Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    You can thank bungie for that by using player hosts still. I love bungie, but that was their biggest mistake with the game overall to me personally. No current gen(ps4/XB1) games should be using player hosts anymore.
    +1 to This. Especially when they are both charging for their online services...

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    +1 to This. Especially when they are both charging for their online services...
    Well MS has the dedicated servers but I don't think Sony has them..So I think they went this route because they wanted parity for the crucible between systems. This is personal opinion and not fact, but it's the only thing that makes sense for not utilizing Xbox One's dedicated servers. Either way this is supposed to be "next-gen" and there isn't an excuse anymore for player hosting, The fact that PS+ and XBL are required for online multiplayer means they should have the money to have dedicated servers for multiplayer games.

I don't mind the player host to much as I'm very used to it from playing so much halo 2/3 but yeah these days they shouldn't be using it as many other FPS's I've played in the past couple of years like BF4/CS:GO a little CoD all have servers now and it gets rid of network lag. I've had probably 4-5 games that had a bad player host out of 162 crucible matches so far so it's not to bad and even when someone on the other team is host you can still destroy them unlike in Halo 2 if you where somewhat competent you'd get destroyed by host even if their BR wasn't great as they could land disgusting 4 shot's.

Regardless PVP is a blast and I hope to see customs added in and Bungie steps up the esports side as I think this would do well in MLG and other tournaments.

Is there any proof that PvP is player hosted? I've never once had a blackscreen to change hosts or anything of that sort that happens in literally every single P2P multiplayer game. I couldn't find much from Bungie on PvP networking. Just the rest of the game.

Deleted
    Anyone want to help me with the level 28 daily heroic story? Im at the last boss right now but those fucking stealth vandals fuck me up solo (Mobs do much more melee dmg)

PS4: MV_K1NG-01

- - - Updated - - -

OMG just did it. But that boss with melee dmg increase is a fucking nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

Still looking for 2 players for the weekly heroic strike on lvl 28 (PS4).

My PSN is mentioned above. Please add me.

Well you couldn't pay me enough money to participate in the craptastic pvp ever again.

I did however, find out why this game doesn't have voice.

Namely because I'd spend all day shouting at the jackasses in strikes. Like the summoning pit last boss, why the fuck would 2 people be dead in the middle of the goddamn room? What possible series of thoughts could have occurred to make them think, hey it's a great idea to run through the only open, undefended part of the entire goddamn fight. Honestly...
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Has anyone tried the heroic story with against angry shield carrying Cabal? Here's a hint: Don't. Because sooner or later that mob is going to turn yellow, and you are going to be forced to stand still for a minute while you shoot the smallest hit box in the world in order to damage them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Has anyone tried the heroic story with against angry shield carrying Cabal? Here's a hint: Don't. Because sooner or later that mob is going to turn yellow, and you are going to be forced to stand still for a minute while you shoot the smallest hit box in the world in order to damage them.
    Standing, whut? I don't quite understand what that is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Servers offline? Any Info on how long? Or isn't it a planned maintenance or something?
    https://twitter.com/LizardSquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Hopefully they are done with testing soon,

- - - Updated - - -

Oh now I get it. That dude is not a bungie employee so the servers are offline for other reason. Shit

Fucking lizardsquad, just got the game and now they mess with the servers.

Some depressed kids with social issues. Ofcourse this makes everyone look up at them...

Deleted
    You should definately create 2 alts that you can use to do the daily public event stuff with. Got a shard and energy from doing that. Really speeds up the upgrade stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    One thing that annoys me is every boss has the same design as a foe I already killed. To me thats just lazy as hell.

Also I think this game would be 10x more fun if I could play in 3rd person. The sword quest on the moon may be the only quest I enjoyed and its just because of that.
    It's one of the reasons I like the archon priest boss. He's unlike the other stationary big bosses that won't let you LoS for 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's one of the reasons I like the archon priest boss. He's unlike the other stationary big bosses that won't let you LoS for 3 seconds.
    That boss's skin has been used as well. He looks just like the boss you first kill but hes just bigger.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I've given up on the summoning pit. Pugs go full retard on the matchmaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I've given up on the summoning pit. Pugs go full retard on the matchmaker.
    What level are you?

Gets easier the higher you play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What level are you?

Gets easier the higher you play it.
    Level 13, I have no real issues other than eventually getting overwhelmed because my two jackass team mates decide to run through the middle for fuck knows why.

The morons I end up grouped with can not stay alive long enough to do any reasonable damage to the trash or the boss.

Deleted
    There are some mighty antisocial guys around. I was on my level 3 warlock to do the daily public event when it spawned in the mothyards. I had to defeat 3 extraction zones but I was alone there so I had a problem. On the second zone a level 25 guy showed up but instead of helping he just drove straight to his motherfucking cave farm.

I would have stopped on my level 27 hunter. How comes that when there are Events spawning you are always alone in the Zone? Fucking annoying

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Those fuckers can burn in hell....They seriously have no damn lives....