Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's impossible since the definition of rape implies "forced penetration". According to the law a woman can't rape a man. Period.
    According to what law? Imaginary ones you made up in your head doesn't count. Period.

Really, you're just being deliberately obtuse. Not every country in the world uses your archaic definition (even the FBI doesn't anymore), and in others there are legal equivalents that cover this kind of sexual assaults and will be recognised as rape in general parlance. And talking about what it "implies" is just ridiculous. The law is a matter of semantics, either it includes it or it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    If they are both too drunk to consent, then how did they have sex? If neither of them were too drunk to consent, then it isn't an issue. If only one of them is too drunk to consent, then the other raped them. It's really very simple to understand, if you would just look at it rationally.

But tacking on that "regret cries rape" appeal to hysteria at the end bit you tacked on, tells me "look at it rationally" is a forlorn hope.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:49 AM ----------

I first asked you two pages ago and you still haven't found any.
    But if a women consents to sex while she is too drunk to think rationally then you would say she had been raped, if two people are in that state of mind then it cant be rape. But by your definition it would have to be. There are more then two levels of drunk, and if both people are conscious enough to have sex while not being in the right mind to legally consent then did they rape each other? And the "regret cries rape" isnt an appeal to hysteria when ive been through the exact situation i stated.

Seriously?

What man walks down the street afraid of a woman?

Some of you guys need to stop listening to men's rights fanatics and wight-wing talk radio.

I walk down the street and don't really worry about anyone male or female. I mean, is it a little guy thing? I can't imagine a guy my build or size being afraid walking down the street. Is this a little guy phenomenon?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I unsubbed because TBH i realize when it;s not good to continue a debate. Hell i won;t even SAY some of the stuff i've seen people say/ask in reply to your posts before for fear of being banned. But lest just say alot of people aren't as pleasant as i am.
    All I'm hearing from this is that after all your numerous accusations of my "radical views", you still can't show a single case of me saying any such thing. I guess it's too much to ask that you stop spewing hateful slanders that you can't prove every time you see me post.

I don't know about you, but I lock my car and my house when I'm not inside either of them. Do I expect to be robbed? No. Would I be a complete moron to not take basic safety precautions? Yes.

Rape is just one more thing that women have to consider that men (in general) do not. Some may be paranoid about it, but there are also people who are paranoid about their safety or health.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-02-11 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I just don't like all these people assuming i'm anti woman when i moreover want both genders to have decent chances and a lot of sexual laws at least from a male perspective tend to side with women pretty heavily.
    I say this with no intended disrespect, but you do realize men have an upper hand to hurting women in a sexual manner? You're the ones with the pointy end, after all. I do acknowledge the fact that a woman can rape a man (or indeed a man can rape another man), but I'm sure we can agree it's more common the other way around.

If asked directly, I would say my views are rather feminist. I push for equality in all things. However, this particular area is the one where women will end up with a shorter stick very easily no matter how equal we otherwise succeed in being. I would not say I only strive for gender equality either, I would love for a world to exist where everyone can expect to have a similar standard of living without having to fear of dying of hunger or the elements - and not just in the "west". Call me some sort of a communist if you will, but as a utopia, that one might just work.

All in all, I'd say you people need to simmer down a bit. What Semaphore and Tiili are saying is pretty much sensible, and I get the point Sorrior (and the rest of you guys) is making, and it seems to me you're just talking right past each other. If there is no consent, it's a sexual assault/rape, but if a girl gives consent and regrets it later she should not just go out and scream rape. Did this sum it up?

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    But if a women consents to sex while she is too drunk to think rationally then you would say she had been raped, if two people are in that state of mind then it cant be rape.
    Because, as I said, two people who are too drunk to consent aren't going to be having sex.

But by your definition
    You mean by the strawman definition you just made up and then lied by pretending it's mine. What you're doing is taking a case of people who are NOT too drunk to consent and say "if they had sex then according to you its rape!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    For me personally, I wont be hesitant walking near guys during the day. If it's night and the area isn't well populated/busy then I'll probably be a little apprehensive. Only because I'm weak and there would be nothing I could do if such a thing was to happen to me. Better safe than sorry and all that. I'd prefer to be rude than to take my chances alone in the dark with someone.
    Exactly. My first and second post in this thread say that women have every right to protect themselves. A girl I lived with was afraid of our neighborhood so I often waited for her at the Subway station and walked home with her.

Problem here is certain posters think that is sexist of me...

I find that smiling politely at people who seems anxious makes them feel stupid that they thought whatever they're facial expressions would imply they thought.

Because women know that they're usually seen as easier targets than males, and because it's much more common to hear about male rapists than female ones. I believe it's much better to err on the side of caution, because that "oh it won't happen to me" has probably been thought by a lot of rape and murder victims. I admit to being afraid to go out alone for these reasons, and because I know that I don't have the combat knowledge or physical strength to fight anyone off.

One thing I have found out, however, is that most women don't make a sound throughout rape. Apparently the vocal chords go into paralysis due to fear, and that's how a lot of people get away with it. What women should do is scream for all they're worth. It might at least stun the individual for a second, giving them chance to get into a more advantageous situation, and screaming also releases adrenaline, which can also give the woman the strength and energy needed to get away. Plus, if they're lucky, someone will investigate and come to help. Though, in this day and age, that's unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, as I said, two people who are too drunk to consent aren't going to be having sex.

You mean by the strawman definition you just made up and then lied by pretending it's mine. What you're doing is taking a case of people who are NOT too drunk to consent and say "if they had sex then according to you its rape!?"
    This right here is why most people dont take feminists seriously. I have heard of cases where the woman regretted sleeping with someone they met at a bar/club
    the night before and cried rape. If someone drinks enough to get drunk willingly and they consent to sex its not rape if later they regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    This right here is why most people dont take feminists seriously. I have heard of cases where the woman regretted sleeping with someone they met at a bar/club
    the night before and cried rape. If someone drinks enough to get drunk willingly and they consent to sex its not rape if later they regret it.
    That story makes the rounds of men's right blogs, but you do know it's actually a very small percentage of actual rape cases, right? Women aren't evil bitch-harpies waiting to get some poor idiot on a sex offender registry just for shits and giggles, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Exactly. My first and second post in this thread say that women have every right to protect themselves. A girl I lived with was afraid of our neighborhood so I often waited for her at the Subway station and walked home with her.

Problem here is certain posters think that is sexist of me...
    I think that's nice and sweet. I just wish more people would understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    That story makes the rounds of men's right blogs, but you do know it's actually a very small percentage of actual rape cases, right? Women aren't evil bitch-harpies waiting to get some poor idiot on a sex offender registry just for shits and giggles, right?
    I never said women were. But the fact that any innocent person goes to jail over something like that is a shame.

"better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

Deleted
    Seriously?

Some of you guys need to stop listening to men's rights fanatics and wight-wing talk radio.

I walk down the street and don't really worry about anyone male or female. I mean, is it a little guy thing? I can't imagine a guy my build or size being afraid walking down the street. Is this a little guy phenomenon?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2Ka4peXNb

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2Ka4peXNb

Thats a good enough reason to lock yourself in your house and never leave again. Obviously these are kinda rare cases but so are rape so why shouldn't guys walk in a constant fear of being falsely accused for rape or sexual assults?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously?

I'm just more cautious around women then most men is all. I don;t hide or avoid things if ever. Some things i might give up on and just ignore but a bit of a difference.

Dailyfail aside, the Brian Banks case is terrible, but it's also very, very rare.

Most rape cases are exactly what they seem, a man forcing himself on a woman.

Far mroe women are raped and don't report, or get nothing done about it, than there are men falsely accused.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Obviously these are kinda rare cases but so are rape so why shouldn't guys walk in a constant fear of being falsely accused for rape or sexual assults?
    No, that's bullshit. False accusations are very, very rare. Rape is not.

Deleted
    1 in 6 of all women get raped during their lifetimes and people wonder why some women feel scared? Seriously?

No, that's bullshit. False accusations are very, very rare. Rape is not.

I was about to post that, was trying to look for it online. Puts things in proper perspective.