Deleted
    This is a pretty interesting video and worth a watch.

It depends on how you phrase it. The issue is that most of these studies look at income per year and average that out. When you look at income per hour, and control for the amount of actual experience the employee has, the numbers tend to line up much more closely.

If a woman and a man start out at the same time, with the same credentials and potential, and he works straight through while she takes maternal leave twice in the first decade, at the end of that decade he's got 10 years of actual experience in the position, she has 9. This isn't a "punishment"; she chose to take time off for something more important to her. There's no reason to expect she should be considered to have been working for that period, though.

As a result, she'll end up making less money in that decade (since she only worked 9 years out of the 10), and her total salary at the end will quite possibly be less (since, again, she only has 9 years of experience, to his 10), but she's directly comparable to anyone who's got 9 years in. It isn't fair for her to compare herself to the guy who hasn't taken multiple leaves of absence.
    Yeah, I don't disagree with any of this, hence my mention of 'extenuating circumstances.' I'm just finding it increasingly silly that people would argue that men make more than women.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    No, it is not sexism. In tennis women are a big draw, even bigger than most of the men playing it only makes sense that they get equal pay. In tennis the amount of seats sold has a direct of effect on the amount of money paid out to the winners in tennis. So if women are bring more people, they are in fact bring in more money. So while the men may do more "work" that work has no impact on the amount of money they bring in while women do less "work" but bring in more money. Female tennis players and entitled to earn the same amount as a male tennis player because it equals out.

You would have to tell me what sport you are comparing it to. If women draw the same amount of crowds and money to the sport as man why should she get paid less? The bottom line about sports is not so much who works harder but who can draw the most money. People play to win because a winning team can charge more for tickets and fill the seats better, therefore bring in more money which is what matters.
    This is so badly wrong its hilarious. Women's tennis isn't a big draw, in fact, its the opposite. Women's tennis has trouble getting enough bums on seats to sell out a grand slam final, for fucks sake. The end result is that women's tennis is a net loser for event hosts, unless a local girl has an excellent run. Much like women's basketball, women's tennis is subsidized by the men, though not anywhere near the same order of magnitude has WNBA. Mind you, they used to make a profit from women's tennis, but thanks to the equalisation of pay a few years back, they no longer do.

The reason why women make more money is basically for two reasons: expanded sponsorships opportunities thanks to being a high profile, pretty, young woman (the event hosts don't get a cent of this, obviously), and being physically able to play in more tournaments due to playing shorter matches (shorter matches = less fatigue, lower injury rates and therefore shorter rest periods ordered by coaches.)

I'm five pages late, but l o l

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its very hard to really understand what here trying to represent.

I mean one minute its we need to beable to stand for our self ( its a good thing that they got all there rights dont get me wrong)

But know im thinking there trying to fight for things that don't even really need to be needed

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Yes its very hard to really understand what here trying to represent.

I mean one minute its we need to beable to stand for our self ( its a good thing that they got all there rights dont get me wrong)

But know im thinking there trying to fight for things that don't even really need to be needed
    Feminists of today aren't for equality. They're feminazis the lot of them, they just want to be the superior gender but what they don't understand is that they'll never be able to become the superior gender because they are physically inferior to men and will always be. There's no chance that a woman can ever get as strong, fast or anything as a man. No chance. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by StoltOchStark View Post
    Feminists of today aren't for equality. They're feminazis the lot of them, they just want to be the superior gender but what they don't understand is that they'll never be able to become the superior gender because they are physically inferior to men and will always be. There's no chance that a woman can ever get as strong, fast or anything as a man. No chance. Not going to happen.
    Raw strength is obsolete against intelligence and tools, these are the things that allowed humanity to progress to where it is now. The traits you cited are not the ones that determine success.

Or did Silver-back Gorillas start ruling the Earth?
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-11-13 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thunderf00t just put out a good video on this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    This is a pretty interesting video and worth a watch.
    It's hard to believe how many people still believe in that myth
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

So you're going to point at the fundamentalists of a cause and disregard the entire entity because of them?

That makes you as short sited as the people in your video.

Deleted
    Feminists of today aren't for equality.
    Er... Yes they are, certain areas have already attained equality; some areas are still remaining. One thing they also fight for, is equality for men - They wish to remove the macho bullshit and for men to be accepted into more "Feminine" sectors, that being education with minors and aspects of the health sector.

They're feminazis the lot of them
    Well that's a mindfuck.

Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

Some "Feminists" bring the name into disrepute, which is sad - But that's freedom of speech, the right to speak what you believe in.

The vast majority of Feminists distance themselves from "Radicals" or "Feminzai's" if you will, why? They don't want equality, but rather supremacy - Something the vast majority of people whom support Feminism don't want.

I could lump all men's movements as insecure manchildren, and while it'd hold for some; others are actually serious for equality and the certain plights that men face.

they just want to be the superior gender but what they don't understand is that they'll never be able to become the superior gender because they are physically inferior to men and will always be.
    I don't want to be a "superior gender"

That frankly disgusts me, as a young white man i have extraordinary privilege in comparison to other demographics; i won't be guilt tripped but i can recognize my situation.

What i want is a world where women and men are equal, with no societal pressure for them to adhere to concepts that are abhorrent; Such as men being macho guys with balls of steel, and women to be dainty maidens who need said man to rescue them.

But the fact you hold "Physical" differences as quality for superiority in this day and age makes me laugh somewhat at you.

There's no chance that a woman can ever get as strong, fast or anything as a man. No chance. Not going to happen.
    That's accurate, women are "Weaker" or rather; have different areas of physiological strengths.

No one will debate that issue, women won't be able to wave a magic wand to change their bodies - and they don't wish to... What they want is equality, the legal and social right to be equal to a man in the world.

Which is sadly lacking in many, many places outside the first world (And in some places within).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    So you're going to point at the fundamentalists of a cause and disregard the entire entity because of them?

That makes you as short sited as the people in your video.
    No, a lot of us are saying that there's no point in calling yourself a feminist anymore as it's been destroyed from within. If you're really for equality you're a humanist.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you posted this in a thread last active in MARCH makes it loud and clear that you are no better than the people you claim to be so terrible. Insecure masculinazi.

Somehow I believe it's not the real men who feel the need to start fights or arguments over this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    The fact that you posted this in a thread last active in MARCH makes it loud and clear that you are no better than the people you claim to be so terrible. Insecure masculinazi.

Somehow I believe it's not the real men who feel the need to start fights or arguments over this crap.
    The only thing women are better than men at is giving birth to children. That and cooking.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-11-13 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing women are better than men at is giving birth to children. That and cooking.
    -20/10

Ok, I'll bite. You prob couldn't even fix a sink if a woman actually depended on it.

Isn't necroing posts against the forum rules or something?

-20/10

Ok, I'll bite. You prob couldn't even fix a sink if a woman actually depended on it.
    Why the hell would I fix the sink when I can pay someone else to do it?

Why would you pay someone else to do it when you could do it yourself for free?

Edit: I also find it funny that you consider yourself manly, need a woman to handle a task that involves sharp objects and fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because as in other previous arguments, real men can do for themselves. Is this an admittance?

Because as in other previous arguments, real men can do for themselves. Is this an admittance?
    No, it's laziness and I can get away with paying someone else to do it for me.

I think you'll find modern feminists who are fighting for the right things; equality in workplace, equal salaries, paterny leave being equal to maternity leave, etc. And then you have modern feminists who have completely misunderstood the whole context, and are basically fighting for female superiority. Of course, you also have the bitter old women who are completely confused, pointing at adverts where women's legs are revealed, etc, calling it sexual. In my country we have a counter organization to Ottar (confused feminist group), called Otto (masculinist? group). They are completely for equal rights for both genders and also have female members.

^^^^As for fixing sinks, I don't know how to fix a sink. I don't depend on sink fixing as a measurement of my masculinity, and no man should, that's why we have professionals.
    Last edited by StreetHydrant; 2013-11-13 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's laziness and I can get away with paying someone else to do it for me.
    As you get older and wiser you realize that when people are given anything without having to earn it (unless they are physically or mentally utterly incapable of earning anything), they become ungrateful and lazy. They also become less happy.
    - Dennis Prager

Quote Originally Posted by StreetHydrant View Post
    ^^^^As for fixing sinks, I don't know how to fix a sink. I don't depend on sink fixing as a measurement of my masculinity, and no man should, that's why we have professionals.
    You missed what I was really getting at... Just messing with a troll mostly. Shame on me.