Best starter spec?

I just hit 90 on my hunter last night but I'm curious what the best spec for starting out is. At a low gear level and having difficulty reaching both hit and expertise caps, which spec will I see highest performance from (BM or survival)? Once I get to the raiding level I'll probably play whatever because from what I know they're fairly close? But at this gear level I'm sure there's a discrepancy.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

It's the opposite actually.. to start off both specs are relatively close to each other. SV sneaks ahead for a bit in normal gear. As you get more and more gear though, BM slowly inches ahead. With full bis it is ahead by ~3k dps (in perfect conditions of both specs). IMO just pick whichever spec you're more comfortable with.

There isn't a huge discrepancy at any level, really. In just regular five mans I find that SV is very strong because its AoE is massively superior to BM's, but honestly who cares about 5 man dps outside of challenge modes?

BM can nearly double boss damage compared to SV in higher end gear, simply because you can kill bosses before your cooldowns are over.

Do Heroics as SV, you'll be doing around 3-4 times the AoE DPS compared to BM. Switch to BM for most fights in raids.

Currently the only fights I use SV for are:
    -Stone Guards HC
    -Gara'jal(I am in Spirit realm duty) HC
    -Will of the Emperor HC(still progressing, but SV is pretty obvious here)
    -Wind Lord HC
    -Amber Shaper Normal(and hc probably)
    -Empress Normal(and hc probably)
    -Protectors Normal-Elite(if you do scumbag DPS, by dotting all the targets with SrS , otherwise BM)
    -(Might try SV on Tsulong HC when the time comes)

8 fights out of 16 as SV, Protectors, Tsulong, Gara'jal and Amber Shaper can be discussed, but as my guild usually puts Hunters(25m with 3 hunters) to kill the Amber bloods, I tend to be SV for the multi-dotting(Bloods + Boss + MC'd target).