Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    ... Why do people need advice talking to women? They're humans, they don't have any unique access protocols you need to follow >_>
    We as a culture makes too much out gender differences than reality warrants :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    !!

I'm sorry, please don't beat me, those bruises haven't faded yet...
    Are you Rihanna?

Stop treating them like some sort of alien, they are people. Talk to them like people.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you Rihanna?
    ...you know, now that you mentioned it, her name's...

On another note, it be sad that she's back with him =(

Infracted: Please refrain from posting off topic.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I'm a social outcast. I go to secondary education and I sit by myself in the corner. Yeah. I want to go sit with the girls but how. I have no idea what to say or talk. What If i sit there silently and they think I'm a stalker or something.
    Will they get annoyed or offended if I sit with them??
    Should i approach them or let them approach me?? I have started the course recently and I wanna do something before time just goes by..
    Where are you from, firstly?
    In England, if a random person sits with you and your group of friends, it's slightly weird and socially autistic. No offence.
    Don't try to fit in or anything like that, that's even worse.
    Make friends with the males in the course (if there are any) if not, then you're gonna have to bite the bullet and say
    "Sorry, I don't know anyone on this course and I don't want to seem rude, but is it okay if I sit with you guys?"
    Throw in a random joke in there too, otherwise you may as well be Michael Cera.
    Last edited by mmoc11e8dbe511; 2013-02-12 at 04:14 PM.

just immagine theyre all dudes

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not entirely true. I don't have problems with talking to people when there's a subject to talk about. However, I don't care nor do I know how to small talk/chit chat. That makes stuff a bit harder, especially on first dates with girls cause I find it incredibly stupid to ask something along the lines of "How about that weather?"... In contrast, though, give me a question that asks me to explain my mind and I can be quite chatty.

So it's not only about culture. And I feel I should say that I have problems with talking to people in general, not only women.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 05:10 PM ----------

...you know, now that you mentioned it, her name's...

On another note, it be sad that she's back with him =(
    Her name's... what? o_O

And yes it is sad, but people often make all the wrong decisions, don't they?...

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Fake it 'til ya make it! Soon enough, you'll have faked it for long enough that it'll just be normal and you'll feel confident where you wouldn't in the past
    Yeah, don't do that. If you have to fake confidence, it means you're NOT confident. Some people can't tell the difference and think those acting that way are the confident ones but they're usually not people you want to associate with.

Try to say "hi" in the beginning (it's easy, just say it like you're talking to the air/table/walls so it isn't really "social" and much less scary) and that's all. They'll understand you acknowledge their existence and that you are the silent type. Silent types are awkward only when they visibly try to avoid contacts and the "hi" takes care of it for you.

Once you see an occasion (i.e. you have something to talk about or someone asks you something) just go with the flow and talk like you're with your family or old friends. Since it is in the context of a class you can talk about class-related topics and it makes the whole thing easier.

Yep men and women are very alike in everything, culture is what makes the differences.

Talk to her as you would to a guy friend, nothing to know really...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Maybe you should start with some guy friends before asking out girls.
    He said nothing about asking girls out, just having contact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I don't care nor do I know how to small talk/chit chat.
    Afaik, there's no knowhow in chit chat. Random subjects come up whenever they feel like.

Anyways, traveling (first topic I talk about when alone with people I do not really know. With friends I chit chat and there won't be a useful convo most often) and music. That's quite some stuff to talk about. For me atleast. I mean, countries where you've been, where you want to go to, where she's been, where she wants to go to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask he where the red fern grows.

heres my 3 step program to talking to woman

first you gotta find one
    once you have found one, all you need to do is pull your pants down
    lastly jump on her and see what she does

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post

first you gotta find one
    are you assuming police officers are women? i've seen quite a few of those recently.

Fake your confidence, act tough. You may feel like an ass doing it, but it works.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post

first you gotta find one
    She'll laugh at your lil' weewee. That, or she'll crush it. Or she's going to shout "RAPE!!!". There's a chance that she likes it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You vocalise words with your vocal cord, and speak like you would to any other typical member of the community.
    what he said. When you stop perceiving girls as this unapproachable being is when you are able to talk to them like you would to any other person. IF she does not want to talk to you...well OK so she doesn't and you move on. Zero fucks should be given. I'm sure when you talk to your friends you are not shy nor do you chock when you try to speak. Why? Well because you give zero fucks at that moment. If you apply the same number of fucks and use the same perspective on girls...that will = profit!

I don't want to sound harsh, but this be your self and you can do it confidence is bullshit. The more you try to "be your self" the worse you will do. Why? Because you will keep checking to make sure you are not acting out of the ordinary to the point of looking/sounding awkward.

Social outcast is BS because (no offence) but you put yourself in that situation.

You wanna go sit with girls?

Step #1 go to where you want to sit
    Step #2 Ask "Mind if i join you?"
    Step #3 if she/they say yes then = profit
    step #4 if step #3 resulted in a "no" ask "why"
    step #5 if given an insulting reason (looser/i hate you/etc) say "Wow, they did say you're a bich...I just wanted to prove them wrong." and walk away
    step #6 if she is not a bitch she will approach you and ask who thinks of that/etc to which you don't really need a story just ask "why do you care what other people think about you?" that statement will show confidence in yourself (i.e. you don't care) and will start a conversation
    step #7 if step #6 does not happen then she is really a bich and you saved yourself the trouble of trying to befriend a person with whom you are better off not being friends with!
    step #8 profit!

As someone stated before, use an icebreaker. Such as... How did you do on the homework? or something along those lines.. But... the number one thing to impress a chick, is to do the helicopter dick, OH, helicopter dick.

To stop treating them as some weird alien and just be friendly as you are with anyone else is a start.
    Why do people get so shy when talking to the opposite gender...

If you look hard enough you'll always be able to find a common interest with someone, start with that. In this case the easiest would be the fact you're both in the same class, ask questions about the class or how they're finding the class like 'How'd you get on with that last assignment? It was tougher than I expected' . Two possible outcomes; she says it wasn't, in which case you could compliment her intelligence and ask if you could copy her notes some time, or she agrees with you that it was difficult and you can ask if she'd like to exchange notes or study together if she seems into you, or even study as a group if you're still nervous or she doesn't seem super into you. That way you're in a position where you at least interact with her regularly but without the pressure of having to keep the atmosphere going by yourself if there's a group around.

People can give you advice on what to say for maybe the first few moments of a conversation but there's no 123 guide to asking a girl out and it really depends on the circumstances, how the girl replies and acts etc... Until you're comfortable around women, I'd suggest just trying to keep it light and friendly with a few girls at first with no ulterior motives until you're confident enough to be able to think on your feet when in a new or unexpected situation.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2013-02-12 at 04:52 PM.

Eat lots of onions and garlic, get close to their face, be sure to spit a little while talking, also, talk as loud as you possibly can about things you know she doesn't care about.

Infracted: Please refrain from posting in a way that mocks the OP's question and doesn't add anything to the discussion.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 08:25 PM.