Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaidan View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what kind of science, reserach or statistics do you believe in? Or is this a matter similar to religious faith to you? What source of information would be necessary to at least indicate some numbers of reference of rape statistics?
    Well, I guess with some really thorough and unbiased scientific study you could maybe get a ballpark figure. But as far as these subjects go, to me, there is no such things solid proof. (Of course we're talking about "unreported" rape figures here, actual rape is obviously much easier to document and for that reason much more reliable).
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    He never said rape
    He described rape. Which is what I said, so why are you strawmaning me yet again?

Oh right, the same fantasy mode you used to find 18% sooooooo much higher than 17%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Well, I guess with a some really thorough and unbiased scientific study you could get maybe get a ballpark figure. But as far as these subjects go, to me, there is no such things solid proof.
    EXACTLY what i was tryingt o say. This subject is as emotionally charged as relion and politics maybe more so in fact.

All the anti-feminists in my life are assholes that treat women like crap so I really don't like them. An anti-feminist to me is a person that wants all men to be superior rather than equal.
    How about instead of just stating that "everyone else" or "everyone in this group," we all try to treat anyone the best we can. Try them with respect, and kindness. Unfortunately as other people have stated, this world has become, do what ever the hell they want as long as you don't get punished in some way for it. People need to especially stop looking at the opposite sex, as just sex objects, and treat people correctly as human beings. Have a state of mind, of "look she can paint so well, and has a kind heart," instead of the horrible, "I want a piece of that ass." That is so wrong.

Women anger towards men, and men anger towards women have got to stop. To be angry with them because they are male or female is absurd. To be angry with anyone because of if they are male or female, or have (insert ethnicity of parents) is horrible.

People need to stop acting like there are superior to others as well.

To everyone that wants to hurt someone for any reason, please don't. Please treat everyone with kindness. But people won't they will continue to be horrible to each other and complain when other people are horrible back to them.

Well, I've had enough of Sorrior's wanton, senseless hatred and hateful bashing for no reason - I'm out. If you want me to see anything Arganis feel free to PM it to me (or post it and PM the link). But given that your opinion is apparently "I don't like the conclusions of scientists on this topic so I'm dismissing everything they say", I doubt it.

Deleted
    Not afraid, Cautious.

You would be cautious too if you where surrounded by things big enough and strong enough to overpower you with little effort required. This is something my 'feminist' friend once explained to me, women have to be aware of their surroundings and potential threats all the time. "Does that guy up ahead whos a clear foot taller then me and built like a brick shithouse mean me any harm? why is he looking at me like that? Hes stood right next to that alley entrance." etc etc

Id love to live in a world where no meant no and rape was unheard of but sadly we dont live in that world and it means women need to be cautious around potential risks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    He described rape. Which is what I said, so why are you strawmaning me yet again?

Oh right, the same fantasy mode you used to find 18% sooooooo much higher than 17%.
    Ooooh or maybe you MISREAD STUFF. Maybe just MAYBE he didn;t say that but you assume he did.

His post made PERFECT sense to me and i didn't see him saying rape was cool if you endanger yourself.

You don;t seem to realize that just as i have displayed bias so are you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:04 PM ----------

Well, I've had enough of Sorrior's wanton, senseless hatred and hateful bashing for no reason - I'm out. If you want me to see anything Arganis feel free to PM it to me (or post it and PM the link). But given that your opinion is apparently "I don't like the conclusions of scientists on this topic so I'm dismissing everything they say", I doubt it.

Yes my wanton hatred in reply to your close mindedness.

As usual this kind of thread devolved in to pointless bickering...

When i was 10 my mother told me that i shouldn't go to the fair visiting town with my friends, because "a kid from a neighboring town was found with missing organs"... I was fucking terrified for weeks (think Tweek from south park). I didn't even let my little brother go out on the street to play. Fear is intended to prevent harm. People don't realize that this fear is a tool of self preservation that helped women when there was no police and laws to protect them.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-11 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

He never said rape you merely intoned that in his text yourself.
    Yes he did. Unless "then you're bound to find a couple men who's idea of romance is indeed you passed out drunk, getting rammed without your consent." is somehow referring to something else than rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    How about instead of just stating that "everyone else" or "everyone in this group," we all try to treat anyone the best we can. Try them with respect, and kindness. Unfortunately as other people have stated, this world has become, do what ever the hell they want as long as you don't get punished in some way for it. People need to especially stop looking at the opposite sex, as just sex objects, and treat people correctly as human beings. Have a state of mind, of "look she can paint so well, and has a kind heart," instead of the horrible, "I want a piece of that ass." That is so wrong.

Women anger towards men, and men anger towards women have got to stop. To be angry with them because they are male or female is absurd. To be angry with anyone because of if they are male or female, or have (insert ethnicity of parents) is horrible.

To everyone that wants to hurt someone for any reason, please don't. Please treat everyone with kindness. But people won't they will continue to be horrible to each other and complain when other people are horrible back to them.
    Again i agree with this as well. Despite what some here think my issues are not with women but with extremists..Thus individuals not genders or groups.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

When i was 10 my mother told me that i shouldn't to the fair visiting town with my friends, because "a kid from a neighboring town was found with missing organs"... I was fucking terrified for weeks (think Tweek from south park). I didn't even let my little brother go out on the street to play. Fear is intended to prevent harm. People don't realize that this fear is a tool of self preservation that helped women when there was no police and laws to protect them.
    Fear is also being abused these days as well. If anything i'd say our society is TOO fear based by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It makes me wonder why posters even still try.

Well, I guess with some really thorough and unbiased scientific study you could maybe get a ballpark figure. But as far as these subjects go, to me, there is no such things solid proof. (Of course we're talking about "unreported" rape figues here, actual rape is obviously much easier to document and for that reason much more reliable).
    The statistics are not intended to be solid proofs, but exactly ballpark figures. Statistics are an estimation. By biased studies you perhaps include:

"National Institute of Justice & Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women Survey",
    "U.S. Department of Justice. National Crime Victimization Survey"
    "U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, Sex Offenses and Offenders"
    "1998 Commonwealth Fund Survey of the Health of Adolescent Girls"
    "U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. 1995 Child Maltreatment Survey"
    "World Health Organization. 2002"

Amongst others, as the list can be extended tenfolds. Would you perhaps help me in the direction of a survey you would find satisfactory, in which case I might be able to present one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirjotusvihe View Post
    Yes he did. Unless "then you're bound to find a couple men who's idea of romance is indeed you passed out drunk, getting rammed without your consent." is somehow referring to something else than rape.
    Ok i admit i had forgotten that part. I still don't think he meant it the way it sounds. I've been known to misphrase things even worse then that by accident myself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:08 PM ----------

The statistics are not intended to be solid proofs, but exactly ballpark figures. Statistics are an estimation. By biased studies you perhaps include:

"National Institute of Justice & Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women Survey",
    "U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. 1995 Child Maltreatment Survey"

Amongst others, as the list can be extended tenfolds. Would you perhaps help me in the direction of a survey you would find satisfactory, in which case I might be able to present one?
    See THOSE are the kinds of sources i was trying to ask semaphore by name. I never saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post

My post was written as a sarcastic response to another poster, please don't take it out of context.

15+ Year Old Account
    You described rape, and then said you "can't cry" when things happened to you. I don't know why you're acting like the implications aren't clear as day.
    Well I guess you got me. That certainly could have been clarified some, like I did in later posts. You're free not to believe me but the bit about morality being a two way street didn't at all implicate that rape was ok. At least that's not how I meant it. I think it's obvious what I've been trying to preach isn't that people who live dissolute lifestyles deserve to be raped but that maybe they should reform themselves a bit if they don't want to take so many risks.

To be honest I'm not sure how to say this for you to get it. I'm a very honest person and I'm not trying to weave a tangled web. So let me tell you right now that my point is people should behave less like animals and then maybe the world wouldn't be such an ugly place. That's basically my point.

Again I don't think anybody "deserves" to be raped and I don't think rape is "ok" under any condition or circumstance. You know it wouldn't make much sense for somebody basically preaching morality to say rape is ok under any circumstance, so I'm not sure why you're so hell bent on proving that that's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirjotusvihe View Post
    Ya but the "you can't cry bit" is in separate paragraph for a reason. Listen, if you want to believe that I meant something else than what I'm saying I meant than go ahead. I won't stop you.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 01:14 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Cuz the amount of rapists are to damn high?
    Insert meme

hunt down rapists and burn them on the fire.. Then ladies wont have to so afraid

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're really scared they should take self defense classes, hit the gym, carry a weapon and keep their cell close. Those should make up for the lack of physical strength. Don't be afraid of people, you can be just as fucked up as they are if you wanted to be. But yeah...not every guy wants to rape you, lol...even if you're super attractive. The ones that do that shit lack empathy.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

You're right. They don't rape for no reason or at random. No, they prey on those who are vulnerable. And they rape because they are animals who have no respect for another person's bodily integrity, because they enjoy the rush of using violence or power to dominate another person, because they are amoral bastards who think they can get away with it.

In the real world, 90%+ of rapists don't go to jail.

That graph is ridiculous. You cant freely assume that everyone is a rapist. Most of these people are actually falsely accused. The 2 black stats in the lower right is probably when the woman openly admit lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Cuz the amount of rapists are to damn high?
    Insert meme

hunt down rapists and burn them on the fire.. Then ladies wont have to so afraid
    Obviously too many people are either trying to say hello or messing up the ending dance LOL.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:14 PM ----------

Well I guess you got me. That certainly could have been clarified some, like I did in later posts. You're free not to believe me but the bit about morality being a two way street didn't implicate that rape ok. At least that's not how I meant it. I think it's obvious what I've been trying to preach isn't that people who live dissolute lifestyle deserved to be raped but that maybe they should reform themselves a bit if they don't want to take so many risks.

To be honest I'm not sure how to say this for you to get it. I'm a very honest person and I'm not trying weave a tangled web. So let me tell you right now that my point is people should behave less like animals and then maybe the world wouldn't be such an ugly place. That's basically my point.

Again I don't think anybody "deserves" to be raped and I don't think rape is "ok" under any condition or circumstance. You know it wouldn't make much sense for somebody basically preaching morality to say rape is ok under any circumstance, so I'm not sure why you're so hell bent on proving that that's my point.

Ya but the "you can't cry bit" is in separate paragraph for a reason. Listen, if you want to believe that I meant something else than what I'm saying I meant than go ahead. I won't stop you.
    Some people can't seem to get the idea of misphrasing and clarification.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    That graph is ridiculous. You cant freely assume that everyone is a rapist. Most of these people are actually falsely accused. The 2 black stats in the lower right is probably when the woman openly admit lying.
    Why i don't buy that image but i do listen to statistics with good sources.

15+ Year Old Account

Call me paranoid but, like I said, if the subject is flimsy then I ignore the study. I get that the numbers are high and I never said they weren't. That much I guess can be "proved" by the study. But to use these like some kind of irrefutable proof with which to draw a shit ton of other conclusions. No, sorry but that's where I draw the line..
    Facilis Descensus Averno