Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Here’s some food for thought then.

I have over 2,000 hours in Destiny 1 and enough hours in D2 to have all 3 of my characters at 305 power level. I’ve completed the raid multiple times over, went flawless in trials, and done everything there is to do in the game currently (including prestige mode Leviathan raid). And I agree with most of what Jt has said.

You on the other hand hadn’t played the game at all until today and were defending shit you knew nothing about yet.

If anyone is to be taken as a joke here, it is most definitely YOU.
    what? ive been playing on xbone lol 3 chars 305, numerous raid completions, trials, and every event. you high?
    or just talking out your ass again?
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2017-10-25 at 01:49 AM.

PC Players: If the game starts to feel odd,sluggish and your getting FPS drops restart it.

Watching a stream now and each person in this group has experienced this issue. No clue how wide spread it is and its after extended periods (few hrs) of time.

There mite be a memory leak issue.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-25 at 01:51 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Cant even get mine to start. Launch it and it says game running then fails to boot up and get an error report that says destiny 2 has stopped working...

updated all my windows stuff. Got the NVIDA driver upgrade. Im stumped.

Heard theres a problem with laptops playing it in full screen mode which might be the problem but how do I turn it onto windowed mode when I cant get into the game :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep that is a shitty move, Even more so since for these people the game ran fine in Beta.
    Yeah that absolutely shocked me to learn that my AMD Phenom II was considered outdated. That thing is a fucking trooper and is running many current games just fine.

I also ran the Beta smooth as silk.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Yeah that absolutely shocked me to learn that my AMD Phenom II was considered outdated. That thing is a fucking trooper and is running many current games just fine.

I also ran the Beta smooth as silk.
    Same here, and I presume many others did, too, based off the forums over at Bungie. It's not looking good. Between this and the console playerbase saying the game is already "dying" (hyperbole, I know, but it's concerning for new buyers), I'm questioning if this change has allowed me to dodge a $60 bullet.

Apparently theres been some very interesting voice files datamined in the PC client. Outside of the stuff already seen on PS4/Xbone of course.

Spoilers

A new Fallen house going full hive tier zombie wizards called The House of Dusk.
    Zavala talking about a "world coiled in worms" that 'were idle for a time but no longer'
    Two new locations in Destiny mentioned. Ganymide and 'The myriad'
    Lines about all 4 D1 patrol zones
    Phobos and Mercury -which at this point is almost surely files for Curse of Osiris next month
    Petra and Varicks are back
    as is Sparrow League Racing
    Shiro 4 is the Mercury NPC which answers where he buggered off to after Rise of Iron
    Worms on the Moon
    A new Speaker which is probably Ikora
    Osiris returns to the Tower, probably replacing her as the warlock class trainer
    Ghosts datamined that offer more resource drops "on Nessus and on The Myriad" which kind of sounds like a ship and might be connected to the Warmind expansion next year.
    Lines talking about 'Following Eris back to Oryx's floating Tomb to shut it down forever'
    Some interesting lines from clearly scrapped D2 story suggesting Cayde was supposed to die in the battle for the Tower, not just lose a hand.
    Future War Cult want to plunder something on the Dreadnaught
    There is something huge on the edge of the solar system that is the key to accessing old human colonies beyond the Sol system
    A fourth energy type which might just be the discovery of the SIVA that the Exodus Black was supposedly carrying, people have been asking for a SIVA spec for a year now and a new spec in D2's expansions would be unsurprising. I'd be down for a SIVA hunter class
    Sounds like the Warmind DLC will be adding back the patrol zones from D1 including lines like 'The Key to the Warminds is buried deep below the cosmodrome'
    Something is going on in The Vault of Glass and The Black Garden and the Vex are 'taking forms never seen before'
    Something called 'The Season of Renewal' with a voice i do not recognise
    Files for 'expansion 2: rasputin' which really suggest the theories of Rise of Iron originally being the second D2 expansion might be legit which are probably leftovers
    festival of the lost, valentines and the dawning files
    All 3 factions have mission lines talking about Ishtar Sink, The Hellmouth, Cosmodrome and dreadnaught but interestingly not a single line in the entire section about Venus, not even a reference. Maybe the Vex are going to mechanise it in Curse of Osiris?

All pretty interesting but from a current D2 standpoint the total lack of Savathun and the new Ravenous Taken is interesting in and of itself. Maybe the 'comet' of D2 is The Taken Queen?

did they not add clan chat or region chat in pc version?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    what? ive been playing on xbone lol 3 chars 305, numerous raid completions, trials, and every event. you high?
    or just talking out your ass again?
    Only person talking out of their ass is you.

And yes I have done all of that. Have all three characters at 305 (one of each class). Been clearing the raid three times a week since it came out. Been doing the prestige Nightfall at least twice a week since week 2. Have went flawless in Trials once so far in D2 (haven’t bothered to do it any more because of how shitty I find the PvP to be in D2). Done all the exotic quests. I’ve literally done everything that there has been to do so far in the game (minus the PS exclusive stuff because I play on XO). I’ve got 220 hours in D2 according to my account.

So yeah, I’ve got a pretty good understanding of the game. Something you apparently don’t have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short question:
    I just started playing. Does the game have secret areas / secrets hidden out-of-sight? In the first areas I did some exploring, checked behind rocks and debris and so on, but so far nothing.
    Maybe it's not that kind of game?

And yes I have done all of that. Have all three characters at 305 (one of each class). Been clearing the raid three times a week since it came out. Been doing the prestige Nightfall at least twice a week since week 2. Have went flawless in Trials once so far in D2 (haven’t bothered to do it any more because of how shitty I find the PvP to be in D2). Done all the exotic quests. I’ve literally done everything that there has been to do so far in the game (minus the PS exclusive stuff because I play on XO). I’ve got 220 hours in D2 according to my account.

So yeah, I’ve got a pretty good understanding of the game. Something you apparently don’t have.
    i understand it far better then you clearly. i can also read better then you, as i never said you didnt do those things. lol keep trying kid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Short question:
    I just started playing. Does the game have secret areas / secrets hidden out-of-sight? In the first areas I did some exploring, checked behind rocks and debris and so on, but so far nothing.
    not really there are some chests and open world dungeons, but that doesnt come until you are in the open world (i.e not doing main storyline)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Short question:
    Not so much. There is stuff in the open world you can scan with your ghost now and then but if the datamining is all true a solid 90% of it is straight up 'obscure and obtuse for its own sake' stuff with no baring on anything beyond 'those vex a wierd shit huh?'

The only one thats gotten any real interest is in second hub after the story. You can go into a hangar and climb up into some pipes to find a secret room with icons for a additional gun crafter that only has two weapons in the entire game found by the original surviving human warriors that rose up after the collapse and before the proto feudal lord guardians along with a Diary thats all blacked out formerly owned by Ana Bray.

i understand it far better then you clearly. i can also read better then you, as i never said you didnt do those things. lol keep trying kid

- - - Updated - - -

not really there are some chests and open world dungeons, but that doesnt come until you are in the open world (i.e not doing main storyline)
    Ahhh yes. Calling someone a kid is a sure fire way to prove your maturity. And it’s also a sure fire way to make sure your post gets taken seriously. /s

Ahhh yes. Calling someone a kid is a sure fire way to prove your maturity. And it’s also a sure fire way to make sure your post gets taken seriously. /s
    its deserved for your low level trolling. again, keep trying, its at least entertaining watching you degrade into making shit up.

its deserved for your low level trolling. again, keep trying, its at least entertaining watching you degrade into making shit up.
    The irony in this post is amazing, It really is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It really is isn’t it? I think he confused me with himself.

- - - Updated - - -

You’ll have to forgive me on the XO part. I thought you were one of the trolls that’s been in here needlessly defending the game even though they had claimed they hadn’t touched the game yet because they were waiting to play it on PC.

But you WERE acting like them, so yeah....
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-10-25 at 03:45 AM.

It really is isn’t it? I think he confused me with himself.

- - - Updated - - -

You’ll have to forgive me on the XO part. I thought you were one of the trolls that’s been in here needlessly defending the game even though they had claimed they hadn’t touched the game yet because they were waiting to play it on PC.
    you are forgiven.

Deleted

So whats the issue here? 220 hours for a full price game is pretty good. There will be dlcs with more content so whats bad about stopping playing till then? Do people need an online game to keep them addicted endlessly for it to be a success?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    So whats the issue here? 220 hours for a full price game is pretty good. There will be dlcs with more content so whats bad about stopping playing till then? Do people need an online game to keep them addicted endlessly for it to be a success?
    Hes obsessed, Been moaning about the game on these forums for a month.

I cant even play the game and cant understand how much he seems to be annoyed by this game

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    he and jt log onto forums to just bitch about the game daily. its their hobby. if you include forum whining time, they both have another 100 hours of play

Jt and Zephyr, point was taken pages ago. If you don't have anything to contribute please stop for all the rest of our sakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Apparently theres been some very interesting voice files datamined in the PC client. Outside of the stuff already seen on PS4/Xbone of course.

Spoilers

A new Fallen house going full hive tier zombie wizards called The House of Dusk.
    Zavala talking about a "world coiled in worms" that 'were idle for a time but no longer'
    Two new locations in Destiny mentioned. Ganymide and 'The myriad'
    Lines about all 4 D1 patrol zones
    Phobos and Mercury -which at this point is almost surely files for Curse of Osiris next month
    Petra and Varicks are back
    as is Sparrow League Racing
    Shiro 4 is the Mercury NPC which answers where he buggered off to after Rise of Iron
    Worms on the Moon
    A new Speaker which is probably Ikora
    Osiris returns to the Tower, probably replacing her as the warlock class trainer
    Ghosts datamined that offer more resource drops "on Nessus and on The Myriad" which kind of sounds like a ship and might be connected to the Warmind expansion next year.
    Lines talking about 'Following Eris back to Oryx's floating Tomb to shut it down forever'
    Some interesting lines from clearly scrapped D2 story suggesting Cayde was supposed to die in the battle for the Tower, not just lose a hand.
    Future War Cult want to plunder something on the Dreadnaught
    There is something huge on the edge of the solar system that is the key to accessing old human colonies beyond the Sol system
    A fourth energy type which might just be the discovery of the SIVA that the Exodus Black was supposedly carrying, people have been asking for a SIVA spec for a year now and a new spec in D2's expansions would be unsurprising. I'd be down for a SIVA hunter class
    Sounds like the Warmind DLC will be adding back the patrol zones from D1 including lines like 'The Key to the Warminds is buried deep below the cosmodrome'
    Something is going on in The Vault of Glass and The Black Garden and the Vex are 'taking forms never seen before'
    Something called 'The Season of Renewal' with a voice i do not recognise
    Files for 'expansion 2: rasputin' which really suggest the theories of Rise of Iron originally being the second D2 expansion might be legit which are probably leftovers
    festival of the lost, valentines and the dawning files
    All 3 factions have mission lines talking about Ishtar Sink, The Hellmouth, Cosmodrome and dreadnaught but interestingly not a single line in the entire section about Venus, not even a reference. Maybe the Vex are going to mechanise it in Curse of Osiris?

All pretty interesting but from a current D2 standpoint the total lack of Savathun and the new Ravenous Taken is interesting in and of itself. Maybe the 'comet' of D2 is The Taken Queen?
    Dang it man don't raise my hopes again. I honestly enjoyed the D2 story but I'm hoping against hope they'll be adding dead ghost collection and maybe even grimoire back to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15