Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes, created my own anti afk bot. Was using it for years in battlegrounds when I needed to jump somewhere and to avoid getting DCed because of server queue.

Yes, since WotLK, sometimes every day for a week, sometimes not for months, never have botted BGs, always gathering or fishing (or archaeology, got my zin'rokh that way back in the day), never have gotten bans, I even once was chatting to a GM while fishbotting (had forgot I had a ticket going and yes I did get scared for a moment x) )
    BG botting is something that ruins the game for others, mob grinding, gathering and fishing not so much. Also BG botting can get you banned (not permanently perhaps).

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    What's the point after all?
    You pay to play and enjoy the game, why would you pay extra and have something else play the game for you?
    You're totally missing the point of playing a "game".
    WoW without mindless grinding is fun for me. I do PvE and PvP and enjoy it just as much as I did before I started botting, I just dont have any gold problems and leveling professions is fast and easy as well as leveling chars after you have gotten bored of the same quests, same zones etc. I am saving time, while having the same amount of fun, Im not losing any of the game imo.

Relevant picture:
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2013-02-09 at 12:58 AM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Yes, I got a gathering bot farming ores 3 hours every night after I go to bed. Wich gives me a steady income of 500g a night, if I'm to lazy to prospect it and make even more profit of it.

I've also used BG bot on fresh 90s, had two bans from it because I forgot to put a timer on x] 3 hours and 72 hours. But wont be touching that shit again, I also lvl up alts for friends with it, and gain some more gold in payment.
    But yeah, I regret doing BG bots, as those ruin for so many people... And I hate those bots my self, so quit it months ago.

I also botted in Vanilla, received a ban then aswell, 3 days I think it was. Just some simple bot running in circles in AV.. :P

And to those who say us botters dont "enjoy the game because we pay for a program to play it for us", I play this game and realy enjoy it. And I have for 8 years now, what my bot does when I'm doing other stuff dosnt "lower the ammount of fun" I get from the game. I just helps me gather recourses to lvl professions or what ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

i tried a bot on a private server i sat up. See what it was all about. Was a fishing bot. Never got it to work, Didnt try hards either

Never used one in live game. Never gunna. Cheaters should all just die
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2013-02-09 at 01:11 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah not in WoW. I used a bot in Diablo 2 when I was really young but it took the fun out of the game and I stopped.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I never have. I think some dude in my guild did once (seems like he did it for fishing or something), but I never have done it myself.

Never and will never but i still wish i could use one without a risk of getting a ban for fishing ...oh how i hate fishing. played wow for years but i just cant be arsed to lvl that.
    also i dont think its really bad if someones uses a macro fpr prospecting since it should work like crafting professions anyway.
    but in the end... bottings sucks and every botuser should be banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had fishing bot to lvl up to 500 or so on. Was running it before getting to sleep, then sold shit in the morning, and runned it again when was on work. Had to spend almost a week with this schedule, i can't imagine how much time you need to spend if you are doing it normally
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

In World of Warcraft, its a little bit shady, I've used AutoHotKey which might not be a "true" bot, it is a bit similar to it, and an application that sends keystrokes to background applications. If that's not botting, then I have done no botting at all.

In Runescape on the other hand.........

I bot everyday of my life, I couldn't imagine going back to the manual way of things. The game simply isn't fun enough to play on its own.

I've never used one. Only thing I ever considered doing that was against the ToS was back last in BC I thought about selling my account, only because I needed some cash..

However, now if there was a bot that would do dailies for me i'd use it in a heartbeat. This is the first time in WoW I've actually done them because I feel they show a complete laziness in game design but they ARE needed to progress in the game. Also with my guild (who is full of RL friends which is why I stay) being total shit, I couldn't care less if I get banned. I've only played about 3 hours a week for the past two months anyway... and we raid 6 hours a week.

I have to wonder if people that use bots are the same people that complain casuals get everything handed to them.. I find certain areas of the wow community a bit hypocritical at times. Does rather amuse me though lol

Deleted
    Even tho i dont bot myself, not in WoW at least i can still understand it, because people have very different amounts of time to spend on WoW and they all are not equally talented on playing the AH and making gold.

So as long as other botters exist i dont mind people botting, one of my friends do it and i understand why because he cannot keep up with me due to working 8 hours a day and having kids, whereas i am unemployed and single without kids and i can spend any amount of hours i want on WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    Even tho i dont bot myself, not in WoW at least i can still understand it, because people have very different amounts of time to spend on WoW and they all are not equally talented on playing the AH and making gold.

So as long as other botters exist i dont mind people botting, one of my friends do it and i understand why because he cannot keep up with me due to working 8 hours a day and having kids, whereas i am unemployed and single without kids and i can spend any amount of hours i want on WoW
    Didn't know it was a race.

Botters are ridiculous people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Didn't know it was a race.

Botters are ridiculous people.
    If you play in a guild focused on PvE then you need to stay geared and do your dailys each day, if you dont have time for it then you will probably miss out on VP, Rep and Gold.

Short answer: Not everyone is a casual non-raider

10+ Year Old Account
    Started in vanilla, still do to this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Used a macro program to make a simple queue/click enter/jumpjumpjump macro for AFKaving in AV back in TBC. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhybridx View Post
    However, now if there was a bot that would do dailies for me i'd use it in a heartbeat.
    I guess that all the major bots have profiles to do dailies, atleast the one I use (HB) has.

People who bot are mean, and you shouldn't start doing it. .
    Last edited by Nest; 2013-02-09 at 08:40 AM.
    Hi

As long as there are tedious grinds in game (in every game that is) in order to get to play the good stuff there will always be botting.

I personally never cared enough to bot.