Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can go search many forum sites, Youtube and twitch. You will see that the issues we have posted here are not just a echo chamber. If you think you will enjoy the game then good hope ya do.

But myself and others have been down this road before with Destiny 1 and sadly it seems they are repeating it.
    I mean this sub is absolutely an echo chamber, you take regular part in the echoing so you should know that. You're one of a handful of people who are nonstop posting in every new game thread taking it over and controlling discussion.

I've done my homework outside of here, twitch makes the game look like a good time. I've seen criticisms from critics on youtube, but that's literally every game ever. And for every critical review there's plenty of people making videos about the game.

My issue with youtube reviews is a lot of these dudes barely play the games before forming their opinions. They may then put in a handful more hours in an attempt to avoid that critique but its really obvious they made their opinions very early on. Can't tell you how many times I see videos of guys who play a game for an hour and then make a 30 minute video on youtube talking about how terrible a game is.

That isn't really true since its likely they have a 2nd team working on the PC port.
    I HIGHLY doubt this game has the budget to support fully separate teams for separate platforms. We're talking about a dungeon crawler smooshed together with halo with fairly minimal and non-power related microtransactions as far as I've seen (please correct if wrong). I'd imagine its a skeleton crew.

That still does not explain the lack of content current and the shitty raid we got.
    Its a dungeon crawler shooter, what did you expect? I didn't buy diablo expecting a massive amount of content at launch, I expected a relatively short campaign mode and then a bit of repetitive loot grind up until I got bored enough to make a new character or put the game down for a bit.

What did you expect, an RPG's level of depth or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So valid critique about a game is "bitching"?

Come on man. Don't pull that argument out of the hat. Destiny 2 is a good game but it really does have it's flaws. And trying to act as though we should just ignore any critique is silly.

PC release being delayed is fine. What do you want people to do in this thread? Praise the game consistently like it's the greatest thing to ever walk on the face of gaming? Both blind hate and acting like the game can do no wrong go hand in hand in creating an echo chamber and both attitudes are unhealthy. No game is perfect and no game is without flaws.

I mean I'd recommend people get Destiny 2. But the endgame really does get bland after a while which I'm hoping the first DLC or full expansion fixes.
    This thread doesn't read like there's much of any praise going on for at least a while now. Every time I pop in and skim its the same handful of people acting like they wasted their money and the games not worth buying.

I'm not saying the game is without flaws (there are no games without flaws), I'm saying I'm not terribly worried for the game amidst all this doomsaying. I'ma pick it up for PC, I'll get my moneys worth out of it, then I'll put it down.

This game is built on a dungeon crawlers incentive system, the comments I read about the end game make me think people don't necessarily understand that despite full well knowing it. The one thing this game has over other dungeon crawlers is its a shooter, so you can get your loot grind on and when you run out of that you can go do what you do in any shooter, pvp. The gun play is something I've consistently seen talked up, and considering this is a shooter I don't see how that isn't peoples natural progression.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Dunno, everything I've looked up makes me want to play the game. I pop in here from time to time just to see what people are saying but its just the same people who post in every relatively new game thread and bicker in circles. This is very much an echo chamber.

As soon as I saw people bitching about updates on consoles the immediate thought was *no shit, they have multiple platforms and the PC release is delayed which can only mean they're having to spend that extra time getting it ready.* Also its just common sense to use the console platforms as a test run to then tweak things for the PC release. Being on bnets not exactly insignificant and I'm sure there's plenty of players like myself who don't own a console and wanted to play destiny 1 planning on picking this up when it comes out.

Considering the shitstorm I saw everywhere about destiny 1 and the fact that it still managed to survive till destiny 2 + destiny 2 being on bnet I'm not terribly worried for this game.
    Sounds more like you are trying to validate a purchase man. Destiny 2 is riddled with problems. Homogenised gear which in turn makes multiple activities pointless. Less actual things to do compared to the first. Removal of difficulty levels. Removing all story missions bar 3 per week repeatable for a reward nobody actually wants. The entire game is structured right now for you to finish the quests on the map and have nothing rewarding to do but the raid and the weekly challenges which are themselves cut down and inferior versions of the first games bounties/challenge system and everything else is grinding for guaranteed inferior loot that has removed the rng stats/bonuses which means you get a gun once and will never ever need anything but a power level to infuse into it. Ever.

This is a looter shooter where the loot is bad and the pool of items is comparatively miniscule due to each weapon only having one state with no variance. When pvp scales power for a baseline experience this means pvpers have nothing to play for when they can load up D1 and have more challenge and a progression system where your power increases from rewards gained while playing and pve players hit 260 and beyond the raid and the nightfall only have limited, repetitive solo activities that reward nothing that makes their character better. Worse its all trash you dust and every 30 the gunsmith gives you something that rarely, extremely rarely is ONE point higher than what you have.

Combine this with a monumentally small pool of objectively optimium weapons that are extremely easy to get and this is Diablo 3 without the loot rng and without it they lose the player retention treadmill.

Its kind of telling the people waiting for PC -in my experience almost always the 'LOL SHIT GAME NO PC NO BUY' of 2015- are the ones trying to shut down these accurate critiques of the game because they probably are in a panic about their battlenetbux being wasted on a prepurchase.

It is an okay game, its just not as good as the first. But after over a year delay thats to be expected. Its hopeful that rise of iron might be more representative of curse of osiris but for now im far more suspect of the people who havent played it crying about 'the dread haters' like its a warcraft expansion or something than the people talking about well documented problems in a game that is functionally very very shallow compared to its predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You may well be right, but I wonder if it won't end up biting them in the ass.

The news coming out of Console that people are already getting bored could hurt their PC sales.
    You know what I never thought about that, But now that you have said it... Ya I think that's the case.
    I hope it's like that. I know more people that waited for PC release because of m/k combo and better perfomances, then the ones that caved into buying it for consoles.

I'm not trying to defend Bungie right now, i just hope it's a calculated risk/move and not blatant ignorance about how fast can player burn through stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I mean this sub is absolutely an echo chamber, you take regular part in the echoing so you should know that. You're one of a handful of people who are nonstop posting in every new game thread taking it over and controlling discussion.

I've done my homework outside of here, twitch makes the game look like a good time. I've seen criticisms from critics on youtube, but that's literally every game ever. And for every critical review there's plenty of people making videos about the game.
    And you know I have done my Homework as well by actually playing the game. There is good points about the game but there is many flaws and they start to show at endgame. My opinion was well formed before Youtube videos hit or people was streaming it because I avoided both until I put a chuck of time into the game.

I HIGHLY doubt this game has the budget to support fully separate teams for separate platforms.
    Then you know nothing about Bungie,Activison and the budget that has gone into Destiny.

9 times out of 10 Activision (and most other company's) have a 2nd team working on the PC port. Destiny 1 had over 500 million dropped into its development and marketing. If you don't think they would have a 2nd team working on the PC port then your clueless. If they didn't the game would be delayed much longer then it already was.

What did you expect, an RPG's level of depth or something?
    The fact you ask such question shows you haven't read any of my posts showing what I have disliked about the game.

Also hate to break this to you but Destiny is a RPG....

This thread doesn't read like there's much of any praise going on for at least a while now. Every time I pop in and skim its the same handful of people acting like they wasted their money and the games not worth buying.
    Can you quote me on where I said I felt like I wasted my money?

As for the game being worth buying? No I can not recommend it but not because its a bad game (Its slightly above average). I can't recommend it because of its gameplay style and the grinding that is in it. That type of Gameplay is not for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I hope it's like that. I know more people that waited for PC release because of m/k combo and better perfomances, then the ones that caved into buying it for consoles.

I'm not trying to defend Bungie right now, i just hope it's a calculated risk/move and not blatant ignorance about how fast can player burn through stuff.
    Agreed, I originally considered getting the PC version as well. But I will likely wait or just outright not buy it for PC at all. 60FPS would be nice but I really don't care anymore.

I'm just sitting here and waiting to see what changes they do before I drop more time into it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Sounds more like you are trying to validate a purchase man.
    Why's that? Personally I validated my purchase when I did a lot of homework on the game and decided it looked fun enough to drop a lil scratch on it. Its not like I bought some expensive thing that I got ripped off on and feel bad about. Nor is it impossible for me to get my money back at this point if I decided the game wasn't for me.

Game looks fun enough to justify the cost and screw around with for a bit until it loses my interest is all. I dunno about you but I don't see this sub as a good place to get validation for my purchases. I go other places if I want decent info, many places preferably to try and get as many different opinions as I can.

Destiny 2 is riddled with problems.
    Water is wet.

I've never played any game, even my most favorite games ever, that weren't riddled with problems. No ones arguing that destiny 2 doesn't have problems.

Its kind of telling the people waiting for PC -in my experience almost always the 'LOL SHIT GAME NO PC NO BUY' of 2015- are the ones trying to shut down these accurate critiques of the game because they probably are in a panic about their battlenetbux being wasted on a prepurchase.
    I don't get it.

I just don't own a current console, really all there was to it. Haven't had any recent console exclusive titles strong enough to compel me to buy one. If MH:W was console exclusive that probably would of done it as I'm a fanboy of the series but a game like destiny for instance wasn't worth dropping hundreds of dollars for the amount of entertainment I'd get out of it. 60$ and maybe some scratch on the side for DLC? Sure that's not a big deal, but not the hundreds to buy a console.

It is an okay game, its just not as good as the first.
    My thing is, I don't find that terribly surprising nor deal breaking. Especially after they expanded to multiple platforms instead of just the 1. Its rare enough a franchise doesn't repeat mistakes, yet alone have to figure shit out while expanding to multiple platforms which is pretty much guaranteed to hamper development. ESPECIALLY at launch. It'd be amazing to me if people weren't expecting that.

- - - Updated - - -

And you know I have done my Homework as well by actually playing the game.
    Frankly that doesn't say much to me, I've had dramatically different experiences from you in the past with other games that you've posted lots about.

Its pretty typical we don't see eye to eye.

9 times out of 10 Activision (and most other company's) have a 2nd team working on the PC port. Destiny 1 had over 500 million dropped into its development and marketing.
    If you think the largest portion of that by far didn't go into marketing I dunno. You do realize that isn't 500 million to make the game right? Its 500 million to make a franchise. Those are two insanely different things.

If you don't think they would have a 2nd team working on the PC port then your clueless. If they didn't the game would be delayed much longer then it already was.
    Of course they do, I'm saying a large fully exclusive second team that's solely responsible for the PC version of the game. I'd expect there to just be "the dev team" with maybe a handful of people who strictly work on PC or one of / both of the consoles. Fuck if I know though, I just know how I've vaguely heard of some of this done in the past with other games.

Also hate to break this to you but Destiny is a RPG....
    Its a dungeon crawler shooter known for lacking depth or story. Please.

When I did my homework on the game there was nothing making me think there was much of any depth to destiny 1 and I shouldn't expect any more with 2. The more I looked into it the more it confirmed the game was "shoot things, get loot, repeat".

As for the game being worth buying? No I can not recommend it but not because its a bad game (Its slightly above average). I can't recommend it because of its gameplay style and the grinding that is in it. That type of Gameplay is not for everyone.
    Well of course not, its a loot grinder. You recommend a game or not based on what it is.

Its like saying I wouldn't recommend diablo to someone because of the grinding thats in it.

Until TTK this opinion would be correct.....

It isn't anymore. Destiny 2 has a huge amount of story and D1 had a good amount from TTK onward. So clearly you didn't do your homework because story is one of the things praised in D2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Until TTK this opinion would be correct.....

It isn't anymore. Destiny 2 has a huge amount of story and D1 had a good amount from TTK onward. So clearly you didn't do your homework because story is one of the things praised in D2.
    Everything I've read / heard was "destiny 1 basically had no story and destiny 2 has an ok enough story to be entertaining but don't expect a masterpiece."

You'd be the first to say differently if you think that's not accurate. Again though very much diablo esque in that you play through the story fairly quickly and then get to grinding loot.

It isn't really a loot grinder though. Its more like you play the first week to hit ~280 power and from then until they finally raise the power cap of 305 you're primarily and exclusively focused on doing your weekly quests, trials, one nightfall/prestiege per week, and the raid. The grind is so light as to it being possible to finish everything aside from raiding and trials for the week in less than 3 hours.

The game isn't even worse (imo) it fixes a lot of vanilla D1 problems but lacks a lot of the later QoL fixes and some of the content. If you compare the release D1 to release D2 it fixes mostly everything. As for PvP I prefer 4v4 and power levels not being enabled but that's because I prefer a level playing field from a competitive sense
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-10-07 at 05:31 PM.

Everything I've read / heard was "destiny 1 basically had no story and destiny 2 has an ok enough story to be entertaining but don't expect a masterpiece."

You'd be the first to say differently if you think that's not accurate. Again though very much diablo esque in that you play through the story fairly quickly and then get to grinding loot.
    So what one is it?

First you say
    Then you said the bolded. Those two opinions don't match up.

Yes base Destiny 1 up to TTK had almost no story at all. TTK and RoI changed that by a great deal. Destiny 2 improved on that a bit with the campaign and then the story content after.

Not once did I say it was a masterpiece, But it does have a decent story and likable characters.

You keep comparing Destiny to Diablo when the two games have a lot different. Destiny is a mix of many games (Diablo,Borderlands and elements of MMO's). So like I said if you think no one praised the story as being one of its biggest positive points then you didn't do the homework you claimed you did.

You also assumed my opinion of the game without reading any of my posts.

No offence but your whole post shows a lack of knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean I'd recommend people get Destiny 2. But the endgame really does get bland after a while which I'm hoping the first DLC or full expansion fixes.
    But then I'm paying for that DLC/Expansion to fix the fact that the base game gets bland in a month.

Now mind you, thats still a lot of hours of fun you get out of it but I guess I was hoping for more then that
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So what one is it?

First you say Then you said the bolded. Those two opinions don't match up.
    Those two things don't contradict each other at all, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    But then I'm paying for that DLC/Expansion to fix the fact that the base game gets bland in a month.

Now mind you, thats still a lot of hours of fun you get out of it but I guess I was hoping for more then that
    Yeah what else is new, just the industry now QQ

Dunno, everything I've looked up makes me want to play the game. I pop in here from time to time just to see what people are saying but its just the same people who post in every relatively new game thread and bicker in circles. This is very much an echo chamber.

As soon as I saw people bitching about updates on consoles the immediate thought was *no shit, they have multiple platforms and the PC release is delayed which can only mean they're having to spend that extra time getting it ready.* Also its just common sense to use the console platforms as a test run to then tweak things for the PC release. Being on bnets not exactly insignificant and I'm sure there's plenty of players like myself who don't own a console and wanted to play destiny 1 planning on picking this up when it comes out.

Considering the shitstorm I saw everywhere about destiny 1 and the fact that it still managed to survive till destiny 2 + destiny 2 being on bnet I'm not terribly worried for this game.
    If you never played Destiny 1 and haven’t played any of Destiny 2 yet, then you don’t really have any clue what you’re talking about. D2 is quickly becoming a repeat of D1 and that’s not a good thing. It took about 2 years for D1 to get really good and get to a point where people could say that it felt like a whole game. If Bungie keeps up what they’re currently doing, then D2 will be the same way and that’s NOT a good thing.

You really shouldn’t be trying to give an opinion on something you honestly do not understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

I really wouldn’t be holding my breath if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s clear at this point you have no clue about anything being discussed other than what you’ve heard people say online. AKA, you’re grossly misinformed and really should stop talking before making yourself look like a bigger fool than you already have.

Those two things don't contradict each other at all, what?
    I already explained it to you once, Not going to repeat myself.

Its clear you know nothing about both Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. You didn't do your homework, you read/listened to some really bad opinions about the game and are highly uninformed.

I don't get my hopes up too high for any games.

If theres only one raid at max level then its hardly surprising theres a lack of end game options. And I wouldnt have much hope for them patching one in. Most likely the expansions will offer more months after release and you've already committed to buying the base game.

Thankfully I can get it for free with blizzard account balance but I don't think I'd pay for this game.

Looking to get 20+ hours out of the game with the campaign/ getting 305 power level then probably wait for the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If you never played Destiny 1 and haven’t played any of Destiny 2 yet, then you don’t really have any clue what you’re talking about. D2 is quickly becoming a repeat of D1 and that’s not a good thing. It took about 2 years for D1 to get really good and get to a point where people could say that it felt like a whole game. If Bungie keeps up what they’re currently doing, then D2 will be the same way and that’s NOT a good thing.
    Thing is despite the shit show that destiny 1 was for how long it was the game still managed to be fun / do well enough for them to continue to make content and even make a 2nd one despite the amount of money poured into it. Hence me saying I'm not terribly worried about it.

Maybe its just an unhealthy tolerance I've built up since pretty much every single multiplayer online game I've played is a mess at launch and takes months / years to iron shit out that should have been in at launch.

That is some next level shit, becoming a ....very defensive fan...without even playing the game.

Well, next level outside of all those Star Citizen fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That is some next level shit, becoming a ....very defensive fan...without even playing the game.

Yeah, I always enjoy it when someone who has never touched a game is defending it like a madman while criticizing and dismissing people who have actually done EVERYTHING there is to do in the game currently. It's quite comical to say the least. And of course, their excuse it always "Well, I've watched videos and done research on it, so obviously my opinion is worth more than yours......even though you've actually played the game and done everything there is to do in it!"

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post

Think I did a pretty poor job defending it considering I didn't dispute any faults and basically just said: game looks like it meets expectations based on what I've done homework on and am not terribly worried for the future of said game, still looks fun enough to justify a purchase.

*shrug*

Think I did a pretty poor job defending it considering I didn't dispute any faults and basically just said: game looks like it meets expectations based on what I've done homework on and am not terribly worried for the future of said game, still looks fun enough to justify a purchase.

*shrug*
    If it meets your expectations from what you have seen then fine. By all means buy it and enjoy it. The problem is when you 1) assume others opinions and 2) when the "infomation" you have is wrong and you try to use it in a argument against people who know way more about the game then you.

You assumed my opinion about the game and the issues I had with it. You was factually wrong then and then you made comments about the game (Like its story) that you where once again wrong about.

Don't know where you did your "Homework" but a lot of it was wrong.

But like I said if it seems fun to you then by all means buy it. I have issues with the game and don't regret buying it, Hell I bought it twice (upgraded from the SD version to limited edition).

Edit: Hell I'm just waiting for the first major patch to hit or DLC then I"m going to play more of it myself.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-09 at 02:05 PM.

You assumed my opinion about the game and the issues I had with it.
    You seemed to want to put things I said in generally as direct criticisms of you, which is why I just ignored those parts of your post. Not much discussion to be had there.

You was factually wrong then and then you made comments about the game (Like its story) that you where once again wrong about.
    I'm just parroting people who have put dramatically more time into the game than you. I'm looking up popular streamers and youtubers who dedicate themselves to destiny.

If they're all wrong even though I keep seeing people roughly saying the same thing repeatedly then iono. Maybe these guys who put all this time into the franchise just didn't pick up something you did in significantly less time.

Don't know where you did your "Homework" but a lot of it was wrong.
    I mean, I'm still not sure where I'm wrong. I just watched a stream for instance of some destiny streamer who likely dwarfs your time played in either game by a disgusting amount do a Q&A in which he disagreed with a ton of the shit I've read in this thread. But if I repeated it you'd say its wrong and I haven't touched the game so wtf am I talking about even though this guy will have completely shit on the amount of time you've put into the game and I'd just be parroting him.

Who do I believe?

Hell I'm just waiting for the first major patch to hit or DLC then I"m going to play more of it myself.
    Which isn't all bad, I mean while I was playing wod I was all *man this sucks there's freaking nothing to do" but then when legion rolled around I was all "man I wish there was less shit to do because wod spoiled me by giving me the free time to play all these other games coming out or working through my steam backlog".