Poll: If you had the option to choose the Alpha worgen model, would you?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think the alpha model is that great. I mean it's more ferocious and looks more appropriate but the newer one is of a much higher quality; If they had put as much effort into the old one as they did on the new one it would be much better.

I would want a 3rd model, with the best of both.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    ooo, me next! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...efang/advanced

you can see the face if you go to the achievments tab.

Rawr!

These are fun to do. Anyone else want an alpha-version of their worgen?

wow that looks cool!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    These are fun to do. Anyone else want an alpha-version of their worgen?
    Oh! Do mine! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Radner/simple

Her face is covered by necessity but I would probably have gone with the red-eyed face with the freckled muzzle for her.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Oh! Do mine! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Radner/simple

Her face is covered by necessity but I would probably have gone with the red-eyed face with the freckled muzzle for her.
    Coming right up:

15+ Year Old Account
    Coming right up:
    Oh. My. Guh.

I want her!!

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    I see you "bored" 7seti xd, here you have mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...Alyra/advanced (abandoned, only to do some BS recipes :/), but i think i know how she will look like, basically because long time ago i compared her with with her Alpha counterpart with WMV.

Its sad that the data files that are on the net, doesnt allow to se the hair color options (only the brown color is avaliable), because, depending on the fur color, sometimes the white and "gray" hair color matchs greatly

BTW, the Alpha female Worgen is the only model which made me doubt which face choose, because there a 3 options i really like a lot:

The 1º is the purple eyed one (3º row, 2º starting from the right).
    The 2º is the "husky like" one with light blue eyes (3º row, 2º starting from the left).
    And the 3º is the orange eyed one (which is in the middle of the 1º and 2º option xd).

As I posted in the previous thread about this, I really don't know what the art team was trying to aim for with the beta model. Were they trying to make it 'cute, sexy, and appealing' for the mostly male population that plays this game? That might explain the boob size increase and waist size decrease. (Yep, there's a difference between the alpha's body and the beta's body. Can someone show those comparisons here too, just for reference?) However, the face is just...awful. While I'm definitely no fan of her body since the change, the face is what bothers me most. The original alpha model is actually an improvement! Most people argue that it's low-poly and shows little effort, but it's far more expressive and variant than the newer beta's head. Ever seen the beta model smile? She still has the side snarls, but they slightly upturn from the 'rawr constipation' look she usually has to 'I have bad gas, guys'-awkward-face.
    And god, the eyes. One thing I LOVED about the alpha model was her eyes. They looked focused, wolflike, predatory...the new one looks...like a crackhead's eyes combined with some kind of prey animal. No joke. They're absolutely repulsive.

Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-02-15 at 08:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    As I posted in the previous thread about this, I really don't know what the art team was trying to aim for with the beta model. Were they trying to make it 'cute, sexy, and appealing' for the mostly male population that plays this game? That might explain the boob size increase and waist size decrease. (Yep, there's a difference between the alpha's body and the beta's body. Can someone show those comparisons here too, just for reference?)
    Coming right up!

This is actually, I suspect, where most of the animation bugs in the model come from. They tweaked the mesh, but didn't take the time to adjust the skeleton underneath (I suspect they simply didn't have the time to take). Then the larger head was placed onto the body, which is why you notice her hand and arm clipping through her face in a lot of animations. All in all, the current mesh and head simply were not designed to work with the skeleton underneath which is why she has so many problems. It's blatantly obvious, Blizzard. When is it going to be fixed?
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2013-02-15 at 10:43 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Coming right up!
    -snip-

This is actually, I suspect, where most of the animation bugs in the model come from. They tweaked the mesh, but didn't take the time to adjust the skeleton underneath (I suspect they simply didn't have the time to take). Then the larger head was placed onto the body, which is why you notice her hand and arm clipping through her face in a lot of animations. All in all, the current mesh and head simply were not designed to work with the skeleton underneath which is why she has so many problems. It's blatantly obvious, Blizzard. When is it going to be fixed?
    Thank you! I agree with what you said as well. The least Blizzard could do is work out the bugs on some old animations.
    Also here's the bad-gas smile I was talking about (this is my female worgen hunter):

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you! I agree with what you said as well. The least Blizzard could do is work out the bugs on some old animations.
    Also here's the bad-gas smile I was talking about (this is my female worgen hunter):
    That face...

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. Even though I've seen my hunter do the same thing.
    Last edited by Thorkir; 2013-02-15 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    That face...

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. Even though I've seen my hunter do the same thing.
    It's all 'DURRRRP-A-HURRRR'. xD
    Makes me giggle every time!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all 'DURRRRP-A-HURRRR'. xD
    Makes me giggle every time!
    I don't think I've seen the alpha smiling before, come to think of it. But now I have reason to look... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    I don't think I've seen the alpha smiling before, come to think of it. But now I have reason to look... >.>
    Hm, neither have I, but I've also never seen the male worgen (neither alpha nor beta version) smile either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, neither have I, but I've also never seen the male worgen (neither alpha nor beta version) smile either.
    I think the closest the males get is the blue-eyed face. I'd like to see them smile too...but I can live with his half-grin. =P

Do you think you could show me my worgen? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hellei/simple

I haven't gotten to transmogging her yet, but I would love if you could put her in this. http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...16817:9959.-19

Also, I would love if you could use the face with the emerald green eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

Zoator's:

Couldn't show some of your gear, as my model viewer won't display MoP stuff. If anyone has a link to an up to date version, I'd really appreciate it.

Chadina's:

Nice transmog

15+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't show some of your gear, as my model viewer won't display MoP stuff. If anyone has a link to an up to date version, I'd really appreciate it.
    Mine displays MOP stuff, but the alpha worgen patch keeps messing up. I can't do any of the female worgen emotes like kiss, wave, or cheer because it just shows up as a big mess.

...but I can do MOP gear. LOL.

This is what my druid was going to look like:

I left her naked so we can all take a minute to mourn the loss of that skin color with the patchy fur and freckles. I really wanted to use that skin, but it's gone.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2013-02-16 at 01:42 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

dont know if this would work but go to "<wowmodelviewer root folder>/userSettings" and make a backup of Config (dont have to but its nice to have a backup if things go wrong) and then delete the original file. then load up wmv and it should load up the new files.

i used this method to access the new 5.2 models

or it has something to do with items.csv in <wmv>/enUS folder

try checking the forums http://wowmodelviewer.org/forum/inde...1626-mop-gear/
    Last edited by Edds; 2013-02-16 at 01:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    dont know if this would work but go to "<wowmodelviewer root folder>/userSettings" and make a backup of Config (dont have to but its nice to have a backup if things go wrong) and then delete the original file. then load up wmv and it should load up the new files.

i used this method to access the new 5.2 models

or it has something to do with items.csv in <wmv>/enUS folder

try checking the forums http://wowmodelviewer.org/forum/inde...1626-mop-gear/
    The problem is they don't always show up as the right name. You have to search by item number, which you can get from WoWhead.com (the URL will end in the item number). For example, this is the Red Crane Headpiece (item number 87086):

Sig by Isilrien