirks and says "damn, so WoW's now a children game". And players like me, while inside of this game, concentrate on what makes this game at least a bit serious. Because yes, you're playing a bit too childish expansion for WoW, but at least there are some elements that are dark and adult... right?

No. Not right. Panda's say "Om nom nom om nom". Fuck you players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panda's, not a joke race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because despite playing the beta I wasn't even aware of it, since I was just focused on playing the game and not rping. when it came live on my rp server and saw the NOM NOM NOM speech, I realized I was to late to speak out.
    I thought it was just a placeholder for a real language, like everyone else I know... but Blizzard stuck with it and...Wow Blizzard...lazy lazy lazy...

10+ Year Old Account

omnomnom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    I think its quite funny tbh ;p
    Yeah, and apparently silly humour on normal realms gets priority over common sense on RP realms.

I thought it was bad enough with quests becoming memes and jokes, but this is the icing on the cake.

First we got ridiculous quests like Johnny Awesome, or retarded quests like John J Keeshan taking on an entire army by himself. It breaks immersion.
    Now we get a language that is a joke in and of itself. Seems Blizzard doesn't take their own lore serious anymore.

I mean, in vanilla there were also some jokes here and there. Like NPCs that had movie reference names.
    But seems like today you won't come across a serious zone anymore, the silly humour seems more important than actual lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    John J Keeshan taking on an entire army by himself. It breaks immersion.
    Good point, but brb. Gotta go solo the Firelord, Lich King, or take on hundreds of NPCs all by myself.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I get the occasional pop culture reference but frankly ever since Uldum the point came where it just wasn't really funny anymore as just picking up pretty much every bit of retarded crap, meme and whatever just got sort of old especially if it happens to be the repost of the repost of the repost of the facebook repost of the 9gag repost or something along the lines.
    Not that I was ever all in on lore before that but I haven't really read quest texts/dialogs/whatever in game since then.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-02-08 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, there's absolutely no way they can handwave or justify Alliance and Horde pandaren having a different language. Simply poking fun at the "situation" like this is preferable imo.

Wait..THIS actually ended up being the Racial's language?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.