Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So many haters in this thread that it is almost sickening.

As far as I am concerned, streamers earning money from ads/donations is the equivalent to actors, athletes, and other entertainers making their money.

People pay to be entertained. If somebody wants to donate to an entertainer for their "services" and you feel that they should be "shot" because of it, then I feel sorry for those who know you in real life. The jealousy and butt-hurt that I sense are abnormally high.

I haven't donated to Reckful, but I am definitely not against the idea now.

Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    This things I'm referring too was things he said directly to the before mentioned nameless Youtube guy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 03:33 PM ----------

No. No. no no (filling the 10 chars)
    So i take it you donated all you'r money to charity rather than say, spending it on some form of entertainment? am i right? one can only asume that you did

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what others spend their money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I don't care what others spend their money on.

Exactly. I would never donate to some random gaming stream (hell I would never even watch this type of thing), but how can anyone begrudge someone making (or trying to) a living doing something they enjoy doing and something that others (apparently) enjoy watching?
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Exactly. I would never donate to some random gaming stream (hell I would never even watch this type of thing), but how can anyone begrudge someone making (or trying to) a living doing something they enjoy doing and something that others (apparently) enjoy watching?
    I can only think of one way to explain it.. and that is because people are (at some level) jealous. After all, who (on these forums) doesn't want to get money for gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Sxe View Post
    I've gotta say i disagree. But each to their own opinion, hey? ;p Reckful has earned (this is from his own mouth) 60k in 3months. Also thats not including the 10k donation and any other donation he got since he said that. One more thing. Wow pvp might be shitty FOR YOU to watch. But there are 100's of thousands of people who enjoy watching pvp/wow related things. Probably the reason (using reckful for an example here) has almost 18million channel views right now. Not bad for wow pvp streamer if you ask me.
    Thats my point, the "Reckfuls" of starcraft and League of Legends have twice as much viewers than the wow Reckfull.
    WoW high level PvP is dead and we should demand more from the biggest mmo in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Thats my point, the "Reckfuls" of starcraft and League of Legends have twice as much viewers than the wow Reckfull.
    WoW high level PvP is dead and we should demand more from the biggest mmo in the market.
    I think it's more to do that WoW is just not an ideal game for watching. WoW PVP is just a visual clusterfuck and confusing as hell to watch for people not familiar with every single ability, CC, and mechanic. In contrast "2D" (referring to the viewpoint) games like LoL, StarCraft are much easier to watch and understand for even people who don't play the games.

Deleted
    just a way how to boost your publicity and increase your value

*tinfoilhat*

The "Donations" are payments for their arena carries and various other illegitimate WoW activities.

Don't take this post too seriously.

it's his job. the only difference is, the pay is not guaranteed.

Curious if they don't have to pay taxes for these "donations" to private people at these amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, I didn´t watch any of the vids or whatever, so, what are these donations for exactly?
    Your run of the mill keep up the good work type of donation.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    it's his job. the only difference is, the pay is not guaranteed.
    Exactly, it's kind of a shitty job even if the donation money is good. It's not an enviable position at all. You see, players like Reckful are stuck playing WoW for the rest of their streaming career whether they want to or not, because that's what they depend on to make a living. Some of them are young and are still in college, so I guess they can get away with it for a while. They switch to another game, and they lose the viewership. Unless they have awesome speech skills like Jesse Cox who started with WoW, but then branched out to variety gaming and with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Curious if they don't have to pay taxes for these "donations" to private people at these amounts.
    Sodapoppin, another one that recieved a ridicilous amount of money, said he have to pay taxes of the donation. (He got 41k from Amhai..)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tsunny View Post
    So many haters in this thread that it is almost sickening.

As far as I am concerned, streamers earning money from ads/donations is the equivalent to actors, athletes, and other entertainers making their money.

People pay to be entertained. If somebody wants to donate to an entertainer for their "services" and you feel that they should be "shot" because of it, then I feel sorry for those who know you in real life. The jealousy and butt-hurt that I sense are abnormally high.

I haven't donated to Reckful, but I am definitely not against the idea now.

Exactly this!

I've watched Reckful a number of times and he's kept me entertained on all those occasions! I tend to watch mainly Evrelia or Allinity now whenever I go on twitch... I've only ever made one donation and that was to Evrelia. I like being able to ask questions and get answers... something you can't get on the top streamers cause their chat goes mental with fanboys :P

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snookiee View Post
    But am just baffled at that amount of money. Is this the beginning of some sort of super-fanboyism?
    Beginning of online gaming messianic era?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Says thank you 0 times.
    was thinking the same thing

those donations were not fake, soda got 41k $, and he gave like 10k $ to reckful and cdew, and some other smaller donations to other streams,

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    I was expecting reckful to be a srs ass mother fucker but he is adorable in every sense of the word.

Also I think it's funny how every good pvper has quit because this game sucks but comes back for some reason.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2013-02-14 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    online streaming and donations herald the new www era