Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    They totally do. I queued as level 7. I spent most of my time licking dirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Just about every vendor in the tower. Vangard is by the shipwright, exclusive class icons and emblems with the speaker, PVP weapons by the shipwright with more weapons and armor by the mentors. And speaking of the mentors, Vangard armor is sold by them. More things unlock as you level though... things that take those odd materials you pick up from time to time.
    I'm level 23. Should've said that.

For some reason I thought they were offering them for free. Oopsie.

On that note: anyone wanna group up for Level 20+ Heroic Strikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished at 10 (maybe 11). about to get some sleep anyone who has this on PS4 feel free to add me. Will be looking for friends to do stuff with -- Bradskee
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    how does it chose who gets a reward at the end of pvp? i just finally won a game, top of my team with 900 more points than 2nd place, more kills, more assists everything, but i get no reward and some guy who was like 4th on the team gets a reward. is it just random?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    how does it chose who gets a reward at the end of pvp? i just finally won a game, top of my team with 900 more points than 2nd place, more kills, more assists everything, but i get no reward and some guy who was like 4th on the team gets a reward. is it just random?
    Pretty sure it's random, as I did pathetically bad in my game and got a reward. The reward turned out to be crap as well, maybe it was mocking my bad play...

Not sure how much I will PVP in this game as I am just terrible with a controller.

Deleted
    holy shit this phogoth boss!

10+ Year Old Account
    Until a PC version comes out I am watching eurogamer's let's play. Warning, spoilers.

A number of lets plays appear to be up.

Also both the X1 and PS4 are in the yellow on metacritic! Will they power into the green within the next day or two?

PA's strip for today raises an interesting point.

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Until a PC version comes out I am watching eurogamer's let's play. Warning, spoilers.

A number of lets plays appear to be up.

Also both the X1 and PS4 are in the yellow on metacritic! Will they power into the green within the next day or two?

PA's strip for today raises an interesting point.
    Hmm, pretty sure I saw you slating this game yesterday, now you are watching lets plays and going to buy it on PC (when it's out).

Me thinks it's random, but when you hit level 20, it's much more frequent.

Already Light Level 23 from just PVPing..

Keep in mind though I'm usually close to first place in PVP, so that might be why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Looking people to play with, PS4, US-East Coast, currently level 11.

PM me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Hmm, pretty sure I saw you slating this game yesterday, now you are watching lets plays and going to buy it on PC (when it's out).
    Hehe... Why do people always think I'm a hater? I've developed quite the allergy to hype over the last decade. So the more spectacularly a game fails to live up to that hype? The better. I had never heard of Bungie Studios being referred to as Bungle Studios until yesterday and found it hilarious. I found the peevishness over the zero's on metacritic, priceless. Saw "borderlands without the fun bits" mentioned enough times that I was curious.

I actually bought the SimCity reboot just to see if it was actually as bad as everyone was claiming. So I'll gleefully dance on every corpse the hype train leaves in its wake and if the product does hold up under the harsh glare of the post-launch sun? Might buy it and play it myself.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2014-09-10 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Sentence Enhancers
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'd like to give people some advice when it comes to guns in PVP - I learned this the hard way.

I typically saved one of each type of gun in my inventory because of PVP scaling, but there's more than that to think about.

In PVE it's pretty cut and dry which gun is better, Ilevel (DPS#) is pretty much everything. I was making the mistake of ignoring the Impact/Rate/range/reload bars however. In PVP, the peak DPS# means nothing and the "bars" determine effectiveness - a bullet's damage is scaled based on the rate of fire of the gun, the size of the magazine, and the category of weapon - assuming the those bars are always evenly distributed. In short if you have an AutoRifle with a huge clip and a very fast rate of fire - it will do virtually zero damage to a player. If you want to kill faster, look for Impact, provided you aren't one to miss. Find a "sweet" spot, don't trade too much damage for clip larger than you need, or a ROF that would likely just lead to more missed shots.

Instead of vendoring all of your "inferior guns" as you get new ones, keep ones with varying levels of behavior. There will also likely be a lot of overlap with coefficients as well, a faster firing, large clip scout rifle might overlap with a slower firing pulse rifle.

Of course once you start getting weapons with "perks" this becomes murky - this is just advice for people leveling and pvping.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Impact/Reload/Range/ROF bars are always evenly distributed?
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-09-10 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    man that Phogoth boss was insanely hard, two level 11s and a level 10 took us so long. but no wipes! we all died about 30 times each though D:

the boss seems to have no weak spot, and we ended up holding out in the room you enter from, the shrieker that spawns in there killed us so many times :>

man that Phogoth boss was insanely hard, two level 11s and a level 10 took us so long. but no wipes! we all died about 30 times each though D:

the boss seems to have no weak spot, and we ended up holding out in the room you enter from, the shrieker that spawns in there killed us so many times :>
    His stomach is a weakspot, but that's really hard to hit when he's firing so many bolts of energy at you constantly. I did it first try as well, no wipes and only a few deaths (Along with everyone else). That fight is so much harder because of the amount of knights and wizards that spawn, not the boss itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    His stomach is a weakspot, but that's really hard to hit when he's firing so many bolts of energy at you constantly. I did it first try as well, no wipes and only a few deaths (Along with everyone else). That fight is so much harder because of the amount of knights and wizards that spawn, not the boss itself.
    yeah, if it was just the boss it would have been pretty easy, but with so many mobs coming at us we got stuck in that little room :>

also, ill ask again. public events? anyone seen any, i saw one in beta but have not seen a single one on live yet.

yeah, if it was just the boss it would have been pretty easy, but with so many mobs coming at us we got stuck in that little room :>

also, ill ask again. public events? anyone seen any, i saw one in beta but have not seen a single one on live yet.
    I caught one on the moon near hellmouth, pretty tough. Luckily so many players we got 3 stars.

Saw two, first one was just there and gone after a few seconds. The next one I did was a survival type public event, contributed the most on kills and keeping the enemies away from the target; still got bronze. I assume most public events don't care about personal contribution but if you did it 100% or not.

Deleted
    wow, I took day off from mmo-champion (to busy playing Destiny of course) and there's already 12 pages,
    I pretty much knew peole will start shitting on this game "bla bla bla metacritics, bla bla bla Borderlands 2 bla bla bla mmo, you never disappoint gaming community /s

Personally I'm loving this game so far, I knew from start it isn't some sort of fully fledged mmo rpg with houndreds of levels etc. If you compare Destiny to mmo, then sure it's seems rather small, but when you compare it to other FPS shooters it's bloody amazing and massive. Does CoD have open world, strikes, raids,? no id doesn't
    does Borderlands 2 have persistent world, PvP mode? no it doesn't.
    People compare it to other games, but as a whole there's no other game like this on the market.

I notice many of you said strikes are hard, and yeah I thought otherwise after Devil's Lair, but after that Moon Strike I must agree. We were trying like 6 times and had to give up on last boss, really hard encounter, and this was only normal mode (I don't complain though, there's something to work for), jsut imagine what raids going to be? damn!
    I laso tried PvP, and man that was harsh, My first game and our team was completly demolished, second game, and my team wrecked opposition. That's why I'm not really a fan of PvP in general, everything depends of luck too much. Will you get shitty players for your team, or good ones? will you face noobs or guys who won international tournaments? meh

There's only 1 aspect of game I wish would have been better - story.
    I'm only lvl 13 so far and did 2 missins on Venus, so maybe it's better later on, but so far I'm pretty bored with it. I wish there was more personal strory in this, I wish I could care about my guardian, but he seems like a tool - raised from the dead and start killing aliens without asking a question.
    Overal setting with Traveller, Golden Age, Darkness , last hope of mankind is really great, but missions are lacking variety, it's pretty much go there, scan that, and kill waves of enemies - repeat. Luckily Destiny will be evolving game and i hope Bungie will put more focus on story later on.

Oh yeah one more thing, congratulations to Bungie/Activision/Sony for great smooth launch, I had no problem at all so far, and could play as soon as they opened servers.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2014-09-10 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are any clans recruiting my gamertag is: E Street XX
    Currently rolling a Titan. I play on the Xbox One btw

His weak spot is on his stomach, its a glowing yellow sac

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    His weak spot is on his stomach, its a glowing yellow sac
    Ah, so big enemies are afflicted by Giant Glowy SHOOT ME HERE Syndrome in this game as well? It's strange how many games find their NPC's infected with that disease, something really needs to be done about it : (