Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Come on now, Jtbrig. We all know you're going to get this game :P. You invested way to much in the first one to not get this one. And your track record shows that you'll get it anyway .
    Didn't get the last expansion (Iron whatever its called) and depending what they show I may not get Destiny 2. @Djriff Even tried to talk me into getting the newest expansion. There is things I like about Destiny but if its just copy/paste of D1 ill pass.

Matchmaking for endgame is a make or break for me.

Even more so since PS4 will have a couple other MMO's out by then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well the gameplay reveal hit and surprise: its more destiny.

European Dead Zone on Earth, a flaoting ocean utopia gone to ruin on Titan, a Traveller touched ruin on Europa and a vex machine world called Nissus with remains of a giant alien forest through its core. strikes raids, patrols and so on all the same. New stuff is treasure maps and dungeons on the map, with npcs and quest hubs that mark a map. No going to orbit to transfer between events. no matchmaker but a frankly stupid idea to let clans use you as a 5th wheel they can kick at any moment for a clan member. all powers gone. Surgewalker for hunters with a lightning spear, Sentinel turns titans into captain america and the new solar warlock is basically just the D1 fire sword as a super. Weapons are different set ups. 2 slots for energy and kinetic and one for power which is stuff like sniper, fusion rifle and grenade launchers.
    Leaks were legit, red legion thinks they should have the light not humans and put a shield around the traveller and you have to go on a wild ride to get the light back.

So far nothing ground breaking. Its more Destiny which i guess is fun but theres already things in the new footage that was datamined in the first game so i'm definitely not buying on release to see if they try and pull another dark below.

Destiny 2 available on Battle.net!!!!!
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    1. Highly doubt it. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they got rid of fast travel to the "base of operations". And it won't be the Tower, at least not at first I'm sure.....we've been completely pushed out of the Last City at the beginning of Destiny 2.
    Turns out I was right.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Yupe, the response seemed mixed on the chat, but I'll definitely be getting it now.
    Wonder if it'll be available for purchase with battle.net balance.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Gotta admit wasn't expecting it to come to battle net. Might get it on PC now assuming it doesn't run like crap on my system lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Destiny 2 available on Battle.net!!!!!
    This is just me being a hater, but my guess is they are doing this so they can have some sort of Overwatch cross over. Or some way to cross over vanity items from blizzard games. I could be wrong, but it otherwise doesn't sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, I like what they are doing. Story wise, it is going the direction I expected. And it really looks like they were listen to the community regards match making. I can see myself having a good time with this so long as the raids are fun.

I like some of the new designs and stuff they want to do....but forcing people to play with clans who can and will remove them on a whim is pretty shit-tastic. Give me actual matchmaking or I won't bother unless a group in my wow guild will buy it and coordinate times to do the raids.

Wonder if it'll be available for purchase with battle.net balance.
    It'll be the best 4-500k worth of gold I spend all year if it can be purchased with bnet balance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It can be very costly to get a good gaming service like battle.net or steam in order to good online experience with PC. Destiny 1 relied on Xbox/PS Networks.

Blizzard knows how to do it, and this free's up Bungie from having to develop an entire online service. So here's hoping they can get it to work without much issue.
    Good point. Battlenet is the most cost effective since actuvision and blizzard are partners

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I like some of the new designs and stuff they want to do....but forcing people to play with clans who can and will remove them on a whim is pretty shit-tastic. Give me actual matchmaking or I won't bother unless a group in my wow guild will buy it and coordinate times to do the raids.
    There are upsides and downsides to that. Which I feel they have considered

Another reason to use the Blizzard launcher is Activision gets all the money instead of having to give a portion to Valve. But yeah online will almost certainly work better through Blizzard than it would through Steam.

10+ Year Old Account

Comin to get you Gary!

Community controlled matchmaking (like LFG in WoW).....Yep ill be giving this a pass until a steep price cut if at all.

All they had to do is say matchmaking and I would have bought it...o well.

The rest sounded good tho.

Edit: Also seems shit is still a bullet sponge.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My favourite complaint so far is that it looks like the first one. What the hell is it supposed to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    My favourite complaint so far is that it looks like the first one. What the hell is it supposed to look like?
    lol, I liked that the UI looked very familiar. I think the only thing they screwed up in the presentation was using too many pulse rifles, that was really the only thing where I saw a lot Destiny 1 though. When they busted out some of the new weapons though...like that lightning grenade blaster thing looks fun as hell.

I'm glad it's on PC. I probably put at least 100 hours into the game, but it's been so long since I've played an fps on my console now that I can't do it anymore. I'm just so terrible at it now...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could buy this with the $195 I got on my Battlenet Account balance when I finally quit WoW and dumped all my gold on tokens.
    You can. It's on the Q&A on the front page of MMO. Blizzard already said their currency will pay for it.

PC having a delayed launch is the biggest load of shit I've seen in awhile. Depending on how long it's delayed I may not even get it.

With Destiny being available on Blizzard app makes me wonder if ActiBlizz plans to shift more titles over. I wonder if that is why there was a title change.

I still hoping for cross platform account linking. It would get me to buy for two platforms.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-05-19 at 03:27 AM.

So...no dedicated servers for PC, how the fuck is that even going to work? Don't they at least need dedicated server for the player hubs? Either way, that's a massive bummer to hear and definitely kills some of my excitement for the game.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Destiny a lot on my mates Xbone, but don't own a current Gen Console so never put a lot of time into it outside of hitting 30 on a Titan.

look forward to PC version a lot.