Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The problem with this particular discussion is that BOTH groups data is hard to trust. There are DEFINITELY a nice amount of unreported cases as well as things that by all logic shouldn't be rape(the drunk consentor). BUT as for the mens side it also depends. Becayuse not ALL are real rape(of course i am NOT saying even .01% are false).

My point is that i can think of no finer subject to quote mark twain with. "There are three kinds of lies.Lies, damned lies and statistics"

Thus i'd say neither party can TRULY claim victory but that both can also agree that there is a problem on both sides.
    Claiming that all data should be thrown out because you don't have any that suggests you are right is probably a logical fallacy, but I don't feel like looking it up right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I cited one only last page. And everytime we talk about rape I spam studies showing how false accusations are very rare.

But as usual you ignored posts that inconveniences your obvious need to bash me.
    Ummm i didn't see it. And part of it is that alot of your posts as i ahve said before tend to be a bit too close to my known extremist sister.

Also if you're not going to quote where i have been bashing women outright i shouldn't have to quote when you've been kinda crazy in your own way.

The problem with this particular discussion is that BOTH groups data is hard to trust. There are DEFINITELY a nice amount of unreported cases as well as things that by all logic shouldn't be rape(the drunk consentor). BUT as for the mens side it also depends. Becayuse not ALL are real rape(of course i am NOT saying even .01% are false).

My point is that i can think of no finer subject to quote mark twain with. "There are three kinds of lies.Lies, damned lies and statistics"

Thus i'd say neither party can TRULY claim victory but that both can also agree that there is a problem on both sides.
    1 or 2 men being falsely accused for every 20, 30, 40, 50 women who don't get justice for being raped are NOT equal.

As bad as it is for the 1 or 2 men falsely accused, how much more so the suffering of those dozens of women and the loved ones who have to help them cope with it?

Equivocating two facets of this issue when the actual numbers involved are not equal just serves to give more focus and attention to the numerically lesser one at the expense of the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    No, I'm just shocked that atleast one of my friend males is rapist and should be in jail.
    Why do you think that? Statistics have no such meaning on a personal level, or on such small sample sizes as an average person's friends (unless you are using, say, facebook friends as the criteria). It is entirely possible that all of your male friends respect the bodily integrity of women.

And second, that 20%+ of all women lives in lies and fear.
    This is slightly incorrect. One in three women fear rape on a monthly basis; one in three women consider the threat of rape a constant danger in the background; and another one in three women takes precautions against rape even while claiming to not be worried by the possibility of rape. To differing extents, almost all women alter their routines, living arrangements, appearances and even education or career choices to avoid rape.

Gordon, M. T., & Riger, S. (1991). The female fear: The social cost of rape. University of Illinois Press.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Claiming that all data should be thrown out because you don't have any that suggests you are right is probably a logical fallacy, but I don't feel like looking it up right now.
    My point is that both sides are likely citing extremes and maybe the truth is somewhere closer to the middle.

My point is that both sides are likely citing extremes and maybe the truth is somewhere closer to the middle.
    You have cited nothing. You have brought up no studies or anything else that supports your viewpoint. You don't get to just magically assume the truth is 'closer to the middle' of a viewpoint that is stated, studied, and referenced, and a viewpoint that is just some guy talking about like, personal experiences, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    1 or 2 men being falsely accused for every 20, 30, 40, 50 women who don't get justice for being raped are NOT equal.

As bad as it is for the 1 or 2 men falsely accused, how much more so the suffering of those dozens of women and the loved ones who have to help them cope with it?

Equivocating two facets of this issue when the actual numbers involved are not equal just serves to give more focus and attention to the numerically lesser one at the expense of the greater good.
    Greater good to me is ensuring freedom for ALL innocents. And yes that may give rapists an advantage but it also tries to ensure that the innocent are not harmed...And part of it is a culture that it seems prevents women from reporting.

If more women would report/feel comfortable doing so then alot of this would start to go away i suspect.

Ummm i didn't see it. And part of it is that alot of your posts as i ahve said before tend to be a bit too close to my known extremist sister.
    You seem to have some sort of sister issues. It's like you can't talk about women without going "you're just like my sister and that's bad!!!1111one"
    And TBH you sound WAY too much like my sister..As in almost if not identical and THAT is NOT good.
    Heh who said random. Also WHO THE FUCK SAID I'M ALWAYS THE VICTIM no my sister plays that card.
    your idea of rape includes statutory and bad decision making on the same level. As such i cannot agree with you...My sister would however.
    i get this EXACT SAME STUFF from my own sister. And guess what EVERY PERSON(yes EVERY person both male and FEMALE even our parents) i know with even a LICK of reason agrees that she's not exactly all there about gender stuff.
    My sister is a feminazi with anti white racist tendencies and OBVIOUS sexism against men.
    I'm sorry but you remind me of my sister and that's NOT a good thing seeing as even our mom has noticed she's quite sexist towards men(and racist towards white people but that's for another debate).
    WOW do you sound like my sister. Actually you're even MORE sexist than her and she's also anti white.
    LOL nah my sister thinks that way about both men AND white people.
    you are about as bad as my sister and that is not good at all.
    Then again if you ARE like my sister even half as much as i suspect thren nothing anyone in this entire multiverse has to say will change your mind.
    But seriously man you sound like my reverse racist feminazi stereotype following sister.
    Crazy feminists like my sister.
    meet my sister and me i am generally consodered to be more mature than her in many if not most areas and have a better grasp on the real world yet i am 25 and live with our parents. She on the other hand is 32 and has been on her own since 18.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2013-02-11 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Greater good to me is ensuring freedom for ALL innocents. And yes that may give rapists an advantage but it also tries to ensure that the innocent are not harmed...And part of it is a culture that it seems prevents women from reporting.

If more women would report/feel comfortable doing so then alot of this would start to go away i suspect.
    Not going to happen with the way you're treated by society when you report rape.

this modern world is filled with many jaded souls. I pity them.

women think every man is a rapist.
    men think women are all sluts/gold diggers
    whites think blacks will mug them
    blacks think whites are all racists..

when I walk down the street, I see people. nothing more, nothing less. I bear them no ill will and until they show me that they do, I will be as pleasant to them as I would my own kin.

its a sad world we live in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    No, only one side is citing anything.
    I've seen plenty of people on both sides citing criminal rape reports from various places around the globe. One goes with known convictions the other reports of possible scenarios and cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think all men are rapists. But sadly... you come equipped to. But I don't put myself in situations where I think you can or try to allow myself to be in any venerable situations around men I don't know alone I just have to because it's what society teaches can happen, and does happen. If a day comes where men NEVER rape women ever again then that 'nagging doubt' can be put to rest and all women can just be comfortable around all men regardless of whether they know them.

It's like asking why you're afraid of being around a pet snake. It's most likely not going to bite you, it's trained not to. But it can. Those who are afraid can not be faulted for it. Just accept that they are.

I don't think Women need to keep raging on about it like a few do, but you do need to acknowledge that Women who have been raped/almost raped are well within their rights to harbor a fear of men and being understanding of it.

I SAY UNDERSTANDING. Know what 'understanding' is. Irrational accusation is not the same and anyone making you feel like you've been painted unfairly needs to thrown a couple of harsh words back.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

You point is logically invalid because this is just a really damn obvious fallacy of argument from middle ground, and moreover your side isn't citing anything valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    this modern world is filled with many jaded souls. I pity them.

women think every man is a rapist.
    men think women are all sluts/gold diggers
    whites think blacks will mug them
    blacks think whites are all racists..

when I walk down the street, I see people. nothing more, nothing less. I bear them no ill will and until they show me that they do, I will be as pleasant to them as I would my own kin.

its a sad world we live in.
    I tend to view the world the same often. Man women black white. I don;t really care. A homo sapien is a homo sapien regardless of differences. It's the individual VIEWS that change such things. In my case i might be a bit more careful around women on occasion but by and large i am neutral till shown otherwise.

You don't know what it's like to be a woman who's been raped. Neither do I.

I'm an overgrown gorilla of a man, I can never understand a woman's position on this issue to the same degree they do. I don't walk anywhere afraid, and I don't have to. A woman does. That's a burden me and most men do not have to deal with.

I can see it logically, and I can also see how women are the preyed-upon gender, at least much more so than men are by women or other men. In light of the abuse so many women go through, it's not valid to say that a douchebag here or there gets in trouble for sleeping with a drunk girl who "cries rape" equals the numbers of woman who have to suffer the aftermath of a rape. They're not equivalent.

Deleted
    I'm an average guy and here is how I think about this whole situation:
    - women who avoid males in broad daylight(switching sides or taking other directions just because you have a guy that is taller than you going the same way) on a street that has other people walking, that female is a moronic weirdo that I wouldn't even wanna look at, I've known a few in real life, bunch of stuck up bitches waiting for their white knight man slave to appear in their lives, and treating any other that don't give them praise for breathing like crap.

- guys who suggest women should walk fearless at night, unattended or even during early morning late evening. get fucking real, would you be as brave to let your girlfriend/mother/daughter do that? I'm an average guy and I've known enough dudes who need only a drink to do the most braindead things that they would not normally do.You just have to face the truth, and even if you are a macho guy who thinks you can walk around at night like others have said here, wait till you get shanked on an alley or get your face smashed by a few assholes and then talk tough.
    Last edited by mmoc0964073682; 2013-02-11 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You point is logically invalid because this is just a really damn obvious fallacy of argument from middle ground, and moreover your side isn't citing anything valid.
    Neither is yours though. At least not in the way you want it to. You're arguing potentials like it's definitive proof.

To be honest I think it's fine if women want to take precautions. What truly bothers me is when I'm the bad guy for suggesting someone take a cab home instead of walking home alone at night half drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Don't trust strangers, even less so when it's dark outside. Even less so if I'm alone. It's not that I think every man is one, it's that I don't want to risk one being one if I meet them alone. Doesn't hurt to be cautious, rather avoid them.
    We live in such a nice world.

I'm glad I live in a small town where people still act a little bit normal. Shit happens here also but I don't think people are as paranoid as you.

Sure hope they aint OP. Guess it depends where you live?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Neither is yours though. At least not in the way you want it to. You're arguing potentials like it's definitive proof.
    I have cited numerous academic studies on this subject. I have no idea what "potential" you think I'm arguing.

What truly bothers me is when I'm the bad guy for suggesting someone take a cab home instead of walking home alone at night half drunk.
    Yes, and shame on all none of us who called you a bad guy for suggesting that in this thread.