Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I miss talent trees, but I miss spell ranks more. healing at level 60 with rank 1 spells was sooooo pro.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    No because everything Blizzard does is perfect and cannot be flawed.
    /Sarcasm? Can't tell...

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, do miss the old school talent trees. The progression through the tree while gaining bonuses for your moves here and there made me feel more powerful for every level I gained. I honestly wish they would incorporate the old talent tree for the straight upgrades and leave the new model for acquiring new abilities. Verbatim.
    Why do we only travel outwards in space? Lets try going up or down.

Bring back Warcraft, for Chen's sake.

I like the new talents much more most of them unique spells and i always like to try different spells.
    The old talent system was boring...atleast for me it was just check some high guild or rank 1 pvp player talents and copy them using it for the next patch and then check what they changed.... but maybe only i did this ...

Deleted
    I miss talent trees but I also miss support classes and their role.
    I know hybrids were mostly healers but still they were usefull

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Why is that?
    In the old talent tree, you were given cookie cutters. You lacked the freedom to really choose what talents you wanted. Honestly, you had to be forced to choose a certain path to raid or pve. I like having options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the trees. They were redundant in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    In the old talent tree, you were given cookie cutters. You lacked the freedom to really choose what talents you wanted. Honestly, you had to be forced to choose a certain path to raid or pve. I like having options.
    And you aren't now? Heh

Deleted
    Making abilities a little stronger each level, maybe every 10 levels or so get a class-changing ability.... Those were the days....

I want a refund for all the gold I spent on training.
    I only miss it while leveling toons, for max level characters the current system is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by forestfool View Post
    I miss talent trees but I also miss support classes and their role.
    I know hybrids were mostly healers but still they were usefull
    I can't say I miss support classes, as I very much like having my paladin be a viable tank, but I would love to see a bard style class, and I just can't see them working as anything but support so it could never happen in the current wow paradigm.
    Last edited by mmocf5d8a46da8; 2013-02-10 at 10:59 PM.

I think we should have a passive talent tree on top of the one we already have. It Would be awesome to get a point every lvl to put in the passive tree even if its cookie cutter.
    Last edited by crzyman007; 2013-02-10 at 11:02 PM.

I miss them. The new "talents" are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I liked the talent point every level but there were some talents I'm glad to see gone (like ones that increased a value by 1% each point up to 5%, so boring)
    With a lot of new talents, given the choice between them or a 1% increase to damage, I'd rather have the 1% increase to damage:-/

Deleted
    Yes, absolutely, the original ones from vanilla were just fine. There were compromises to be made and some tough decisions. This is how it should be and this allowed classes to be very different.

What we have now is a really big mess. So watered down, it's insulting. This is not skylanders Blizz. Please get a grip.

And you aren't now? Heh
    Not as much as back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully Rift and Swtor still have those to fill the fix of leveling gratification. Personally getting a level and getting 1% crit or block or haste was fun it made a level my level feel of strength and progression. Now leveling is more of a gating tool to 'unlock' the next zone you can level up in. Maybe after 3-5 zones you get a talent point! with the new set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like having to change specs on a fight by fight basis. I liked the old way a lot better.

Kinda wish they dropped glyphs altogether and baked those into more talents. having to change a glyph or a talent every raid fight is getting old. the stack of tomes to change the talents and glyphs takes up bag space ... I don't miss cookie cutter but i do miss the old style . I like the new style but i don't like the new style . 12 would be better than 6 evan if they all had less a effect.
    We still have people who take up raid time to run out to reforge or hearth and get summoned part of what they said they wanted to get away from with the old talent trees and respecing. Jeeves needs a damn reforge button ... how about some actual mathematically equal talents i got some cookie cutter still going on .
    It is lame to start a fight and go O damn i didn't change that... i miss the 2 to 3 min it took to set things up at the trainer. you left knowing you were ready instead of a min on every other pull ...

I do. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard eventually removes talents completely in order to make the game more appealing to new players.

Deleted
    Miss something that never did anything, required no thought, had no effect on anything and only got looked at for 5 seconds if i had to change specs ? why would i miss that

I don't really miss the old system, but I think that in the new system (same as with glyphs) it would've been nice if the things you can choose improve you somehow. Most of the talents and glyphs at the moment don't do anything useful...