Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    Thx for advices about trinket. BTW can some1 explain in couple words what they changed in this RPPM, so trinkets are now not best upgrade gear for us like before?
    Any thing that gives you an "attack speed" buff in any way shape or form doesn't scale your Real PPM rate up like it used to.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Any thing that gives you an "attack speed" buff in any way shape or form doesn't scale your Real PPM rate up like it used to.
    Rapid Fire, Slice and Dice, 10% attack speed from dks/rogues etc.

Would still love to see what trinkets are best, hate being in the dark about this.

Deleted
    So if I valued the trinkets up till heroic like this (from best to worst)

Shado Pan Valor trink
    H Bottle
    H TiTM
    Relic
    Rentaki's Soul Charm
    Talisman of Bloodlust
    Bad Juju

Rune of Reorgination

How wrong would i be?

Once I hit Heroic I whink it will be H Talisman + Valor trink?

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Rapid Fire, Slice and Dice, 10% attack speed from dks/rogues etc.

Would still love to see what trinkets are best, hate being in the dark about this.
    Rapid fire gives ranged haste, so I'd say it still works. I honestly thing what I said is true unless is they change something internally or something about the bad 5.2 trinkets.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    So if I valued the trinkets up till heroic like this:

Shado Pan Valor trink
    H Bottle
    H TiTM
    Relic
    Rentaki's Soul Charm
    Talisman of Bloodlust
    Bad Juju

Rune of Reorgination

How wrong would i be?

Not sure on the rune, but according to my math that seems just about right with renatakis being slightly under the talisman. I'm also unsure of where the relic would go also.

Last I looked in FD earlier this morning, NM Rune showed up as a sizeable increase over both 2/2 Relic and 2/2 HC Bottle, for me. But I know she said those calculations are still to be taken with a grain of salt. From my experience comparing them that's the only one of the new trinkets that was worth consideration over the two that I'm using (aside from VP one, which I am not in competition with other raiders for so I am less concerned with it at the moment).

Deleted
    Not sure on the rune, but according to my math that seems just about right with renatakis being slightly under the talisman. I'm also unsure of where the relic would go also.
    Looks like rune proc is so tough to sim that no one knows what to do with it till someone actually has it. I just put it last automatically since our secondaries are pretty close together. Looks like it might be imba for some other specs like maybe bear tank and monk (not sure).

I might just replace the relic with Talisman or Rentaki normal, by the time I have access to them they will be figured out so I am not that worried about anything but maybe the first two weeks.

Has there been a tier in the past where you ran with old trinkets due to new ones being undertuned instead of rare? Seems weird, like they calculated the procs wrong or something. I think this is the main reason people are confused.

SO, being the most unlucky guy in the world with trinkets, having (upgraded) N Bottle and Relic, Shado-Pan should replace Bottle, and Talisman of Bloodlust (even normal version?) should replace Relic for me?

Cheers and thanks for taking this discussion.

Looks like rune proc is so tough to sim that no one knows what to do with it till someone actually has it. I just put it last automatically since our secondaries are pretty close together. Looks like it might be imba for some other specs like maybe bear tank and monk (not sure).

I might just replace the relic with Talisman or Rentaki normal, by the time I have access to them they will be figured out so I am not that worried about anything but maybe the first two weeks.

Has there been a tier in the past where you ran with old trinkets due to new ones being undertuned instead of rare? Seems weird, like they calculated the procs wrong or something. I think this is the main reason people are confused.
    Yeah, I personally don't think it'll be good and nothing can reliably sim it too. There are so many variables since it's under the RPPM system and it has a weird proc that has never been experimented with.

I don't like the relic because of its unreliability. I haven't done any calculations in regards to that, but some 522+ trinkets should be as good if not better because of their consistency in proc rates compared to the relic.

If there was a tier after dragon soul like there probably should've been (with the huge time it was out in comparison to most raids) then that would probably be the case for the H vial of shadows and the H cunning of cruel to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    SO, being the most unlucky guy in the world with trinkets, having (upgraded) N Bottle and Relic, Shado-Pan should replace Bottle, and Talisman of Bloodlust (even normal version?) should replace Relic for me?

Cheers and thanks for taking this discussion.
    Replace the bottle with the VP trinket and then you'd be pretty good with the talisman over the relic as I see it.

It happened a bunch in vanilla, but I'm not sure if that really counts because the game was much different back then.

Dragonspine Trophy (Or whatever the Gruul trinket was called) lasted for quite a long time too iirc.

Probably more examples I can't think of right now.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Tehstool and I have now answered every possible "WUT TRINKET DO I REPLACE 2DAY LOL?" scenario.

Read the last few pages if you have such a question, imo. Let's return to information about how the heroic trinkets stack up in BiS gear, if there is any.

is the shado pan assault 1 worth replacing the DMF card with? im asking because I'm not particularly a fan of having hit as a base stat on a trinket

if not ill just replace my terror lfr with it
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-03-05 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    is the shado pan assault 1 worth replacing the DMF card with? im asking because I'm not particularly a fan of having hit as a base stat on a trinket
    Yes, it's better than the relic of xuen.

Quote Originally Posted by kherber View Post
    Had the worst experience with relic yesterday. Was busy on the dummy adjusting some TMW /NTK settings , and it didnt proc until 52 seconds into the test.
    (BM) It might be statistically improbable, but man ..that convinced me to replace it ASAP.
    Its just to darn unreliable
    That's the downside to the Agility one, whereas the STR one procs so much it's kind of ridiculous. But in a raid setting I don't think I ever go more than 5-10 seconds (if that) without it proccing when the ICD is up. Actually, I've had it not proc until ~20 seconds or so at the start of the fight, but usually never goes 10+ seconds in the middle of the fights, shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if not ill just replace my terror lfr with it

Relic of xuen > RF TiTM

Rune of Re-Origination sounds amazing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Rune of Re-Origination sounds amazing!!!!
    Sounds amazing for ww monks! Not hunters!

I assume that you mean ranged, melee or spell haste (whichever is higher) right? Otherwise hunters will lose the benefit of RPPM scaling on ranged specific haste abilities like rapid fire and focus fire. I also assume that when you refer to non-melee specs you mean non-physical specs. Sorry to be picky about language but based on past history it's necessary to verify these things.

Yeah, sorry, I meant ranged/melee/spell haste for determining RPPM proc rate. And yes, clarification on Rune of Re-Origination: The *0.1 proc multiplier is for non-Agility users, not non-melee.
    Off topic again, but at least that's cleared up.

Tbh. This whole trinket situtation doesn't bother me that much. I mean if it does turn out that Heroic Bottle and the Rep Trinket are BiS. Imo we have it good, because i alrdy 510 Bottle just need to buy another trinket. Coming from a 10H guild thats nice knowing grabbing BiS gear is a joke. Not sitting there week after week and not seeing something drop. Like the God Damn Bracers from Stone Guards >.> But anyway

I don't like the relic because of its unreliability. I haven't done any calculations in regards to that, but some 522+ trinkets should be as good if not better because of their consistency in proc rates compared to the relic.
    I kind of hated it at the beginning of the tier (as I'd have really bad RNG streaks where it wouldn't proc until the tail end of my opening burst), but crit scaling really helped smooth it out for me.

I'll still eventually swap it out and run VP trinket/510 bottle, but I'm just not a huge fan of the 105 second ICD on the VP trinket. It'll be great for opening burst, but huge cooldowns like that just bother me.
    Last edited by Conando; 2013-03-05 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    Tbh. This whole trinket situtation doesn't bother me that much. I mean if it does turn out that Heroic Bottle and the Rep Trinket are BiS. Imo we have it good, because i alrdy 510 Bottle just need to buy another trinket. Coming from a 10H guild thats nice knowing grabbing BiS gear is a joke. Not sitting there week after week and not seeing something drop. Like the God Damn Bracers from Stone Guards >.> But anyway
    Guess it's something new... I personally hate doing dailies but I guess I have to now >_>