Thread: Harvest Witch

Harvest Witch

So when I read up on them, I was pretty intrigued.

I love the idea of witch in her little hut in the middle of a forest, toiling away and minding her own business, growing things and communing with nature and such. Reminds of the pagan outcasts in England during the Holy Roman Empire's campaigns.

So how do I make one and what should she do?

I started a Worgen Druid.

She knows Alchemy, Cooking, Herbalism, and First Aid.

Is there something else I should have her do?

What kind of transmog would be appropriate? I thought, robes would be fine for her home/inn visits, but since she has a better understanding of the land, she'd wear something a little more appropriate for adventuring.

This is what I currently have:

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...0;56610:22+1:0

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

I love the idea of witch in her little hut in the middle of a forest, toiling away and minding her own business, growing things and communing with nature and such. Reminds of the pagan outcasts in England during the Holy Roman Empire's campaigns.

What kind of transmog would be appropriate? I thought, robes would be fine for her home/inn visits, but since she has a better understanding of the land, she'd wear something a little more appropriate for adventuring.

I'd say you rather well nailed it. for a robe look, the one from the Cenarion Raiment would look nice with this.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Your in-game professions don't have to match your RP concept so much as you have to be able to act as if you possess the skills. Having actual knowledge of "folk" medicine will probably go farther (though the in-game profs certainly won't hurt).

The one drawback to this concept is that it sounds great but you will have to find lots of reasons to interact with people. You seem to have a few ideas but I'll toss a few more out there. For instance you may have to go into town to get supplies and trade some of your goods. Since all good medical practitioners know how to harm you could get entangled with rogues (willingly or not) or generally less reputable folk. You could also find yourself in awkward situations trying to help with the wounded alongside less tolerant individuals from various organizations. You may also want to conceal your Worgen identity in order to draw less suspicion. And generally if you're into walk-up RP I can see a lot of interesting ways things can develop.

Your transmog looks good and is relatively unassuming as it is (the shoulder armor is the only thing I might ditch entirely when going into town). A bit of advice I always toss at people is that while it's nice to match all over, bright colors pop less when they are dispersed evenly. While you have gone with a more natural color selection, the bright green shirt makes the other greens of the rest of the outfit brighter but more diffused, and a darker shirt will make them pop more. Of course you may not want that, but you might want to take a look and see if you do.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    Your in-game professions don't have to match your RP concept so much as you have to be able to act as if you possess the skills. Having actual knowledge of "folk" medicine will probably go farther (though the in-game profs certainly won't hurt).
    Originally, I wanted to just be able to place a cauldron, and I thought cooking did that... but then I found out that it was Alchemy instead. And since I needed the mats (and am poor) and for RP reasons, Herbalism seemed to fit with the theme, so I learned that. The only profession I really felt was superfluous was first aid, but since the people that I "treat" have the bandages shirt, I felt like it would be appropriate to at least have them.

The one drawback to this concept is that it sounds great but you will have to find lots of reasons to interact with people. You seem to have a few ideas but I'll toss a few more out there. For instance you may have to go into town to get supplies and trade some of your goods. Since all good medical practitioners know how to harm you could get entangled with rogues (willingly or not) or generally less reputable folk. You could also find yourself in awkward situations trying to help with the wounded alongside less tolerant individuals from various organizations. You may also want to conceal your Worgen identity in order to draw less suspicion. And generally if you're into walk-up RP I can see a lot of interesting ways things can develop.
    For my solo adventures, I usually go "out-into-the-world" in order to find a particular herb or rare plant.

For PvP-ing, I'll visit a suffering farmstead where the lands have either been cursed by an evil magus, are over run by raiders and looters, or are plagued, and then our Horde co-guild will play that part. It's a lot of tending to the wounded and Entangling Roots while the "local militia" deals with the enemy.

Going into town itself is... a challenge. I haven't stepped foot in Stormwind in ages on this toon. I'm primarily based in the Howling Fjord, so a port to Moonglade, and then a "migratory flight" to Darnassus is the only real way I have access to an auction house. XP

But I still get plenty of people who visit me, either in Darkshire or Howling Fjord so I can heal them or advise them. [I also break RP for Tues/Thurs from 4-6 PM for homework tutoring, just for a little variety :P]

I love the idea of the Tillers farm... I just hope we'll get a chance to move it, eventually.

the bright green shirt
    Are you talking about my chest armor or the actual shirt?

So... the alchemy cauldrons are really expensive and take a while to gather mats.

Does anyone know if there's a vanity item that drops a cauldron and fire? I tried looking in cooking but to no avail.