Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    It was actually a genuine question. I didn't even defend them in my post lmao, I just literally said a lot of the changes coming are addressing all the problems that everyone has had, and asked what it would take for people like you to either be happy, or move on from the game? But as per usual, instead of a genuine reply it's just "Bungie shill" lol. Waste of time.
    Just to answer your question...It'll take more than a video to get me to change my mind that's for sure. I want to wait about a month after release to see what people are saying before I decide whether it's worth my money or not. Bungie does not deserve forgiveness until they've actually earned it. I don't think the annual pass is the right direction. The last 2 DLC weren't worth the money, and now they're releasing 3 minor content drops as a $30-35 dlc and people are losing their minds like it's the best change ever. I don't have faith in bungie to make a good $10 dlc. I don't really care about the cost, but it does bug me that there is a cost for something like that. Something that we've essentially been getting for free now has an added cost. I honestly had a hard time giving a shit about anything from the announcement after they announced the annual pass. Some of the stuff shown in the video does look pretty good, but it is not going to get me hyped.

It blows my mind how many people have been so critical of D2, but as soon as they release a video on the next DLC they've completely forgotten about the state of D2 since release. I mean, people were going nuts just because of the ability to dismantle stacks of shaders. The people on this forum are a little more grounded to reality at least, but on reddit the hype is really strong right now. I would love for D2 to be a game I jump into regularly again, but until I have actually seen all of the changes in the game, and not just on paper, I'm not going to bother defending bungie.

Pretty much everything skillup mentioned in his video is something I agree with.

When I watched the reveal video there wasn't a single thing I wasn't excited about. What's wrong with that? I like the game but it's not perfect, it has alot of problems and the update looks to fix alot of those problems and improve the game so yeah people like me are happy. We are critical of the game but that's just because we want to see it be improved and that's what's happening.

The way I see it there are two types of people who complain about Destiny. There are the people who enjoy the game but want to see improvements made and then there are those who complain simply for the sake of complaining. They don't actually care about the game they just hang around because they like to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post

The way I see it there are two types of people who complain about Destiny. There are the people who enjoy the game but want to see improvements made and then there are those who complain simply for the sake of complaining. They don't actually care about the game they just hang around because they like to complain.
    The way I see it you just complain about people complaining.

Now were do we get?

People have different opinions, its a forum for discussion on those opinions. Not a "you can only praise and think positive thoughts about the game otherwise why would you be here" like that reasoning makes any sense at all.

I'm bitter at Bungie for being so crap at their job. And greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    pretty sure reply to your question was give. and that would be... NOT CHARGE THE PRICE OF A FULL GAME on top of already paying for a full game for what should have been in the game from the start.

mind you, I'm still in a group of "enjoying Destiny 2 at the moment" but that price tag for what's actualy included in it is absolutely nuts. for me one of good indications of interest is watching wow token prices, becasue bnet balance. usualy when something new gets announced, like a game or expansion - prices jump up then shift back down a little, but not all the way down. they did it when Destiny 2 was first announce, they did it with BfA, they even did it with CoD. there was NO change in regular price fluctuations of a token prices post Forsaken being added to the store. its interesting, no?

they barely have enough good will to get people back, period. they do not have anywhere near the base that they think they have, to charge this much.
    See this I can get behind. You enjoy the game, realise it's flaws and actually present yourself very well.

Me I'm very heavy handed with it but that's just the way I am after seeing Bungie absolutely make a mess of this. I'm a heavy handed critic and I'm not going to change that just because some people get upset over it.

I don't mind if people enjoy the game. Good on them. What I mind is people blindly defending the game and trying to dismiss anyone's critique as blindly bashing the game. It solves nothing. It irritates me to no end because it's part of the reason some games I used to really enjoy went to shit. Two notable ones for me being Mechwarrior and Rift.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-06 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The way I see it you just complain about people complaining.

Now were do we get?

People have different opinions, its a forum for discussion on those opinions. Not a "you can only praise and think positive thoughts about the game otherwise why would you be here" like that reasoning makes any sense at all.

I'm bitter at Bungie for being so crap at their job. And greedy.
    No I've spoken many times about things I don't like but apparently liking it at all means I'm never negative about it. People like you only care about people who agree with you and anyone who actually finds something positive to say about it you just attack them for it. People like you don't want to discuss anything you want to talk about how much the game sucks with people who agree with your opinion.

No I've spoken many times about things I don't like but apparently liking it at all means I'm never negative about it. People like you only care about people who agree with you and anyone who actually finds something positive to say about it you just attack them for it. People like you don't want to discuss anything you want to talk about how much the game sucks with people who agree with your opinion.
    I dont really care if people think its a good game I know they are wrong and I just think they have bad taste, but guess what? That is ok! People like Taylor swifts music as well and I dont understand it. People liking different things is a good thing otherwise life would get boring.

One dude in this thread said hes put 300 hours into it already which I just find absolutely mind boggling and cannot fathom how someone can enjoy destiny for 300 hours and amassing that amount so quickly. I never said anything because he/she can do what they want to do.

When people pop in with the "why are you shitting on destiny, get a life move on" that kinda crap pisses me off because its clear as day why people are angry with destiny and bungies handling of it

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Warframe should only be the fourth person game like it is.
    God damn it Garak no spoilers outside the dabo tables.

Looks pretty cool, but yeah no way i'll buy the base game + all the dlc's just to play it unless they come out with some sort of a bundle for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Looks pretty cool, but yeah no way i'll buy the base game + all the dlc's just to play it unless they come out with some sort of a bundle for cheaper.
    The Base+DLC should most definitely be reduced to £20 at least.

Sorry but the base game + 2 expansions aren't worth £50.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    See this I can get behind. You enjoy the game, realise it's flaws and actually present yourself very well.

Me I'm very heavy handed with it but that's just the way I am after seeing Bungie absolutely make a mess of this. I'm a heavy handed critic and I'm not going to change that just because some people get upset over it.

I don't mind if people enjoy the game. Good on them. What I mind is people blindly defending the game and trying to dismiss anyone's critique as blindly bashing the game. It solves nothing. It irritates me to no end because it's part of the reason some games I used to really enjoy went to shit. Two notable ones for me being Mechwarrior and Rift.
    I didn't see the flaws much at first, i just liked feeling epic and like i actualy had a handle over controls (one of the main reasons I'm still enjoying the game because my god, combat feels good to me, and that almost never happens for me when it comes to first person shooters), but I've gotten quite a bit further into the game now and yeah... there are issues.

and even if I had no issues at all with the game, I'd have to be blind and deaf not to see that a LOT of other people do. like... a LOT. and that is not good for the health of the game. if majority of your potential players are angry with you, you do NOT make them angrier by pricing the game the way they did. and honestly? i'm kinda iffy with the way season pass is sold as well. don't laugh, but i actualy very much enjoy the game for its setting and its story. that the pass is going to be thinner on the story - doesn't bode well. but will it have ANY story? what exactly are the bonus drops? will they be necessary? vital? pointless? something in between. i do know that the cost of buying the pass and expansion separately is going to be higher then buying a bundle. becasue that's how it worked with prior bundles. so that now makes me iffy about buying expansion as well. is the story worth it? the only multiplayer I do in this game is super small scale with a tiny clan that i'm in. occasionally. I don't pvp (again, don't laugh, its just something that i do not enjoy, but.. that also makes content i DO enjoy even more sparse). I do still like Division (and play it more then Destiny actualy) but I was burned on full priced season pass there as well with one of the DLC's being completely useless to me. Destiny 2 is sounding like a dejavu of that for now.

and honestly? I rolled my eyes so hard and some of the stuff they said about gambit. you know about people who don't normally enjoy pvp being all excited about it. they really are deluded, aren't they.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    I thought they didn't own halo franchise anymore
    They haven't owned halo for about 18 years. The sold it to microsoft a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    They haven't owned halo for about 18 years. The sold it to microsoft a long time ago.
    I'm pretty sure they still actively developed it until 343 took over.

Will admit as I said earlier an honest mistake on my part. Don't even know why I thought they still worked on it. Probably explains why I felt so different about Halo 4 and 5 I guess.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 12:50 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they still actively developed it until 343 took over.

Will admit as I said earlier an honest mistake on my part. Don't even know why I thought they still worked on it. Probably explains why I felt so different about Halo 4 and 5 I guess.
    I know it's off topic but yes, they still worked on 2 and 3 but at the point microsoft already owned the Halo IP.

- - - Updated - - -

There we go.

Tell me that isn't an absolute cash grab if you only own the base game.

I mean. I haven't seen a game that doesn't make you purchase the previous expansion packs to play the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I saw a funny game going on the reddit, just search the name of the people shilling it hard there on youtube and 9 times out of 10 its someone with a destiny focussed ailing youtube channel. Thats some high tier shillvalry to still be in deep this far in.
    That’s Esoterrick on here. He always pops into this thread around the time Destiny gets a DLC, huge update, or game launch and shills it hardcore while trying to drown out/disprove anyone who disagrees with him. And guess what? He has a YouTube channel that has a pretty heavy focus on Destiny. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I know it's off topic but yes, they still worked on 2 and 3 but at the point microsoft already owned the Halo IP.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean. I haven't seen a game that doesn't make you purchase the previous expansion packs to play the new one.
    Very debatable calling those 2 things expansions.

The story was extremely subpar, the raids were just additions to the current ones and Mercury is an absolute cesspit of a planet.

Also it's not about having to own them. Bungie shouldn't make that a requirement after the mess they made of this game. It's more throw some goodwill and try and get players back.

All they've essentially done is condense it into a £50 pack that includes the first trilogy bit. On top of a £35 pack for the expansion. That's £85. Even MMORPGs which actually have content aren't that expensive to get into.

Look at WoW. £10 to get the game upto 100 with 30 days time and £40 more to get Legion with a BFA prepurchase. That's a good consumer model right there. Sure you pay more over the year so not the best example but it's still healthy way to target new players.

Or look at ESO which is B2P. £55 gets you the base game, Morrowind and Summerset. And 4 DLC packs worth about £30 thrown in give or take. That is good. That's also at least £18 for the trilogy.

Bungie's consumer model is just... awful. It makes no attempt to healthily target new players. Plus if a returning player has only the base game or just Curse of Osiris they have to buy Warmind for £16 plus drop £35 on Forsaken. And considering the majority of players left before Warmind it's safe to say a lot don't own it.

There are perfect examples of good business models out there. Bungie's is not one of them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-07 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, as salty as we all are...y'all do realize that the changes on the roadmap won't require Forsaken, right? Granted you'll miss out on playing the new content which is where most folks will be, but all the changes to stuff like random weapon rolls, weapon slot changes, shader deletion etc. will all bee accessible regardless of what DLC/expansions you own.

And as shitty as it is that you need to own DLC1/2, it was something they did with D1 as well. Was really hoping they'd move away from it with the sequel, but I guess money is money and they like them some money.
    That excuse is so weak it’s basically pointless to even bring it up.

“Guys! You get access to these changes! But most of the player base will have moved on to the new raid and PvE areas, leaving you behind. But you get the changes!”

Why people even bring them at up as some sort of consolation is beyond me. It’s almost insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

“Guys! You get access to these changes! But most of the player base will have moved on to the new raid and PvE areas, leaving you behind. But you get the changes!”

Why people even bring them at up as some sort of consolation is beyond me. It’s almost insulting.
    To be fair it's nice all the playerbase gets the changes.

It's just the monetary value needed to get into the game is a bit gross.

But you do have a point. The changes are moot if let's say a friend buys the DLC and you don't and they are busy clearing the new raid while you are stuck with Leviathan which quite frankly was arguably the worst raid brought in.

All they've essentially done money wise is knock off the cost of the mediocre 2 expansions for a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

Because some folks seem to be under the impression you need to buy Forsaken to gain access to those changes, which you don't.

Also, it's not an excuse? It's pointing out a fact. Enhance your calm, my guy, no need to take offense so easily.

Because some folks seem to be under the impression you need to buy Forsaken to gain access to those changes, which you don't.

Also, it's not an excuse? It's pointing out a fact. Enhance your calm, my guy, no need to take offense so easily.
    I do agree. The changes for everyone are nice. They could have been done in a patch a lot sooner but well at least they are giving the needed changes to non expansion owners.

What if a new player pays £50 for the base collection and wants to play with their friends in Forsaken? £85 to get into a game initially is seriously a large amount dude. Only using UK pounds of course because that's where I'm from. Roughly that should convert to around $100-110?

The base collection should be a lot cheaper imo. The cost to get this game plus Forsaken should be no more than £60.

Feels like you're not paying attention. These fixes are coming in a patch they aren't tied to the expansion if you already own the game these changes cost you nothing.
    Feels like you’re not paying attention. What good are the changes if you don’t own the new expansion to play all the new content where almost everyone else will be at? So great, some QoL improvements are being given for free. Where are you going to use them? In the Leviathan raid where no one else is?

- - - Updated - - -

So why even bring it up? It’s so pointless that it doesn’t even need to be said.