Thread: 2h or 1h...

2h or 1h...

Which is better for fury atm? I've always heard that it is SMF but I can't find any reason why that is...

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, they are VERY close in DPS. I do believe that SMF wins out a tiny bit (it sims a little over TG in t14h gear), but because it's by so little (about 500 last I checked) you should probably be basing it on what stats the weapons have and what weapons you currently have. In other words, unless you're a really high-end progression raider, you should just go with whatever weapons you get first. If you have the choice though, I'd say go SMF.

I don't personally have a level 90 warrior, these are just some things I simmed and heard from friends who raid heroic as Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sims down to two things:

1) If you TG set up is better than your SMF set up, and vice versa, use the better weapons.
    2) If the same gear and weapon set for both, swap based on fight. TG will rock over SMF for heavy AoE fights due to weapon damage and such. SMF will rock on single target over TG due to controlled rage generation and execute phase being much more reliable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Last I checked, they are VERY close in DPS. I do believe that SMF wins out a tiny bit (it sims a little over TG in t14h gear), but because it's by so little (about 500 last I checked) you should probably be basing it on what stats the weapons have and what weapons you currently have. In other words, unless you're a really high-end progression raider, you should just go with whatever weapons you get first. If you have the choice though, I'd say go SMF.

I don't personally have a level 90 warrior, these are just some things I simmed and heard from friends who raid heroic as Fury.
    You're missing a 0. Difference between SMF and TG is 6k single target in BiS. The gap is smaller or even reversed on some real fights where there's significant aoe or cleave dps, but that's what the difference is on single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feepit View Post
    Which is better for fury atm? I've always heard that it is SMF but I can't find any reason why that is...
    Single Minded Fury's passive grants you 35% increased damage to every attack you deal, because of that execute, heroic strike and wild strike hits harder for smf and grants the dps advantage over Titan's Grip in pure single target dps.