The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Mmm, no. Overwatch is a good example of MT working. Post launch content is free for all but you can spend money on cosmetics that you also can get via ingame methods.
    The mere presence of MT in a premium game is an outrage.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not in online game , there is cost for server and such , as far as MT is only for cosmetic stuff i'm totally okay with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Not in online game , there is cost for server and such , as far as MT is only for cosmetic stuff i'm totally okay with it.
    That's bullshit. Premium games cover such costs with releasing expansions or having a SUBSCRIPTION or BOTH.
    Moreso Overwatch doesn't need Blizzard servers, it could have LAN play and be the same game. But there's no money in that, cannot sell MT in a game that is not connecting to your servers.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

That's bullshit. Premium games cover such costs with releasing expansions or having a SUBSCRIPTION or BOTH.
    Moreso Overwatch doesn't need Blizzard servers, it could have LAN play and be the same game. But there's no money in that, cannot sell MT in a game that is not connecting to your servers.
    Online game with actual decent server either gonna have SUBSCRIPTION (as u said ) or MT . As someone who dont care about cosmetic stuff i prefer MT for cosmetics. let other pay while i enjoy an online game with 1 time payment.

It doesn't matter if they contribute or not. There's no place for microtransactions in premium games. And any company that not only has them but also does things to increase the revenue is an outrage against humanity. No one in their right mind will defend them. "They are a bees knees" is not an excuse here. They are in the premium market employing freemium tactics. They should be publicly executed for this.
    Outrage against humanity... Dude you lost your mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Online game with actual decent server either gonna have SUBSCRIPTION (as u said ) or MT . As someone who dont care about cosmetic stuff i prefer MT for cosmetics. let other pay while i enjoy an online game with 1 time payment.
    Overwatch doesn't need servers. The only reason it has them is MONEY from MT. And all it gives you are idiots in pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't really give 2 shits if they increased the XP to get Bright Engrams. They are shit, I've no idea why anyone would spend money on them.

Oh, another shit looking ship. Oh a slightly faster mount, that doesn't feel faster for this small open world game.

I guess the emotes are cool for how ridiculous they are.

Bright Engrams could have been really good if they had lots of cool looking gear in them, but it looks like they sacked all their gear designers.

I also felt I was gaining Engrams too fast for what they are.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-11-28 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I dont think so. Overwatch is constantly evolving, as long as cosmetics only are behind a pay wall that I can unlock via play, I dont care. I dont think anyone cares.

Its when $ is tied to a game system, that people are outraged about.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if they contribute or not. There's no place for microtransactions in premium games. And any company that not only has them but also does things to increase the revenue is an outrage against humanity. No one in their right mind will defend them. "They are a bees knees" is not an excuse here. They are in the premium market employing freemium tactics. They should be publicly executed for this.
    Ignoring the ridiculous hyperbole, all you're doing here is saying that you, personally, don't like microtransactions.

That's fine. Don't pay money for 'em. Problem solved.

Wanting to keep them away from everyone who does like them and want them? Not okay. That's you trying to enforce your personal preferences on the entire marketplace, based on nothing but your complete inability to understand that most people don't agree with you.

Actually when they were added near the end of TTK Bungie specifically said "all Eververse microtransactions pay towards future events like Festival of the Lost and Crimson Days". Those events came and went twice in D1 then they stopped them. Halloween came and went in D2 and nothing came of it which made people ask "what is Eververse actually paying for?" and got met with silence. Another situation the userbase met with resigned disappointment from a userbase that loves the world and gameplay, but are getting used to Bungies way of doing things that is rarely if ever in favour of the consumer. They have never once intimated that the Eververse money goes towards anything but raw profit numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Ignoring the ridiculous hyperbole, all you're doing here is saying that you, personally, don't like microtransactions.

Wanting to keep them away from everyone who does like them and want them? Not okay. That's you trying to enforce your personal preferences on the entire marketplace, based on nothing but your complete inability to understand that most people don't agree with you.
    Really? You are defending a tactic in which not only you are requried to pay for the product, but also some parts of the product are tuned in such a way that encorages microtransactions? And you like them? What's next do you enjoy "online requried" for singleplayer games too? Do you know why it's requried now? For microtansaction validation and stealthy metrics collection (on how you behave in the game so they can be better at selling you MT in the future, you did create the account didn't you?). What happened to the good old CHEAT CODES? You want to PAY for them now? Willingly?

As I said no one in their right mind....

Had the day off from work yesterday so I was finally able to level my Hunter's light level.

Pulled the Wardcliff Coil and I am in love with how fast this thing melts groups of monsters and yellow bars alike, that combined with the instant reload perk on power ammo pickup and also with my Hunter dodge instant reload I can keep the death rain flowing.

Killed myself a lot with it last night as well trying to figure out optimal range but I had a lot of fun the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? You are defending a tactic in which not only you are requried to pay for the product, but also some parts of the product are tuned in such a way that encorages microtransactions? And you like them? What's next do you enjoy "online requried" for singleplayer games too? Do you know why it's requried now? For microtansaction validation and stealthy metrics collection (on how you behave in the game so they can be better at selling you MT in the future, you did create the account didn't you?). What happened to the good old CHEAT CODES? You want to PAY for them now? Willingly?

As I started reading through your post I thought to myself, this guy just wants to cheat..... and then you said it..... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    As I started reading through your post I thought to myself, this guy just wants to cheat..... and then you said it..... sigh
    I think we all got that :/
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Then you got that wrong. The point is that you want to PAY to cheat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I'm a bit torn on the microtransactions.

In free games, I think microtransactions are okay. The developers have to make money somehow, right?

In fully priced games? Not okay. They are just another way publishers (often not the developers, from my understanding) are fucking the customers. The latest Deus Ex? It's a single player, fully priced game (!!!!) that got it's microtransactions shoehorned pretty much at the last minute by the publisher. They are the evolved version of dlc, that evolved into on-disk dlc, that became into microtransactions (might have missed some in-between). Again, on a fully priced game.

And have you seen the backlash EA got from it's microtransactions in Battlefront II? Granted, it's also about the lootboxes (the current iteration of publishers fucking us) and P2W nature of it all, but in the end, it's still all microtransactions.

I don't know the nature of Destiny 2's microtransactions, but I'm pretty damn sure people don't like them either.

Been following Jim Sterling about these issues. He can argue way better than I can. I am more rabble rabble kind of person.

The point is, as long as we are okay with these practices, the publishers will just keep reaching for more.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-11-28 at 05:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then you got that wrong. The point is that you want to PAY to cheat.
    There's a pretty big gap between the people that want to pay to cheat (aka: for an advantage) and those that are willing to pay for extras that have zero impact on gameplay. Your pro-microtransaction crowd can't be lumped under one umbrella so easily, I'm afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    There's a pretty big gap between the people that want to pay to cheat (aka: for an advantage) and those that are willing to pay for extras that have zero impact on gameplay. Your pro-microtransaction crowd can't be lumped under one umbrella so easily, I'm afraid.
    There's no difference. If you prefer MT over a cheat - that's crazy. Instead of getting those extras for free you prefer to pay for them. That's CRAZY.

10+ Year Old Account

You can still use cheat codes, at least in single player stuff. As for the rest; I may not use those services, but I definitely don't have a problem with them existing for people who do want them. That's where you get ridiculous. You're just angry that other people like things that you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm a bit torn on the microtransactions.

In free games, I think microtransactions are okay. The developers have to make money somehow, right?

In fully priced games? Not okay. They are just another way publishers (often not the developers, from my understanding) are fucking the customers. The latest Deus Ex? It's a single player, fully priced game (!!!!) that got it's microtransactions shoehorned pretty much at the last minute by the publisher. They are the evolved version of dlc, that evolved into on-disk dlc, that became into microtransactions (might have missed some in-between). Again, on a fully priced game.
    The error you're making is with the phrase "fully priced game". You're using that with the impression that the full $60 purchase price automatically entails you to everything related to that product. And that's a claim without any basis in fact. It's a sense of entitlement you've invented for yourself, and that's it.

And have you seen the backlash EA got from it's microtransactions in Battlefront II? Granted, it's also about the lootboxes (the current iteration of publishers fucking us) and P2W nature of it all, but in the end, it's still all microtransactions.a
    The backlash was primarily about the P2W component, not that lootboxes exist at all. Hence why so many other games with lootboxes didn't draw such ire, before Battlefront 2.

The point is, as long as we are okay with these practices, the publishers will just keep reaching for more.
    Yes, as long as customers keep buying a product they enjoy, companies will continue to produce that desirable product. Literally how business works.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's no difference. If you prefer MT over a cheat - that's crazy. Instead of getting those extras for free you prefer to pay for them. That's CRAZY.
    The cheats that used to be don't exist in today's market. There would be no extras to obtain for free. The relevant discussion is whether or not people are willing to pay for continued development on a title after it launches, and if yes, how to finance it.