I know this is kind of off topic, but finally did the raid yesterday and holy disappointment. I think Outside of the raid I will just grind my milestones on tuesdays and shut off D2 til the reset. VoG and CE were amazing raids, this raid is a legitimate tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of items, but they all get melted into the same cauldron of infusion. Some of them are just plain inferior, there are a lot of reputations that give you basically cosmetics only.

The item hunt imho is completely screwed. No sense of progression excluding the once in a week power jump. Maybe i just lucked out and got everything i feel comfortable with in a short time?

However there's an awful lot to improve in the itemization and loot. More specific drops, more game changing drops, more customization to players - like an active way to farm desired modifiers to attach to the weapon of choice. Current system is very very baseline imho.
    Depends on if your goal is to just be comfortable?

I had some solid guns pretty early on, but as I continue to play and push the game (especially pvp) I find myself wanting other specific guns I don't have because I run up against situations where I'd really prefer to have X or Y. This is especially true with the different trials maps where those guns you got really comfortable with are all of a sudden really mediocre / awful because of the map.

Its a lot like monster hunter, you can pretty quickly cap out on any "meaningful progression" but there's still plenty of shit to hunt for. (pun intended)

Don't get me wrong there's always room for improvement in every game, but its disingenuous to say there's nothing to do after you do your milestones.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Having to leave the game to create a group is bad design.
    You don't have to.

If you don't want to use these things, fine, but choosing not to use available resources seems silly. And makes complaining about it even sillier. It's like complaining that you didn't get a spoon with your cup-o-soup, and someone offers you a spoon, and you refuse it because your cup-o-soup should've come with one. The only one keeping you from delicious soup, there, is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You don't have to.

If you don't want to use these things, fine, but choosing not to use available resources seems silly. And makes complaining about it even sillier. It's like complaining that you didn't get a spoon with your cup-o-soup, and someone offers you a spoon, and you refuse it because your cup-o-soup should've come with one. The only one keeping you from delicious soup, there, is you.
    God its like i'm back in 2014 again in the vanilla Destiny reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

I had some solid guns pretty early on, but as I continue to play and push the game (especially pvp) I find myself wanting other specific guns I don't have because I run up against situations where I'd really prefer to have X or Y. This is especially true with the different trials maps where those guns you got really comfortable with are all of a sudden really mediocre / awful because of the map.

Its a lot like monster hunter, you can pretty quickly cap out on any "meaningful progression" but there's still plenty of shit to hunt for. (pun intended)

Don't get me wrong there's always room for improvement in every game, but its disingenuous to say there's nothing to do after you do your milestones.
    There's plenty to do yes...but most people look for what rewards me the upgrades to my gear...once you hit 265 that is strictly to milestones and that is it. Currently there isn't much of a reason to do adventures outside of just doing them, you can grind PE's....but why....you can grind strikes...but again why.....Or you can PvP which is basically the only thing a decent amount of people will do once they get their milestones done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    There's plenty to do yes...but most people look for what rewards me the upgrades to my gear...once you hit 265 that is strictly to milestones and that is it. Currently there isn't much of a reason to do adventures outside of just doing them, you can grind PE's....but why....you can grind strikes...but again why.....Or you can PvP which is basically the only thing a decent amount of people will do once they get their milestones done.
    Not QUITE true.

Once you get over about 280, rares and legendaries drop at about 5 points under your average. So as you upgrade some bits of gear from Powerful Rewards, you'll also get drops you can infuse to boost the bits that are lagging. Same goes for exotic drops, which aren't limited, but are often a PL upgrade. It's not JUST Powerful Gear, though those are the fast and consistent weekly options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they increased gear drop levels?

I just went from 221 to 273 on my titan in like, 3 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Have they increased gear drop levels?

I just went from 221 to 273 on my titan in like, 3 hours.
    Is it your second hero?

Because drops are somewhat based off gear levels across all characters, so that good stuff on your main/in your vault boosts drops somewhat.

You don't have to.

So why is this feature not implemented in game?

Stop defending stupid design decisions. Maybe we should abolish all similiar tools because hey, there are forums after all. And new baby like discord. Wooohooo.

destiny 2 on sale for like $39 im tempted to buy it now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So why is this feature not implemented in game?

Stop defending stupid design decisions. Maybe we should abolish all similiar tools because hey, there are forums after all. And new baby like discord. Wooohooo.
    Well, there's guided games, but it's still in beta.

The fact is, it's not a required feature. You can handle things just fine without it. You need to stop mistaking "design decisions you don't subjectively like" with ones that are "stupid". If third-party resources can provide that functionality for those who want it, there's little reason for the developer to try to redesign the wheel.

Well, there's guided games, but it's still in beta.

The fact is, it's not a required feature. You can handle things just fine without it. You need to stop mistaking "design decisions you don't subjectively like" with ones that are "stupid". If third-party resources can provide that functionality for those who want it, there's little reason for the developer to try to redesign the wheel.
    Guided games are locked behind ticket system. Even if you dont finish instance your ticket is consumed. And they are season based.

Game lacks basic multiplayer features. There should not be need to have any third party software ever. You cant even write in clan chat for gods sake. You need to use discord.

in your logic - we can disable chats, except whispers in WoW. Because we got discord.

Chat functions and tools to help form groups are not some luxury. This is basic multiplayer stuff in 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Guided games are locked behind ticket system. Even if you dont finish instance your ticket is consumed. And they are season based.
    That's the beta aspect.

Game lacks basic multiplayer features. There should not be need to have any third party software ever. You cant even write in clan chat for gods sake. You need to use discord.
    Discord, or Bungie's own website. Which has clan chat.

in your logic - we can disable chats, except whispers in WoW. Because we got discord.
    WoW's a perfect example; third-party voice chat was practically necessary for raiding, and wasn't in the game until late in the first expansion, TBC. Even after adding it, the vast majority of people stuck with third-party voice chat, rather than use the in-game system. It's a perfect example that there's little to be gained by trying to re-invent the wheel, when third-party options already exist and are widely used. It's been that way for nearly a decade in WoW, so it isn't even that people are just a little slow to accept something new, either.

Chat functions and tools to help form groups are not some luxury. This is basic multiplayer stuff in 2017.
    I don't think I've ever seen Overwatch's general chat be useful for anything. I've certainly never used it to find a group, and can't recall seeing anyone else do so either. It exists, but I don't see the point of it.

Sure, team chat in the match matters, but fireteam chat exists in Destiny, already. As is voice chat, for that matter, for fireteam members.

Not QUITE true.

Once you get over about 280, rares and legendaries drop at about 5 points under your average. So as you upgrade some bits of gear from Powerful Rewards, you'll also get drops you can infuse to boost the bits that are lagging. Same goes for exotic drops, which aren't limited, but are often a PL upgrade. It's not JUST Powerful Gear, though those are the fast and consistent weekly options.
    Well, i'm seeing actually the opposite. I have power around 282, and all drops i get are 278. So everything i'm getting is not an upgrade excluding milestones. Maybe i'm just doing stuff wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Honestly, i don't know what my goal is. I can do everything without paying any attention to it, because stuff dies more or less in the same time with anything i try or use. That's why i don't feel any sensible upgrade.

And going along your MH comparison (which i like a lot btw) i can agree about the "meaningful progression" part, but the hwole crafting system and the fact every single weapon has multiple variants and changes playstyle completely makes the game feel much more complete and involving.

I don't want to say it because it's not true, but we're all here shooting stuff and different guns don't feel that different in first place. As @Endus said, theres is a need for more mod customization and actually more gunplay changing things to farm. Overall the system needs to have more depth than it currently has.

The sidegrades in Destiny 2 don't even feel sidegrades at all. The fashion game can be good only for so long.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Discord, or Bungie's own website. Which has clan chat.
    and is outside the game

Sure, team chat in the match matters, but fireteam chat exists in Destiny, already. As is voice chat, for that matter, for fireteam members.
    nobody's talking about fireteam chat, once you are in the fireteam you're good to go, we're talking about equivalents of /trade, /say, zone chats in WoW. for instance, public events, right now you can't tell people what to do to trigger them on heroic which means that if you get a lot of clueless randoms around there's a good chance you won't be able to trigger them to heroic by yourself with most other people working against you

or trying to find a team for nightfall / raid (not talking about guided games but trying to actually put a pug together) is all done with outside the game resources

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it your second hero?

Because drops are somewhat based off gear levels across all characters, so that good stuff on your main/in your vault boosts drops somewhat.
    Ooohhh. Yeah that explains it. Cool

Hey guys. Can see Destiny is on 35% sale so im quite hyped about buying.. Im actually only interested in the pve part of the game... will i be entertained for more than 30hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Hey guys. Can see Destiny is on 35% sale so im quite hyped about buying.. Im actually only interested in the pve part of the game... will i be entertained for more than 30hours?
    If you add all three classes and everything the game has to offer, your going to blast through the 30 hours for sure. Again, the game plays really well. They need to improve systems and the game is been out only two months actually.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If you add all three classes and everything the game has to offer, your going to blast through the 30 hours for sure. Again, the game plays really well. They need to improve systems and the game is been out only two months actually.
    Thx for that does it play well on this spec : i5 4690 3.2Ghz 8GB ram and a GTX 770 2 GB ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    and is outside the game
    So? Plenty of stuff occurs outside of games, like that.

nobody's talking about fireteam chat, once you are in the fireteam you're good to go, we're talking about equivalents of /trade, /say, zone chats in WoW. for instance, public events, right now you can't tell people what to do to trigger them on heroic which means that if you get a lot of clueless randoms around there's a good chance you won't be able to trigger them to heroic by yourself with most other people working against you
    Nobody's talking about Fireteam Chat despite Fireteam Chat being what they're claiming doesn't exist.

As for public events, honestly, people don't pay attention to chat even when it DOES exist. The majority of people know how those events work now, anyway.

or trying to find a team for nightfall / raid (not talking about guided games but trying to actually put a pug together) is all done with outside the game resources
    And I'm not seeing how that's a bad thing. The outside resources do the job just fine. I don't see why we need those already-used third-party systems and an internal system. And from Bungie's point of view, it means a significant investment in ongoing operating capital just to manage and monitor those chat systems. They'd be losing money, to provide a system that's already covered by third-party tools, so how are the players gaining?